Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
How can one not vote for someone over their conflicts of interest if they are not showing you what those conflicts of interests are? I don't know about you, but when a politician, and this includes Trump, says "trust me." I tend to do the complete opposite and need to see proof of things like this.
You can ask. If they say "no", don't vote for them.

Quote:
Yes, I did expect Obama to end the Iraq and Afghan wars, both have come to an end for the most part, but I was not happy with the timeline that he went with.
O.K., I see there is NO reason to continue here.

The U.S. dropped more than 25,000 bombs, mostly in Syria and Iraq, last year | McClatchy DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 03:30 PM

979 posts, read 491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can ask. If they say "no", don't vote for them.

O.K., I see there is NO reason to continue here.

The U.S. dropped more than 25,000 bombs, mostly in Syria and Iraq, last year | McClatchy DC
And that is what I did with Trump, I didn't vote for him....that still doesn't change that it is important to see their conflicts of interest first before watching them play out while they are in office like we are about to witness....but I guess that is the difference between us, I would much rather see that information first before they take office.

Again, I never said the US wasn't involved in military involvements in other parts of the world, that doesn't mean we are at war with any country. Last time I checked, there is a group called ISIS that Republicans claim Obama is soft on, but based on your link with how many bombs were dropped on the two countries that ISIS is in, I am not sure I would call that being soft.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:49 PM

30,438 posts, read 19,211,902 times
This is a super silly huge waste of taxpayers money and time....silly Snowflakes, get out your play doh and have a cup of hot cocoa while having a good cry, that's a better use of your time.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:52 PM

30,438 posts, read 19,211,902 times
I wonder if these Silly Snowflake crybabies realize that if it were possible to enact a new bar to prevent the Republican nominee in the blue states, the red states would put up a similar bar to keep Snowflake Dems from being on the ballot....I doubt it.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:52 PM

14,959 posts, read 12,173,633 times
Quote:
Bush argued that he could ignore the due process rights of American citizens.
Documents?

Old 01-06-2017, 05:14 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Aside from a good worn set of work boots, I don't know of anything that has ever scared democrats more than a successful Trump presidency. If he succeeds it means we all succeed, but democrats would rather everyone fail than have him succeed.
I can tell you what "scared democrats more" ...... "What have you got to Lose?
They are absolutely correct to be scared to death that people in the Black Communities might decide to "stop fighting in a burning house" and recognize that 50 years of being USED like Cannon Fodder whenever an Election rolls around ..... is just not working for them. That is really something to be scared "more about".

Interesting Times we live in.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
And that is what I did with Trump, I didn't vote for him....that still doesn't change that it is important to see their conflicts of interest first before watching them play out while they are in office like we are about to witness....but I guess that is the difference between us, I would much rather see that information first before they take office.
I would prefer to see the people elect a decent candidate but I didn't get my way either.

Quote:
Again, I never said the US wasn't involved in military involvements in other parts of the world, that doesn't mean we are at war with any country. Last time I checked, there is a group called ISIS that Republicans claim Obama is soft on, but based on your link with how many bombs were dropped on the two countries that ISIS is in, I am not sure I would call that being soft.
I have no interest in stupid word games. My earlier post should have made that clear.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Documents?
Seriously? You think they sent them to me?

Old 01-06-2017, 06:35 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,404,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't think it's odd at all, I've voted in 5 POTUS elections and never once have I looked at the tax returns of any candidate and I couldn't care less what's in Trump's. He's a private citizen, I wouldn't ask any other private citizen for their tax returns.

Don't you think it's a little odd that democrats are making a huge deal about Russia supposedly "hacking" our election when in reality all anyone did was release emails that contained the truth? Democrats are mad beyond belief because the truth got out and they believe it hurt them during the election. Isn't that just a bit odd?

If you know for sure he's hiding something I suggest you go to the media immediately, otherwise your paranoia is showing.
Well , if you feel like it is a non issue why not call for Trump
to release his tax records so the rest of us can see what is going on?
It should be no big deal since you state you don't care, what is he hiding?
FYI Trump is no longer a private citizen.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:36 PM

979 posts, read 491,591 times
Quote:
I would prefer to see the people elect a decent candidate but I didn't get my way either.

I have no interest in stupid word games. My earlier post should have made that clear.
That wasn't word games, that was stating a point. Dropping bombs on a terrorist group is what is expected. I don't think you will find anyone who is against that.....except for maybe the people in ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections