Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 8,786 times

Advertisements

I see so many posts from Trump supporters saying they can't wait for him to take office so things will change.

WITHOUT BASHING OBAMA, can you intelligently explain, with specific details, exactly what you expect from Trump and how you think those changes will directly effect YOUR life? What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better. You can compare and contrast with current policies of course, but please give a well written answer as to what you expect from the next 4 years, and how those things would only happen with Trump as President.

Thanks.

AND TRUMP HATERS: Please don't use this thread to bash Trump. I am seriously interested in what Trump supporters expect the next 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 09:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Not a *beeping* thing. I'm just hoping for the Great American Apology Tour to end and the floodgates to close or at least significantly narrow for anyone not willing to assimilate to our culuture.

I love my country, I feel as if the last eight years the man who was supposed to lead it didn't. Trump at least acts like he does.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:31 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
We can actually enforce the immigration laws in place that continue to be ignored by the current administration.

Why is that important? Obviously safety... financially, people who do not pay into the system through income taxes are allowed to freely use services and education that suck up our already limited resources - which help cause government budget deficits.

Citizens who would take jobs are low balled by illegals who are paid for less under the table. Those citizens get government benefits for increasing periods of time... which helps cause for budget deficits.

I am for legal immigration and people becoming citizens the legal way, becoming taxpayers, and freely having the desires to pursue their own happiness. Hopefully Trump will get us back on the right path here.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
He will do absolutely nothing for me.

Anyone that thinks President Obama didn't love this country is sadly mistaken.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
Perhaps a more vexing question would be. "What do you're expect trump to do TO you"...
I despise the man, and question the ability of people to think that he's anything but a grifter and a member of the lucky sperm club.

There is something out there, a disquiet that is gathering energy. Our grifter has far too many balls in the air to juggle, he's in for a rude awakening when he finds the Trump Brand of Baloney isn't selling any more.

Where are the crowds of entertainers willing to endorse his mission by performing at his inaugural?...finding anyone is like trying to catch the wind. I suspect that there may not be an inauguration as we expect, but some crass tweet saying inaugurations are for losers.

Either way time is short for Captain Kangaroo and Mr Green Jeans to get their act together...

Old 12-27-2016, 09:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Not a thing.
I take care of my own needs. I think those who look to politicians to save them are the same type who expect government handouts, and foolishly trusted that Social Security would provide them a comfortable retirement.
Politicians are professional liars.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:42 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Enforce current immigration laws, plain and simple. If he does nothing else, it's already 1000 times better than we had the last 8 years.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Bam! Good start. Spot on!

Old 12-27-2016, 09:54 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
Ok, but it is a FACT that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other President. So can you help me understand what Trump will do differently.
Where have you been? Obama does not support current immigration laws. He does just the opposite. He want's to give people who have come here illegally a free path to being legal and or citizens. He supports cities which give amnesty to illegals. He proudly and unconstitutionally gave amnesty to the so called "dreamers" who came here as minors, many of which were teenagers without their parents.
As far as deporting illegals, Obama has made a mockery of it. He has not deported more illegals than any other President. What he did was change the definition of "deport" to mean they are simply turned around at the border and then labeled as deported. No other administration as done this. Deported used to mean people living here illegally were sent home. So here is your false fact that Obama has deported more illegals than anyone else from the L.A. Times, a liberal newspaper.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Old 12-27-2016, 10:01 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
Ok, but it is a FACT that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other President. So can you help me understand what Trump will do differently.
The fact that he has deported a record number of illegal immigrants speaks to the large number of people who have walked thru the border unhindered - which has given him the opportunity to send a large number out of the country.

If we had an effective border patrol, there would be no need to have a large deportation number because they wouldn't get through in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections