Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 03:34 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times

Advertisements

What do I expect from Trump?

1. Make me laugh.

2. Not be predictable.

3. Change Healthcare for the better.

4. Keep everyone on their toes by not acting like a whipping dog.

5. Make this country exciting and worth living in.

6. Always maintain control over the foreign countries... that have always had things their way.

7. Show that he cares about our country and loves our country. He does both, so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 03:36 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,913,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
Ok, but it is a FACT that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other President. So can you help me understand what Trump will do differently.
I knew you would be back showing your true left wing colors, you can tried to make your OP sound so neutral, but it didn't work...
So go ahead, tell us how wonderful the anti American obama is...

Old 12-27-2016, 03:40 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
If he leaves office and only accomplishes 2% of what he promised during the election cycle I'll be happy as hell that I voted for him. He could literally do nothing for 4 years and he would make me happier than 1 day with Hillary Clinton in office.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:43 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,634,535 times
Probably cut medicare and social Security. Nothing good for sure....

Old 12-27-2016, 03:45 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Ok, but it is a FACT that Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other President. So can you help me understand what Trump will do differently.
Nope.

Obama did no such thing. In fact, he admitted to cooking the books:

Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

OP --- Despite you politely asking Trump haters and bashers to not respond to this thread, they did anyway. Sad...

Old 12-27-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I would like to see somebody punch Trump in the face, that would make me smile.
Why are you even in this thread? The OP asked politely for Trump haters and bashers to not respond.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,962,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He will do absolutely nothing for me.

Anyone that thinks President Obama didn't love this country is sadly mistaken.
Wrong. If you think the Obamas love the country, you haven't been listening to Michelle or paying attention to Barry.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:06 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
Quote:
I see so many posts from Trump supporters saying they can't wait for him to take office so things will change.

WITHOUT BASHING OBAMA, can you intelligently explain, with specific details, exactly what you expect from Trump and how you think those changes will directly effect YOUR life? What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better. You can compare and contrast with current policies of course, but please give a well written answer as to what you expect from the next 4 years, and how those things would only happen with Trump as President.

Thanks.

AND TRUMP HATERS: Please don't use this thread to bash Trump. I am seriously interested in what Trump supporters expect the next 4 years.
He s going to get rid of all the illegals.
He's going to stop any Muslim immigration
He's going to eliminate ISIS.
He's going to bring all the jobs back
He's going to repeal Obamacare.
He's going to build up the military
He's going to make America great again.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:15 PM

What do I expect for Trump to do for me, personally? He did it already---he got elected

That said, I voted for him because he came right out and said that illegal immigration is a big problem. I got so tired of politicians tip toeing around this issue, for fear of offending Hispanics. Not to mention that they are beholden to their mega-rich donors who want the flow of illegals to continue. As someone of Hispanic descent, I found it very insulting to be pandered and stereotyped in that way.

Illegal immigration destroyed my community. In the late 90s, as people sold their homes, the new owners, for the most part, became absentee landlords who created flophouses with 20-30 people per house. We've seen MS-13 graffiti and a few shootings. The worst shooting was a high school kid who got shot while waiting for the school bus in the morning. It turned out that the kid didn't want to join a gang. They arrested 3 illegals for that killing.

We've had hyper immigration since 1965 and that needs to stop. Starting in 1965, we have allowed 59 million immigrants into this country and untold millions of illegals. We have a townhouse community within our development. Many legal immigrants from third world countries bought those houses and either made illegal apartments in their basements or are living like this---3 families in a 3 bedroom house. The place is turning into a slum. Our HOA constantly has to get after the miscreants over and over again. Things like this bring everybody's property values down. We are planning to sell our house. Our next door neighbors told us that they are worried about who will move into it.

Our schools are being really strained when it comes to educating these kids. Many, despite being born here, show up at school not speaking a word of English and the Spanish they do know is atrocious. These kids take away resources from other kids who come to school prepared

I am so glad that Trump has addressed this issue and plans to do something about it.

He also plans to fix the fraud and corruption in the H1-B program. My husband is now retired but when he was working, one time he couldn't find IT work for 10 months, despite being highly qualified. Many Indians are now in IT and blatantly discriminate against non-Indians. They would call him and string him along leading him to believe that they were interested, when they weren't.

This visa program has gotten so corrupted that it is now being used to lay off Americans and replace them with H1-Bs. To add insult to injury, if the Americans want their severance pay, they have to train the H1-Bs.

If we continued on this ruinous path we are currently on, what would be left for my grandkids?

I was so relieved when Trump won. My first thought was this --- now my grandkids have a bright future ahead. My brother put it this way---when he heard Trump won, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders. He trims trees for a living and got undercut quite a lot due to illegals.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:29 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He s going to get rid of all the illegals.
He's going to stop any Muslim immigration
He's going to eliminate ISIS.
He's going to bring all the jobs back
He's going to repeal Obamacare.
He's going to build up the military
He's going to make America great again.
Has Trump announced his first trip up there to Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections