Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:51 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,670,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No running a candidate guaranteed to alienate half the country gave us Trump. Almost any democrat other than another corrupt Clinton could have beaten Trump.
I agree with it.

If they had taken a unbiased poll of the public they would have realized how much she was disliked and that they need a more electable candidate.

But they got into their euphoria of Madame President that they not only not do it, but also actively undermined the campaign of Bernie Sanders.

Even though his economic policy may not be in my best interest I would have voted for him rather than Johnson. Or even O'Malley. But no, the democrats fixed their system and pushed Hillary down our throats. So now they are angry at everyone for Trump getting elected.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I agree with it.

If they had taken a unbiased poll of the public they would have realized how much she was disliked and that they need a more electable candidate.

But they got into their euphoria of Madame President that they not only not do it, but also actively undermined the campaign of Bernie Sanders.

Even though his economic policy may not be in my best interest I would have voted for him rather than Johnson. Or even O'Malley. But no, the democrats fixed their system and pushed Hillary down our throats. So now they are angry at everyone for Trump getting elected.
and almost any Republican could have beat her. It was just a totally weird year.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,132,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Interesting. Before the election, the Democrats were saying Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate ever!
Stupid, tone-deaf DNC didn't realize that most people don't like HRC. Even Democrats, and certainly not the Bernie ( left ) wing of the party.

We could have had Kasich ( a practical moderate ) or Bernie ( a real man of the people ) but noooooo, we ended up with bad and worse. Ugh.

Do NOT forget to vote in the primaries, people! It matters. This could have all been prevented.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:42 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and almost any Republican could have beat her. It was just a totally weird year.
Maybe. I do admit it would have been interesting to watch Hillary and JEB go after each other.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:43 PM

9,993 posts, read 5,698,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Stupid, tone-deaf DNC didn't realize that most people don't like HRC. Even Democrats, and certainly not the Bernie ( left ) wing of the party.

We could have had Kasich ( a practical moderate ) or Bernie ( a real man of the people ) but noooooo, we ended up with bad and worse. Ugh.

Do NOT forget to vote in the primaries, people! It matters. This could have all been prevented.
Yeah, a real "man of the people" who just bought his third personal residence, a $600,000 lakefront vacation home.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:54 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While i think our current POTUS is an incompetent buffoon he represents the American election system ,a system that even though it didnt go the way i would have wanted should be respected as being the will of the people or the electoral college in this case,may go my way next time.
"Our POTUS" Do you hold dual citizenship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections