Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary should be investigated to the fullest?
Due to the recount I now support a full investigation into Hillary Clinton and/or her Foundation. 34 27.42%
I do not support a full investigation into Hillary Clinton and/or her Foundation 10 8.06%
I never suported any investigation for Hillary Clinton. 18 14.52%
I always supported a full investigation and she should be held responsible! 74 59.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:53 PM

592 posts, read 302,714 times

Advertisements

I think we got our investigation and she needs to be locked up. But since she got away with her crony friends, this time we can officially recommend charges, indict, and lock her up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 10:58 PM

22,593 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The media is not who we are talking about. The same standards should apply. Trump has not been transparent (taxes) and we are already seeing situations where stalled Trump projects are suddenly moving forward with his election.

I'm all for investigating Clinton as long as there is a public apology if there is nothing of consequence found and the same standards applied to Trump.

Days after Donald Trump’s election victory, a news agency in the former Soviet republic of Georgia reported that a long-stalled plan for a Trump-branded tower in a seaside Georgian resort town was now back on track.

Likewise, the local developer of a Trump Tower planned for *Buenos Aires announced last week, three days after Trump spoke with Argentina’s president, that the long-delayed project was moving ahead.

Meanwhile, foreign government leaders seeking to speak with Trump have reached out to the president-elect through his overseas network of business partners, an unusually informal process for calls traditionally coordinated with the U.S. State Department.

All of it highlights the muddy new world that Trump’s election may usher in — a world in which his stature as the U.S. president, the status of his private ventures across the globe and his relationships with foreign business partners and the leaders of their governments could all become intertwined.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dd0_story.html

Trump has hired a lawyer to help avoid any conflicts of interest---something Hillary never did:

Trump turns to Washington lawyer to navigate legal, ethics issues | Reuters

Old 11-27-2016, 11:00 PM

22,593 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The Repukes just hate the Clintons even in her defeat and have been going after them for the past 3 decades.
Go waste more taxpayer money on another witch hunt ! Too bad we can't get back the $50 million for Whitewater or the $7 Million for the multiple investigations on Benghazi!

Repukes are vengeful and petulant just like their president is & will be !
Still having trouble accepting the results of the election, I see...

Old 11-28-2016, 02:32 AM

670 posts, read 1,110,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Go ahead. Is the Republican party going to reimburse the country the $50 million dollars they wasted on Whitewater? And will Trump be held to the same standard? That's all I want. If Republicans waste tens of millions of dollars on a witch hunt like they did with Whitewater and the Clinton Christmas Card list, they have to pay it back. And if Trump's actions such as mixing business with government cause concern, etc. the same investigations are applied to him.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

15 people were convicted on federal charges directly related to the Whitewater scandal. Susan McDougal spent 20+ months in jail on contempt of court charges when she refused to answer grand jury questions about Bill Clinton lying under oath about his involvement in Whitewater.

Of course, Bill granted McDougal a full presidential pardon hours before he left the Whitehouse.

Whitewater was a hell of a lot more than a "witch hunt".

Old 11-28-2016, 02:48 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,283,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hillary should be investigated and if determined that there is wrong doing, than sentenced accordingly!

New flash: Already happened. Nothing there.

But let's continue to waste millions of taxpayer's money to satisfy some weird vendetta you have with the woman shall we?

How about another Benghazi investigation? Eh?

Old 11-28-2016, 02:54 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,980,591 times
With everything that came out about the number of countries that contributed millions to the Clinton Foundation and in return got face time with Hillary and/or Bill Clinton and mega sweet arms deals, which apparently benefited ISIS, I think that should be fully investigated, particularly since countries have stopped contributing a dime since she lost the election. If it was such a global benefit for humanity, why would they suddenly stop.

It may turn out that it is nothing, but it needs to be investigated. I used to think a former first lady should not be put in prison, but I am not so sure now.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:09 AM

670 posts, read 1,110,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

But let's continue to waste millions of taxpayer's money to satisfy some weird vendetta you have with the woman shall we?

She got spanked by Trump in the election 290 To 232.

Her political career is over.

Her health is failing.

I'd tend to agree - let it go.

I will add, however, on her side she should come forward and put a stop to all this "recount" crap that continues to divide but will change nothing. I'm not holding my breath for that either.

Last edited by vtvette; 11-28-2016 at 03:21 AM..

Old 11-28-2016, 03:56 AM

26,738 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

You Alt-Leftists wouldn't bat an eyelash if a low level CIA got a 1 year jail sentence for having his babysitter without clearance routinely access classified info and print it off.

Hillary routinely had her maid without clearance access and print off information. We now have the emails of Hillary asking her to do it. We have the maid admitting it happened.

Why do you want a Banana Republic where elites are above the law? Don't you think that if the rule of law does not apply to elected leaders it can swing back around eventually and limit our rights?

The biggest reason why we must have Hillary above the laws for the little people is that you Alt-Leftists would commit violent acts on the streets and then condone it on the message board if she were ever held accountable.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:14 AM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtvette View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

15 people were convicted on federal charges directly related to the Whitewater scandal. Susan McDougal spent 20+ months in jail on contempt of court charges when she refused to answer grand jury questions about Bill Clinton lying under oath about his involvement in Whitewater.
No Susan McDougal refused what she said was Ken Starr's efforts to get her to lie about Bill Clinton. The Clinton's were never charged with anything on Whitewater. It was all about Republicans trying to find something on the Clintons and spending $50 million taxpayer dollars doing it. They investigated their Christmas Card list.

Congress Spent 140 Hours Investigating Clinton's Xmas Card List, 12 Investigating Torture at Abu Ghraib - via Killfile - Newsvine

Old 11-28-2016, 04:18 AM

8,187 posts, read 12,935,355 times
There are people in prison right now for mishandling classified information to a degree much less than Clinton did. She clearly broke the law regarding classified information storage. It is not up to the FBI director to determine if she should be charged; it is up to a grand jury.

It isn't about "getting Hillary". It sends a bad message when some people are "above the law". Let the grand jury decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections