Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 04:49 AM

451 posts, read 236,941 times

Advertisements

My My! Bill Clinton votes in Albany for Hillary yesterday and claims that one reason Hillary lost was because "angry white men voted for Trump."

How divisive and racist a statement! Just like when Van Jones claimed the vote for Trump was a
"whitelash."

So I guess it is appropriate to say that in 2008 angry blacks voted for Obama? Or is that bigoted and divisive?

I'm so confused!

Old 12-20-2016, 05:52 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,901,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
My My! Bill Clinton votes in Albany for Hillary yesterday and claims that one reason Hillary lost was because "angry white men voted for Trump."

How divisive and racist a statement! Just like when Van Jones claimed the vote for Trump was a
"whitelash."

So I guess it is appropriate to say that in 2008 angry blacks voted for Obama? Or is that bigoted and divisive?

I'm so confused!

Let me see if I can help clear up some of your confusion. Bill was right, it is very apparent that Trump got a lot of his support from white Americans who were ticked off for various reasons. Their perception of how our country was going was one factor, but we can not ignore the hidden feelings that a lot of people had about Obama, and that hidden part was that he is black.

Trump tapped into the things that some people were ashamed or afraid to say publicly. I'm a white guy, but I realize that there is bigotry in this country. Some of us whites DO NOT like Obama simply for the reason that he is not white. Anyone who denies that is lying.

As for your other question, no, not everyone who voted for Obama was black. I am white and voted for him twice. We did it because America was in the toilet from Bush. People were losing homes and jobs left and right, and there was a lot to fix at that time. THAT is why we voted for Obama, and I would have voted for him a 3rd time, if I could.

We whites hate to admit that we do hold deep prejudices and biases. Trump never came out and said "white things" directly, but he made white people feel that people we do not like were going to be kicked out of the country (Mexicans and Muslims) and others were going to see more law enforcement coming down on them (blacks through his stop and frisk ideas). All Trump did was loudly and frequently say the things lots of whites were feeling but afraid to openly admit.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:21 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,236,622 times
To get in depth about the matter, would be rather interesting, and hopefully the post can sustain presence.

First let's clear up that Democrats are not of such divisiveness, nor could they even come close to the divisiveness Republican have demonstrated for the past 8 yrs. What democrats are saying, is..how could people not see beyond their own emotions and wants of a mentality display of the past; to become a model for tomorrow.

Listen to Trumps Own Words:

Quote:

The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular.

I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.
Donald Trump

The quote in question is a variation of a propaganda technique known as "the big lie," which Adolf Hitler described in his memoir Mein Kampf as follows:

All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes.
cite:

Does one have the slightest idea of what it takes to engage and move a mass by acts of "mind management manipulations"? If not think back and look at history, in America, and then about the world as it relates to people and the act of mind management manipulations.
In America for Centuries and Decades what did it take to make a whole nation of (white) people to have not only been party and supporters of slavery for centuries, and then followed it up with segregation for another century?
Think in terms of the regime and society in Germany under Hitler, or think of the society and regime under Mussolini.
All the people knew of the atrocities, but they were concerned with their own sense of prosperity and doing well, it was not of a concern as to the means or atrocities that contributed to them having such a sense of self and entitlements. These are demonstrations of acts and facts as to the how power influences the masses to adopt anything.

We saw and again and we continue to see it, where Trump said anything, and people supported it, when Trump said nothing the people supported it as if he actually said something, he was belligerent, mean spirited, braggadocios, arrogant, rude and crude in a variety of his rally's, pushing veiled threat to promote to incite people to violence, and went so far as to call for acts against Hillary, and invites to Russia to Hack our systems, attacked every institution of American governance, and every organization of governmental function and its elected and appointed people. He was and is the symbol of imagery that so many white people aspire to. It was like a replay of the 1960's collective fight of white people fighting against Civil Rights and Equality. The divisions showed themselves to be as such. The aftermath has shown the same spike in types of racist arousal that sprang up after the Civil Rights Act.

To those whom aspired and desired such, It mattered not what he said, says, or does, he is a white male, the history of the white male image was one who could in past times- belittle, attack, assault and infringe upon minorities and the poor without repercussions, and people have been groomed to pursue that imagery as their image of standards.

We see vividly Trump upending the nature and process of the office and people are willing to accept it without question. Yet, over 8 yrs they have quested everything with contempt leading the ways at the mere presence of Obama, then attacked anything and everything he said or did, when his acts and efforts were clearly for the people. Trump has proposed nothing that Obama did not propose and pursue, such as Jobs, the Economy and such things, and he uplifted this nation from the worst job loss in modern history and uplifted the economy from the worst crash since the great depression. The issue with many, is simply that he is a black man, and that image is not an image fed to a segment of white American in their media viewing, their daily environments, or in their business climates or even the associates and clientele.

Trump on the other hand is not only that image that white people seek, he makes that image by being a media entertainer, and all the history of his Media presence. to white people, he represents wealth and power, and often times when the focus is on that, "nothing else matters", and people are willing to accept anything from figures who represent an image of a white male with wealth and power. In many ways, its just that simple.

Repeat quote to emphasis that point of how simple it is.

Quote:

The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular.

I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.
Donald Trump
Therefore, there is nothing to be confused about when his own words explains it. He knew that is how people can be "mind management manipulated" and he used it for that purpose and effect. He knew that image of grandiose, belligerent bully talk and aggressive arrogance is what many American white people respond to, especially the lesser educated, the working poor and the dire poor. Because they want an image to fit the dreams they hold about themselves. He used that technique on his TV show. It played to grandiose, belligerent manner, aggressive arrogance and utter and simply public displays with intent to humiliate. Even the people he used as contestants, were many times "has been's in the media" whom were willing to submit to being publicly humiliated for a pay day. the lesser educated and the working poor and poor American's loved it. It mirrored the mentality that people often want to have as being one of power to pump or dump the lives of others.
America has a long history of that mentality training, as was the elements of slavery and segregation a common every day platform for them to be and act such ways.

Many of the people saying "we just wanted something different", actually that's not true, "they wanted what they once had in the general public, which is why he was able to play to racism, attract racist groups and embolden the bigots and racist across this nation. If you look at the nature and mentality of prime time show, that appeal to white people, it is slap stick sarcasm, belligerent sarcasm and the likes which propels prime time and reality tv to dominate the media waves, Trump, knows this because his show built its reputation on that premise and function.

Realize, people are not that complicated, as stated by Trump in the quoted text, of which he reflects the same summation of what Hitler arrived to surmise about people.

Power and Money has no Soul!!!!! It has no concern for the soul; it has allegiance to what promotes Power and Money as being Influential and being of Domineering Power. Nothing matter beyond that, within such a system.
Life of the masses is expendable, for the preservation of the wealthy and power. This has been the system for centuries within the ideologies of man. You become a fighter or a laborer and/or both; this is the role of the indentured and always has been. Some of the indentured have become enslaved and others simply paid the same as it cost to house and feed a slave, no more and given a bit of autonomy in movement, but finances always controlled and limited that movement by many means, thus making it still as being a format of containment.

The media in the spin talking about hacking and every other thing, to feed public spin, when the facts involve looking at what is taking shape and how its moving forward, it has no concern as to how the win came to be, it matters only that the win was gained. This is too the mind of the right wing constituency. They function with the same devotion as if they are the new era of Confederate Soldiers, willing to give their everything for the sake of the wealthy indenturing class to provide for them, they are willing to accept practically anything under that belief and devotion unto such expectations.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 AM

I try to rep you and it tells me to spread it around, how can that even be, when the post only has three comments? [b]don1945 [b], This is a new post, yet, Either way, I want to say, I think your response is honest and clear in speaking to what many don't want to say or acknowledge. Thank you.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:30 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,289,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let me see if I can help clear up some of your confusion. Bill was right, it is very apparent that Trump got a lot of his support from white Americans who were ticked off for various reasons. Their perception of how our country was going was one factor, but we can not ignore the hidden feelings that a lot of people had about Obama, and that hidden part was that he is black.

Trump tapped into the things that some people were ashamed or afraid to say publicly. I'm a white guy, but I realize that there is bigotry in this country. Some of us whites DO NOT like Obama simply for the reason that he is not white. Anyone who denies that is lying.

As for your other question, no, not everyone who voted for Obama was black. I am white and voted for him twice. We did it because America was in the toilet from Bush. People were losing homes and jobs left and right, and there was a lot to fix at that time. THAT is why we voted for Obama, and I would have voted for him a 3rd time, if I could.

We whites hate to admit that we do hold deep prejudices and biases. Trump never came out and said "white things" directly, but he made white people feel that people we do not like were going to be kicked out of the country (Mexicans and Muslims) and others were going to see more law enforcement coming down on them (blacks through his stop and frisk ideas). All Trump did was loudly and frequently say the things lots of whites were feeling but afraid to openly admit.

Luckily, I don't suffer from white guilt syndrome. Trump never said anything that I would be afraid to admit I agreed with. I pity those who have been brainwashed by the media and the left to be ashamed of being white. Do some not like Obama because he is black? Certainly. Do some only like him because he is black? Certainly. The idea that the only reason a white person would disagree with Obama is because of prejudice, is itself a racist and bigoted position. You also probably believe that those who opposed Hillary did so because they are sexist. We opposed both of them because of their politics, agenda, and liberal values.

You white guilters hate to admit that blacks hold deep prejudices and biases also. I hate to break it to you, but when you are not with them, a lot of the blacks you stand with are laughing at you behind your back. That is the truth.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:33 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
This coming from a liar who at one time said about Obama...
“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Bill Clinton is a Southern Democrat who played Blacks into believing he was the first "Black" president when in reality, he'd rather be in that White's Only country club that he belonged to in Arkansas.

Bill Clinton made insensitive ‘race jab’ about Obama in 2008 | New York Post

Old 12-20-2016, 06:39 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,844,961 times
Quote:

"whitelash."

I'm so confused!
Bill insulted so many Black and White people that it is shocking and hilarious at the same time. The Clintons seem to be mental cases at this point.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 AM

Based on some of the above comments, it is clearly certain, some do not understand anything don1945 or I wrote, nor do they want to think that deep. They only want what supports the fictional self imagery they see. Don has made no submission of or unto any white guilt. He has spoken the truths that many can't bear or ingest to digest.
American history is its own facts, racism is its own reality and the impacts of history and racism reverberates in some deeply. They would rather call it submitting to white guilt, than to consider it a coming to understand of how racism functions and to acknowledge it, but as well to learn from it and make adjustments. Not find means to try and deny it and then push for division, as did one of the previous post, by trying to influence don to think people are not sincere in and out of his presence simply because of skin color.

What that write has done is shown themselves, as to how they are, more than anything else. Of themselves likely smiling in a black persons face, and talking about them behind their back.
Nothing don said, would support such a manner, nor demeanor nor activity.

It's amazing what length people go to so try and justify their bigotry, and be covert about their racism, especially have 100's of years of training and having such passed through the generations in direct and subtle ways as being the manner of conduct.

Democrats campaigns, and Convention was about "unity", they spoke of it at all public gathering. This was not a part of the Republican campaign, nor its rally's and certainly not at its convention. There was no mass diversity in the Republican rallys nor its convention.
Trump had many supporters whom were groomed during the early 60's and some since have groomed it into the generations that came after. Thus, what we saw was similar to what was seen during the mid 1960 Civil Rights Oppositions. We saw it again when it came to Schools desegregation, as with the vile that came with school busing and districts and routes. This is the world some people live in, and they can't see beyond themselves to acknowlege their ingrained race biases, nor their bigotry.

Outside the arena's of rally's. The poor whites go one direction and the well to do white go another direction, and many go to their segregated communities, some in well kept suburbia and some to the poor area where poor whites congregate to segregate themselves, and some head to the hills, the woods and the run down mill towns, and they take and bring their bigotry and race bias, and blame all such things and everything on everyone but themselves. Yet, these are the exact same people who fought against themselves, when they acted like confederate soldiers trying to protect the wealthy plantation owners, they did the exact same fighting against Unions, Raising the Minimum Wage, Fighting against the Jobs Bill and the same fights against wage equality, and fights against women to make their own decisions.

They are well trained by the wealthy to defeat themselves to protect the wealthy. It's like people submitting to Confederate Armies coming in taking their corn, taking their live stock and leaving them nothing, these people stood back and claimed, that they were fighting for a noble cause, and that cause was to protect the wealthy. This is exactly the grooming they brought with them when they immigrated from places that had monarchy's and Dictators, and they brought that mentality and passed in on from generation to generations and still today, they are passing it on, and are themselves too blind to see it.
They can't even see, that Trump has installed nothing but Millionaires and Billionaires, and people who want to dismantle and destroy departments and eliminate public assistance programs, and give free reign to plunder the environment for the pursuit of wealth. It's kind of like the rise of the Plantation system in the ways that it wants profit by any means and at the expense of anything and anyone.

If you think the Modern day democrats are upset with that agenda, then you are likely correct. Democrats seem to understand that there is a value greater than wealth chasing, and there is a humanity and world, that is worth protecting from plunder by any means. IF you think democrats are upset about the racial secularism, then you are correct, because democrats support diversity and understand that equality is the basis of why this nation made its claim to establish a Constitution and claim of Independence.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:25 AM

451 posts, read 236,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Lol! You are too funny! First of all my "confusion" was a sarcastic comment. You knew that.

Second..... fine you say that whites hold deep prejudices and biases. DO blacks? From what I have seen black people are some of the most racist, bigoted, and biased people around. VAn Jones speaking of a "whitelash," and getting away with it. Al Sharpton with his constant assault on whites and on and on.

You know what? Most whites are sick of it. Sick and tired of having Black Lives MAtter thrown in our face. Sick and tired of being made to feel ohhhh so guilty that 200 years ago the white man enslaved so many blacks and now they want reparations. Sick and tired that after EVERY incident where a black individual dies at the hands of a white police officer.....MAJOR INVESTIGATION.....Stop Everything.
Sick and tired at the implication that so many whites demonstrate white supremacy simple because they vote for a PResidential candidate of their choice. Sick and tired of black people complaining that the prisons are filled with a disproportionate number of black people. And on and on and on.
And let's not forget about "white privilege." MAke sure you feel guilty because you are white.

Tell you what. YOU feel guilty and bow your head in shame if you want because you buy into the BS and probably hate the fact that you are white. Not me. I am white and feel no guilt or any need to "apologize" to anyone for any reason. I pay my taxes and obey the law. Funny if more people would do that...black and white....we would significantly reduce many issues.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:29 AM

16,717 posts, read 8,707,883 times
Quote:

"whitelash."

I'm so confused!
No, you are just not infected with Political Correctness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections