Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:40 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I watched the Pennsylvania rally and Trump shamelessly gloated throughout, mocked and insulted those who oppose him then finished with "we're going to unify the country". It was ridiculously laughable. I will never support him and his rhetoric assures me I am right not to. Thanking African Americans for not voting was an especially nice, divisive touch. If one actually watches the Pennsylvania rally, it's clear Trump is addicted to the attention and misses the pre-election fever he received.
So...let me get this straight...In your mind it's not okay that "Trump shamelessly gloated throughout, mocked and insulted those who oppose him then finished with "we're going to unify the country".?

Yet, to you it's okay that Hillary called a huge chunk of the population "deplorables". To you, it was okay that you and other Hillary supporters constantly "mocked and insulted" Trump supporters.

I guess that old saying is correct. It goes like this: If liberals didn't have double standards, they would have no standards at all. You hold no high ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 08:15 PM

772 posts, read 391,198 times
Beautiful!!!

Old 12-16-2016, 08:25 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,904,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sickening, isn't it?

And what kind of mindless sycophants come to a rally AFTER the election is over?

Their worship of Trump is truly sickening.
Americans who hope for a better America.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...let me get this straight...In your mind it's not okay that "Trump shamelessly gloated throughout, mocked and insulted those who oppose him then finished with "we're going to unify the country".?

Yet, to you it's okay that Hillary called a huge chunk of the population "deplorables". To you, it was okay that you and other Hillary supporters constantly "mocked and insulted" Trump supporters.

I guess that old saying is correct. It goes like this: If liberals didn't have double standards, they would have no standards at all. You hold no high ground.
Ignoring the insult, my point is, if Trump is going to gloat, mock and insult, why bring up unity? He should stick with what he knows. To suggest he's going to unify the country after thanking African Americans for not voting and mocking and insulting those that didn't support him sounds ridiculous.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:35 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,738,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What you and I believe is irrelevant in regards to coal mining. What was important is what the 36,000 people working in the coal industry in Penn. thought. It's pretty clear now who they believed.
But when they realize they were lied to it's not going to be pretty. He is going to do irreparable damage to your party. I've already got my popcorn at the ready. The next four years promise to be the best entertainment money could possibly buy.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
This pretty much say's it all for me. I'd only add, when are you guys going to stop rubbing everyone's noses in the dirt and settle down to honest forum discussion? Or is the next four years going to be one big Victory Tour?

Trump needs to get over his victory

President-elect Donald Trump needs to heal, not revel. That is, he must work on healing the divided country he is about to lead, not continue to revel in his victory with a round of thank-you rallies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.9e43a357b71b

Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,476,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sickening, isn't it?

And what kind of mindless sycophants come to a rally AFTER the election is over?

Their worship of Trump is truly sickening.
"At rallies—surrounded by supporters wearing black shirts—[b]he caught the imagination of the crowds. His physique was impressive, and his style of oratory, staccato and repetitive, was superb. His attitudes were highly theatrical, his opinions were contradictory, his facts were often wrong, and his attacks were frequently malicious and misdirected; but his words were so dramatic, his metaphors so apt and striking, his vigorous, repetitive gestures so extraordinarily effective, that he rarely failed to impose his mood.". Etc, etc. Guess who?

Old 12-16-2016, 10:04 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,476,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No president elect has done what Trump is doing by gloating after the election and calling it a thank you tour. Historically the goal is to bring the country together after an election and one would think especially after an election Trump himself called viciously divisive. Instead, he spends and hour and a half reliving election night and talking about the lying liars, mocks and insults those that don't support him, then finishes with saying the word unity like a checkbox. President Obama never did that, no president ever has.
Bears repeating.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:14 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This pretty much say's it all for me. I'd only add, when are you guys going to stop rubbing everyone's noses in the dirt and settle down to honest forum discussion? Or is the next four years going to be one big Victory Tour?

Trump needs to get over his victory

President-elect Donald Trump needs to heal, not revel. That is, he must work on healing the divided country he is about to lead, not continue to revel in his victory with a round of thank-you rallies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.9e43a357b71b

Do you hold Hillary to the same status?

She needs to come to terms with her loss but yet she is only exacerbating things. When sore losers who were rioting when she lost, she was silent. She never spoke out and told them to stop. She ended up backing Jill Stein when it came to the recounts. She could have instead spoken out and said that she was against those pointless recounts.

For over a year, you were among the many who attacked Trump and his supporters in this forum. Now you're upset because you think that your nose is getting rubbed in the dirt?

Spare us the false outrage.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you hold Hillary to the same status?

She needs to come to terms with her loss but yet she is only exacerbating things. When sore losers who were rioting when she lost, she was silent. She never spoke out and told them to stop. She ended up backing Jill Stein when it came to the recounts. She could have instead spoken out and said that she was against those pointless recounts.

For over a year, you were among the many who attacked Trump and his supporters in this forum. Now you're upset because you think that your nose is getting rubbed in the dirt?

Spare us the false outrage.
Ah! I think I understand. It's not about the title of the thread " YUGE! Turnout For Trump/Pence In Pennsylvania Yesterday. It's really a thread about Hillary being a sore loser. Uh,.....I guess the 12 threads that are directed at Hillary being a dick and a sore loser are past their sell date and this was the ideal thread to put that front and center again?

I still think Trump should be going to every intelligence briefing and having crash meetings to figure out how he's going to convince the country he's on their side when he's appointed people to run the government who are on the record to dismantle it.
Instead he's out prancing around a stage, throwing out red meat to the mob and soaking in the adoration of the cult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections