Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 PM

25,593 posts, read 17,323,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Paul Ryan has nothing to do with state bills.
My bad. I was thinking US legislatures from the various states.

As far as I know, states can make up their own rules. Maybe they can even exclude Republicans.
Won't make much difference, and might even help the Republicans.
Lisa Murkowski (R - AK)won after losing the primary and running as a write-in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 09:33 PM

17,442 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Several Blue states are looking at proposing the TRUMP Act which will require presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to get on the presidential ballot in future elections. The proposal is called:

Tax Returns Uniformly Made Public, or, TRUMP Act.

[i]Lawmakers in several deep-blue states want to require presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot in those states, a sharp rebuke of President-elect Donald Trump's ongoing refusal to make his tax records public.

A pair of Maryland Democrats on Tuesday announced they would introduce a bill mandating the release of five years of tax returns, mirroring similar proposals in New York, Massachusetts, California and Maine.

Blue-state lawmakers want to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.08b5cc2a71f5
Pretty fascinating for these Blue State Leftists to admit how much they fear a successful Trump Presidency.
They are already trying to figure out how to defeat him in 4 years and he hasn't even taken the Oath of Office yet.

They are scared to death and still remain in Hysterical Total Meltdown mode .....
President Elect Trump is doing even better than I dared to hope if they are this scared.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:34 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans want to have a dictatorship like Trumps buddy Putin. It's funny how Republicans used to call Russia the "EVIL EMPIRE". Now, Trump isn't having Russia accused of Hacking to protect his buddy from punishment and ignoring the evidence.
LOL! You really need to catch up on your history. Russia was never called the evil empire. That was the Soviet Union which no longer exists. Thank you President Reagan for that!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:36 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Pretty fascinating for these Blue State Leftists to admit how much they fear a successful Trump Presidency.
They are already trying to figure out how to defeat him in 4 years and he hasn't even taken the Oath of Office yet.

They are scared to death and still remain in Hysterical Total Meltdown mode .....
President Elect Trump is doing even better than I dared to hope if they are this scared.
They became so used to having a liberal President with a liberal agenda, writing liberal unconstitutional executive orders that now they don't know what to do with themselves. They thought the liberal utopia bubble they were living in would last forever. NOT!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:46 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't you think it's odd that Trump hasn't released his tax returns which every president as done, with the exception of Ford.
I don't think it's odd at all, I've voted in 5 POTUS elections and never once have I looked at the tax returns of any candidate and I couldn't care less what's in Trump's. He's a private citizen, I wouldn't ask any other private citizen for their tax returns.

Don't you think it's a little odd that democrats are making a huge deal about Russia supposedly "hacking" our election when in reality all anyone did was release emails that contained the truth? Democrats are mad beyond belief because the truth got out and they believe it hurt them during the election. Isn't that just a bit odd?

Quote:
What does he have to hid and yes it is something. Honest question which none of us know the answer. So it is troubling.
If you know for sure he's hiding something I suggest you go to the media immediately, otherwise your paranoia is showing.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Aside from a good worn set of work boots, I don't know of anything that has ever scared democrats more than a successful Trump presidency. If he succeeds it means we all succeed, but democrats would rather everyone fail than have him succeed.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:51 PM

1,184 posts, read 721,333 times
These are the same clowns pushing for the popular vote

Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
State bills have nothing to do with federal Presidential elections.

Seriously, if you left wingers put 5% of the effort you've put into crying about this election into getting up off your worthless asses and working we could erase the national debt in a few months. Trump won, if you continue to be stupid like this he'll win again in 2020.
Excuse me? I work, everyone I know works, I live in the Blue state of Washington, Seattle has an unemployment rate under 4%. The top five states on disability are Red states in the South, specifically West Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi. http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

This has nothing to do with working and everything to do with lack of transparency. When Romney was running, Trump said he absolutely had to release his tax returns. I'm guessing Trump will never release his tax returns and there may be serious reasons why he refuses to. His Putin worship is concerning, his attacking U.S. Intelligence agencies in deference to Putin could be disastrous.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:57 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,092,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Bill Clinton lied under oath, which is perjury. That fact cannot be disputed. The only thing that saved him was his high approval ratings.
The prospect of Al Gore is what saved him.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:00 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't think it's odd at all, I've voted in 5 POTUS elections and never once have I looked at the tax returns of any candidate and I couldn't care less what's in Trump's. He's a private citizen, I wouldn't ask any other private citizen for their tax returns.

Don't you think it's a little odd that democrats are making a huge deal about Russia supposedly "hacking" our election when in reality all anyone did was release emails that contained the truth? Democrats are mad beyond belief because the truth got out and they believe it hurt them during the election. Isn't that just a bit odd?

If you know for sure he's hiding something I suggest you go to the media immediately, otherwise your paranoia is showing.
You have top Republicans who believe this as well. There will be congressional hearings on this. Trump is way out of his league with this one. He has never been in politics yet he seems to know that our intelligence is wrong....all the while praising Putin. This is a huge red flag to me. What president elect belittles our intelligence and our country in favor of Putin and Assange. And this leads me back to his tax returns. Trump is a billionaire with multiple dealings throughout the world. What is his association with Putin in his business dealings. You may not care but I can assure you I do. And I'm not alone. You call it paranoia, I call it being skeptical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections