Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Excuse me? I work, everyone I know works, I live in the Blue state of Washington, Seattle has an unemployment rate under 4%. The top five states on disability are Red states in the South, specifically West Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi. http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

This has nothing to do with working and everything to do with lack of transparency. When Romney was running, Trump said he absolutely had to release his tax returns. I'm guessing Trump will never release his tax returns and there may be serious reasons why he refuses to. His Putin worship is concerning, his attacking U.S. Intelligence agencies in deference to Putin could be disastrous.
Then don't vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 10:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It's unconstitutional, that's why.
Let's find out. Let's test it. And in the mean time, it forces Republicans to fight for lack of transparency. It forces Republicans to go on record saying they do not want Trump to release his taxes, that even though his behavior with Putin raises more questions every day about who he is beholden to, they don't want their presidential candidate to release his taxes. The entire battle will be enlightening.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You have top Republicans who believe this as well. There will be congressional hearings on this. Trump is way out of his league with this one. He has never been in politics yet he seems to know that our intelligence is wrong....all the while praising Putin. This is a huge red flag to me. What president elect belittles our intelligence and our country in favor of Putin and Assange. And this leads me back to his tax returns. Trump is a billionaire with multiple dealings throughout the world. What is his association with Putin in his business dealings. You may not care but I can assure you I do. And I'm not alone. You call it paranoia, I call it being skeptical
You're not skeptical, you're just bitter that you lost like a lot of democrats are. You've gone down the laundry list of excuses and ideas for how you can keep Trump out of the White House and they've all failed miserably. You're desperate and it shows.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Let's find out. Let's test it. And in the mean time, it forces Republicans to fight for lack of transparency. It forces Republicans to go on record saying they do not want Trump to release his taxes, that even though his behavior with Putin raises more questions every day about who he is beholden to, they don't want their presidential candidate to release his taxes. The entire battle will be enlightening.
To gain what? Nothing. We fought this battle during the elections and Trump won. You aren't going to win it now.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans want to have a dictatorship like Trumps buddy Putin. It's funny how Republicans used to call Russia the "EVIL EMPIRE". Now, Trump isn't having Russia accused of Hacking to protect his buddy from punishment and ignoring the evidence.
rubbish, what we want is the federal government to follow the constitution. you remember that document right? the one that laid out the frame work for our system of government?

Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
While we are at it, we could also pass a law requiring the public disclosure of the candidates emails for the previous 8 years in order to be on the ballot. Or, we could pass a law saying that a spouse of a past President is ineligible to run for the office. There are a lot of things that could be done, but the persons that the law would affect would always be able to bring up the fact that the Constitution does not have those restrictions in it.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To gain what? Nothing. We fought this battle during the elections and Trump won. You aren't going to win it now.
Watching Republicans challenge Blue states by taking it to the Supreme Court will be very instructive. They will be going on record saying they want their candidate to have no transparency, in spite of every candidate providing their tax returns for the past 40 years. There is definitely a benefit in watching that play out.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:21 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're not skeptical, you're just bitter that you lost like a lot of democrats are. You've gone down the laundry list of excuses and ideas for how you can keep Trump out of the White House and they've all failed miserably. You're desperate and it shows.
No, I'm not bitter at all. I didn't even vote for Hillary. So your instincts are off. My post to you was about skepticism. You blindly believe and don't question anything. Sorry, I don't step in line like you do. I question motives.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You have top Republicans who believe this as well. There will be congressional hearings on this. Trump is way out of his league with this one. He has never been in politics yet he seems to know that our intelligence is wrong....all the while praising Putin. This is a huge red flag to me. What president elect belittles our intelligence and our country in favor of Putin and Assange. And this leads me back to his tax returns. Trump is a billionaire with multiple dealings throughout the world. What is his association with Putin in his business dealings. You may not care but I can assure you I do. And I'm not alone. You call it paranoia, I call it being skeptical
please explain how the Russians allowed Trump to win

Old 01-05-2017, 10:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Watching Republicans challenge Blue states by taking it to the Supreme Court will be very instructive. They will be going on record saying they want their candidate to have no transparency, in spite of every candidate providing their tax returns for the past 40 years. There is definitely a benefit in watching that play out.
They already won this argument. Why waste your time just to get some sort of jollies?

Obama constantly fought against transparency. You can only win when you are not a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections