Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
No, it isn't even close to a poll tax, if it were the same as a poll tax it would be requiring all voters to show their tax information, requirements for candidates when it comes to being on the ballot in each state is normal. Just ask the Green Party how many states they were on the ballot for in this election and the process they had to go through to get onto each one.

Every state has a list of requirements a candidate must meet if they wish to be on a presidential ballot in each state. This would just be another requirement on those lists, which would be perfectly legal.

This isn't about a pity party, this is actually something that should be common practice and up until this election was common practice. It is important to know about a candidate's conflicts of interest before electing them to an office that puts them in direct influence of those conflicts.
They all have conflicts of interest. That is a given. There is nothing in Trump's taxes that would have made a difference. Russia didn't make a difference. Trump's taxes didn't make a difference. The only thing that would have made a difference in not running an absolutely corrupt, incompetent candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 PM

979 posts, read 491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They all have conflicts of interest. That is a given. There is nothing in Trump's taxes that would have made a difference. Russia didn't make a difference. Trump's taxes didn't make a difference. The only thing that would have made a difference in not running an absolutely corrupt, incompetent candidate.
Not like this, and it is important to know what those conflicts of interest are to better make a decision on someone. Of course none of this made a difference to Trump's supporters, they are all drinking his kool-aid and believing everything the con man says to them, it is really sad to see so many Americans getting conned like this, but I am sure they will be learning their lesson in the next four years.

And yes, I agree, Clinton was an awful choice, Sanders would have been a much better candidate and should have been nominated.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:01 PM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Can we at least let the guy get into office and see how he performs?
Like...give him a chance.
You just don't understand.
People who did not vote for Trump are terrified that he may succeed, thereby exposing Obama as an incompetent and his cabinet as sycophantic lackeys. That would be a little awkward for an awful lot of people - especially Blue-Staters who touted him as The One.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:02 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Can we at least let the guy get into office and see how he performs?
Like...give him a chance.
^^^^I agree with this.

However, if you directly address a butt hurt sore loser Hillary voter and ask him/her this question, they throw a hissy fit. They will say something like "He's not my president!" or "I refuse to give him a chance!"

Old 01-06-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Not like this, and it is important to know what those conflicts of interest are to better make a decision on someone.
Don't vote for them.

Quote:
Of course none of this made a difference to Trump's supporters, they are all drinking his kool-aid and believing everything the con man says to them, it is really sad to see so many Americans getting conned like this, but I am sure they will be learning their lesson in the next four years.

And yes, I agree, Clinton was an awful choice, Sanders would have been a much better candidate and should have been nominated.
But wasn't.

Did you believe Obama when he said he would stop the wars?

Did you believe Obama when he said he wouldn't start new wars?

Did you believe Obama when he said he would prosecute the bankers?

Did you believe Obama when he said he would stop the bailing out of Wall Street?

Did you believe Obama when he said he would stop the revolving door of lobbyists?

Was he just a con man? Why should Trump supporters be different than Obama supporters?

Old 01-06-2017, 03:07 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It will be over turned if passed.
Yep. It's just another pointless exercise by Democrats who can't accept that they got spanked badly in 2014 & 2016.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:10 PM

14,959 posts, read 12,170,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Red states and Republicans constantly do illegal, unconstitutional things. Why is it ok when you guys violate the Constitution?

Documented examples, please.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:13 PM

14,959 posts, read 12,170,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^I agree with this.

However, if you directly address a butt hurt sore loser Hillary voter and ask him/her this question, they throw a hissy fit. They will say something like "He's not my president!" or "I refuse to give him a chance!"

Add to that, "and his followers are all mysogynist, sexist, homphobic, uneducated deplorables too."

Old 01-06-2017, 03:15 PM

979 posts, read 491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Don't vote for them.

But wasn't.

Did you believe Obama when he said he would stop the wars?

Did you believe Obama when he said he wouldn't start new wars?

Did you believe Obama when he said he would prosecute the bankers?

Did you believe Obama when he said he would stop the bailing out of Wall Street?

Did you believe Obama when he said he would stop the revolving door of lobbyists?

Was he just a con man? Why should Trump supporters be different than Obama supporters?
How can one not vote for someone over their conflicts of interest if they are not showing you what those conflicts of interests are? I don't know about you, but when a politician, and this includes Trump, says "trust me." I tend to do the complete opposite and need to see proof of things like this.

Yes, I did expect Obama to end the Iraq and Afghan wars, both have come to an end for the most part, but I was not happy with the timeline that he went with.

Technically we haven't started any new wars under Obama because no new wars have been declared. I haven't always approved of his military involvement in things, but there are other times where I can see where it is justified.

I did believe Obama that he wanted to prosecute the bankers, but I didn't expect that to happen since it would have been Congress that would have had to preform that. I like Obama, but he isn't a miracle worker.

The bailing out of Wall Street happened during Bush's term, not sure how much of an effect one senator could have had on that happening. I personally think we should have jailed the bankers and bailed out the American people in 2008. That would have been a better ending to Bush's legacy than just giving more money to Wall Street.

Yes, I do believe Obama would like to stop the revolving door of lobbyist, but that also is something that falls on Congress to do, and I have zero faith in them doing that.

No, Obama wasn't a con man, he achieved a number of things he said he would set out to achieve. He was also a key factor in pulling this country out of a recession, and for that, I think he was a pretty good president overall. Trump on the other hand just sold his supporters a bag of lies and is going to get rich off it in the process.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Documented examples, please.
Bush argued that he could ignore the due process rights of American citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections