Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 06:59 PM

979 posts, read 491,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Has it escaped your knowledge that Trump is ALREADY rich?
Did I say he wasn't rich in that post? I am not sure what you are getting at by this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 07:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So you make the claim without providing any evidence?
I did.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
It's been two months and the Dems are still throwing a tantrum. I thought they wound tire themselves out like the 2 year olds on the candy aisle at Target, but so far no luck.
the shriekers have stamina, if little else.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:35 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,016,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It's unconstitutional, that's why.
Why is it a bad thing for candidates to show financial records that can expose conflict of interest? Forget about trump why is this a bad thing?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:55 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,706,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans want to have a dictatorship like Trumps buddy Putin. It's funny how Republicans used to call Russia the "EVIL EMPIRE". Now, Trump isn't having Russia accused of Hacking to protect his buddy from punishment and ignoring the evidence.
Shouldn't you wait for all the facts to come in, or do you believe you have all the facts?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...iscovered.html

I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg and have no idea what's below the surface or how deep it runs.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:06 AM

30,655 posts, read 18,263,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump didn't get but one electoral vote from all of those blue states anyway, not sure why Republicans would complain. Believe Oregon is looking at proposing it and probably California and Washington would follow. Again, Trump didn't get any electoral votes from any of those states.
He got one in Maine, which is what concerns me the most. Thankfully, the GOP controls the governor's mansion and state senate in Maine, so this proposal is going nowhere there.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:30 AM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Why is it a bad thing for candidates to show financial records that can expose conflict of interest? Forget about trump why is this a bad thing?
Hunting for witches when there is no evidence of sorcery is always a bad thing.
You ask for one record, find nothing, so you ask for another. And another. And another.

No matter who is president there is always conflict of interest.
I doubt if George Washington could be elected nowadays - someone would point to the several thousand acres he owned and accuse him of merely trying to avoid taxes in some way.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Several Blue states are looking at proposing the TRUMP Act which will require presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to get on the presidential ballot in future elections. The proposal is called:

Tax Returns Uniformly Made Public, or, TRUMP Act.

[i]Lawmakers in several deep-blue states want to require presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot in those states, a sharp rebuke of President-elect Donald Trump's ongoing refusal to make his tax records public.

A pair of Maryland Democrats on Tuesday announced they would introduce a bill mandating the release of five years of tax returns, mirroring similar proposals in New York, Massachusetts, California and Maine.

Blue-state lawmakers want to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.08b5cc2a71f5

So they can virtue check each candidate.

I could careless what anyone tax returns say. I look at merit, reputation, character. Not the color of their wallet.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:07 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'm pretty sure the requirements to be President are listed in the Constitution. Releasing tax returns isn't listed. Of course, it comes as no surprise that blue state liberals aren't familiar with that document.
True, but the Constitution does not mention "political parties". The Democratic and Republican party could put in a rule that prevents a person from running as anything but an independent.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:08 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans want to have a dictatorship like Trumps buddy Putin. It's funny how Republicans used to call Russia the "EVIL EMPIRE". Now, Trump isn't having Russia accused of Hacking to protect his buddy from punishment and ignoring the evidence.
The Soviet Union was an "evil empire". Russia is just a country. The 1980's are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections