Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 06:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Not a Trump supporter in the slightest, but the one silver lining for my family is the money we'll save because of Trump's tax plan, I guess.
You HOPE. Depends whether you're one of the 1%, who are the ones who will get a tax break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 07:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You HOPE. Depends whether you're one of the 1%, who are the ones who will get a tax break.
HOPE.... where did I hear that before? Oh yes, Obama, the iconic redeemer who promised hope and change never seemed so small and hopeless. I hope some day he can get it through his head that the people "rejected his policies".

Old 12-28-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Im also big on the idea of term limits.

If Trump can get a Constitutional Amendment to limit Congressional term limits and ban congressional members from lobbying jobs up until 5 years after they leave office--that will be absolutely remarkable imo.

To me he will hold his offer of "draining the swamp"
You do realize that would have to be a law passed by CONGRESS. Not going to happen. They like those cushy $175,000 + expenses jobs.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
HOPE.... where did I hear that before? Oh yes, Obama, the iconic redeemer who promised hope and change never seemed so small and hopeless. I hope some day he can get it through his head that the people "rejected his policies".
You have nothing good to say about Trump, so you just try to bash Obama. A poor tactic..

Old 12-28-2016, 08:05 PM

Only good thing about Trump winning is that I'm watching a lot less TV (because I can't stand to look at his ugly face and orange hair).

Old 12-28-2016, 08:09 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You forgot to accuse me of kicking puppies.
Defensive much? Why? Do you actually kick puppies?

I don't understand how you think it's okay to disregard the OP's polite request because you feel entitled to rant and rage over Trump's win. Can't you restrain yourself? Or at least start your own thread and invite other anti-Trumps to join you in your rant?

Old 12-28-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
You have nothing good to say about Trump, so you just try to bash Obama. A poor tactic..
Quote:
Only good thing about Trump winning is that I'm watching a lot less TV (because I can't stand to look at his ugly face and orange hair).
So...why are you in this thread? Why are you disregarding the OP's request to not bash Trump? Talk about "a poor tactic" on your part.

I'm sure that you wouldn't be happy if someone crashed a pro-Hillary thread after being asked not to do so.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...why are you in this thread? Why are you disregarding the OP's request to not bash Trump? Talk about "a poor tactic" on your part.

I'm sure that you wouldn't be happy if someone crashed a pro-Hillary thread after being asked not to do so.
Believe me, Trump supporters bash Hillary and Obama on every thread on the Politics section of the forum.

I forgot about the OP's request and apologize to him/her.

But I think I'll read a bunch of your posts to see how many of yours are polite to Hillary and Obama.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Believe me, Trump supporters bash Hillary and Obama on every thread on the Politics section of the forum.

I forgot about the OP's request and apologize to him/her.

But I think I'll read a bunch of your posts to see how many of yours are polite to Hillary and Obama.
If you have lots of time on your hands, have at it.

You will find that I never called any of them names.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:28 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
What are you expecting Trump to do for YOU?....
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I am a patriotic American, not a self serving ingrate. I love being an American, I love what America represents, I love what America has done in the world, and I want America to get back on track.

I can take care of myself. I don't expect the President Of The United States to serve me in any way. That is the fundamental difference between Republicans and Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections