Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 06:09 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That was 8 years ago and people jumped on her because they didn't understand what she was saying. Most of us knew what she was saying though. Yet here we are, still harping about this.
Please. Enlighten us. What did she mean? We're all ears.

Quote:
She was new at this just like Melania will be new at this. If Melania makes a misstep are we going to hold that against her as well. I hope not but I don't hold out any hope.
Really? Melania is an immigrant whose first language is not English. Michelle is a Princeton undergrad, Harvard Law School educated lawyer who has never lived outside of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 06:10 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
I see so many posts from Trump supporters saying they can't wait for him to take office so things will change.

WITHOUT BASHING OBAMA, can you intelligently explain, with specific details, exactly what you expect from Trump and how you think those changes will directly effect YOUR life? What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better. You can compare and contrast with current policies of course, but please give a well written answer as to what you expect from the next 4 years, and how those things would only happen with Trump as President.

Thanks.

AND TRUMP HATERS: Please don't use this thread to bash Trump. I am seriously interested in what Trump supporters expect the next 4 years.
What are you expecting Trump to do for YOU?

I don't expect Trump to do anything for me specifically.IMO, this is the difference between the left and the right.

"Ask NOT, what your country can do for you but, what can YOU do for your country"

The left deals in "group" and "me" politics.

Hillary addressed individual groups, women, blacks, college kids etc., and her speeches were mostly to these individual groups.

The right, believes on what is good for the COUNTRY.

If good things that are done for the good of the country, then MOST individual people will be happy.

Individual people (and groups) sometimes are not so happy.

You CANNOT do things that everybody will be happy with.

That is just life.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:15 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
I expect Trump to eliminate the Democratic Party... I have had enough of the Fake News, lying, deceitful, and whining snowflakes on this forum... time to end them..

Old 12-28-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Michelle was only 5 years old when we landed on the moon. What else have we done in her lifetime that she should be proud of?
Are you actually someone who agrees with Michelle, and at the same time does NOT think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is something to be proud of? Really?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:20 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
I'm hoping Trump and the R congress can reverse some of the consequences of liberal governance -- bring back law and order, decency & civility, a more balanced economic vitality.
Perfect example is San Francisco -- read the article not the video above it.

San Francisco grapples with growing crime, blight after years of liberal policies | Fox News

Last edited by mountainrose; 12-28-2016 at 06:41 AM..

Old 12-28-2016, 08:15 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I expect Trump to eliminate the Democratic Party... I have had enough of the Fake News, lying, deceitful, and whining snowflakes on this forum... time to end them..
It isn't necessarily the "party". It is most of those in power positions within that party that have hijacked it, and "fundamentally transformed" it.

They are the modern day fifth columnists, seeking destruction of freedom and our way of life, from within.

There are some of them within the Republican 'party" as well. And the same "transformation" was in full play. It took a real leader, to push his way past the other 15 "establishment" candidates and create a new opportunity to put our republic back on track.......

As I mentioned in a earlier post. All Trump needs to do, is to do nothing TO the people.

Just remove the roadblocks, and stumbling pegs that have been placed in the people's way, that prevents them from finding, and realizing their own potential. Things like lopsided trade deals, and most favored trading nations, executive orders, Crony deals that place onerous restrictions on our own citizens, while giving away the farm to other nations, for little or nothing in return.

If many of those roadblocks can be sufficiently removed, or re negotiated, to have a positive effect on the average citizen, I believe most will see, and understand the folly of their liberal masters, as freedom, money, and prosperity flow to them as if they were magnetically pulling it in.

The best educator, is first hand experience. Let the free market flourish, remove the fetters, and the human spirit will do the rest. Except of course for the liberal elites (the brainwashing slave masters) and those minds so completely damaged by the liberal brainwashing(the useful idiots).

CN

Old 12-28-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
make one had a bad taste.
Quote:
move American Forward.
Quote:
want to turn American back
A remedial English course might help.

Quote:
others can't stand the fact that a black man as President helped save the economic system
Congratulations. Playing the race card, and then making a claim you can't substantiate, all in sixteen words.

What do you mean, SPECIFICALLY, by 'help save the economic system? After defining that...What SPECIFIC actions did Obama take to help 'save the economic system', and WHY were those actions...SPECIFICALLY those actions...successful?

Quote:
If they cared about American Business, they'd want to see the government help American Business like governments help business in other countries who have dominated the the industrial sector.
The United States is a constitutional republic, not otherwise, despite the desires of social democrats like those who run those other countries.

Quote:
They would be in support of improving Public Schools, not trying to figure out how to extract funds from public schools to promote private schools.
Mark Zuckerberg (a white guy), the CEO and controlling shareholder of Facebook, gave $100 million USD to help Newark, New Jersey public schools. A significant portion of that money was wasted on consultants trying to decide which problems to address.

Sean Combs (in the opinion of many, a very successful black man) pestered Dr. Steve Perry (in the opinion of many, another very successful black man) until he was able to make Capital Prep Harlem a reality.

Good ideas are good ideas....irrespective of skin color .

If vouchers could be used to help bring this concept, with results similar to what Dr. Perry achieved in Hartford, to another area where a struggling, black single mom could send her children to such a school...rather than a poorly rated local public school...why would you be against that?

Quote:
If they cared about American, they would stand against privatizations of any type or level of Government Services and Government Function.
Why (especially given my example directly above) ?

Quote:
State University would go back to the model which existed before Ronald Reagan gutted the system.
This is a pretty non specific, seemingly blanket statement. What do you mean by 'State University', which ones, and what (SPECIFICALLY) did Ronald Reagan do to 'gut the system' ?

Quote:
All these things which once existed, fell apart, all as a protracted fight against the advances that Civil Rights promoted, because many of the people who supported the dismantling and shut out of things that worked, did so, because historically they could not digest anyone benefiting through these systems, except white people. They would rather have destroyed such things, than to accept equality and accessibility for all.
There it is folks.

The expert on crawling into the heads of white people and discerning motivation (heavy sarcasm intended), displaying his unvarnished racism for all to see.

Everything through a lens of racism.

Quote:
They still don't grasp the fact that affirmative actions was a program, that was created because of their denials and efforts to stop integration and block participation and deny equality in advancements.
Why should qualified younger people who, PERSONALLY, had NOTHING to do with the above, pay a price to 'help' someone who is LESS qualified, just because of the color of the more qualified person's skin?

Quote:
Likely, we will see at some points "Martial Law" - It likely will be instituted first in places like Chicago, because of the high gun violence and murder rates. It will likely be spread to other areas of others cities, targeting the Gang culture. Curfew and restricted gun possession in those areas, and high incarceration as well as high deportation of illegals who are gang members. That's a likely first move, because localized law enforcement has been over taxed and they can't stop the violence and disband the gangs. This same scenario may well extend to the white extremist sectors as well, until these elements are contained, diminished and a civility is restored.
You may be right about this result, but not the 'why'.

Quote:
Once that has been done, by then, hopefully- "SOME" of these Types as mentioned above, settle down and face up to living in a world of diversity with equality as the premise. If they can get to that point, then American can flourish as a united people as being Americans. Some will be awakened to learn and understand that Outsourcing was a program designed to keep minorities and women down, and the result considered poor whites as collateral damage in such a program. Hopefully, when people get that understanding, they will stand up for equality not only as people, but equality and respect in how jobs respect the employees and come to terms that America,
Interesting. Hope viewed through a lens of racism.

Quote:
to produce no less than 40% of what it consumes. if not 50-60%., and we must do it as a unified people whom are Americans.
I agree, and would be willing to pay more for such products.

I have a feeling your definition of 'a unified people' is different from many others who agree with you re producing what we consume.

Last edited by RMESMH; 12-28-2016 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: CORRECTED A ONE CHARACTER END OF SENTENCE PUNCTUATION RE ONE SENTENCE

Old 12-28-2016, 09:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Lightbulb What are you expecting Trump to do for YOU?

I'm retired and make less than 50K/year.

So, he's gonna raise my taxes.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding. Ivanka is his golden child....his favorite. I think he listens to her more than anyone else. And his son in law greatly influences him as well
I know that but I don't have to like her influence and can you imagine the mess for Trump if Ivanka and her husband ever got divorced? Like all first ladies meddling, we didn't vote for the kids, either. I expect them to stay out of executive decisions. Been consistent on this for decades. Didn't like Rosalyn Carter sitting in on meetings or Amy Carter spouting off on Nukes or the Reagan kids popping off or Hillary Clinton claiming a co-presidency. I'm pretty sure "We didn't Vote For Her" bumper stickers originated in the Clinton administration. If first ladies and kids want to be relevant, tell them to get a job outside of the administration. That would be a real first. Let people see them getting up and going to work.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:33 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,563,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
I see so many posts from Trump supporters saying they can't wait for him to take office so things will change.

WITHOUT BASHING OBAMA, can you intelligently explain, with specific details, exactly what you expect from Trump and how you think those changes will directly effect YOUR life? What policies do you expect him to implement that will make your life better. You can compare and contrast with current policies of course, but please give a well written answer as to what you expect from the next 4 years, and how those things would only happen with Trump as President.

Thanks.

AND TRUMP HATERS: Please don't use this thread to bash Trump. I am seriously interested in what Trump supporters expect the next 4 years.

I don't expect him to do much for me. I'm a teacher. While I don't expect Trump to do anything for me personally, Obama didn't do anything for me either. My wages were stagnant for the last 8 years and the cost of my insurance has gone up dramatically. The dems weren't helping me so why not try something new?

What I expect Trump to do is create a friendlier environment for business in the US. I think this will be his major contribution during his 4 years in office (I will be quite surprised if he's a two term president but I said that about Obama too so who knows). I hope he will make changes to the affordable care act so it actually is affordable (my dd and her dh fall between qualifying for Medicaid and being able to use the exchange. While I can cover her on my insurance thanks to the affordable care act I cannot carry her children so my grand children are without insurance.). That's really it. I expect he will be a one term president. Many of us voted for him simply because we couldn't vote for Hillary. I'm actually quite surprised he won. I expected her to win so I voted republican for house and senate hoping they'd reel her in and prevent her from doing damage to our fragile economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections