Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:10 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,106,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Johnson voters gave us tRump. Gee thanks.
I don't care. Hilary would have been just as worse.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:07 PM

9,993 posts, read 5,698,174 times
Quote:
Stein voters too. But here's a suggestion: nominate a candidate who doesn't suck and you won't have to worry about a couple percentage points siphoned off by third-party candidates.

This election was a contest to see which party could lose, and it turns out the Democrat Party were the winning losers this time.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:54 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,380,043 times
Thank God for this petition. As you know, petitions work 100% of the time since they are binding documents that have a proven track record of reversing present circumstances.

Seriously, instead of wasting time with whiny petitions, figure out how to mount an effective opposition in the next fair election.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"to theatrical battles over President Trump’s executive orders and cabinet nominees,"

"
theatrical" And what makes you choose this word?
I didn't choose it. It was a quote from the original news article at the link given.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:51 AM

59,173 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I didn't choose it. It was a quote from the original news article at the link given.
You must agree with it, otherwise you wouldn't gave posted it.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:15 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm not a trump fan (I voted for Johnson) but this petition business is a non-starter. Just the left showing what they actually think of democracy. They're only for it when they're in power.
The Johnson voters I know, myself included, were not debating between Johnson and Hillary, they voted Johnson because they couldn't bring themselves to vote for Trump but they weren't about to vote for Hillary either. Ultimately, Hillary Clinton was such an awful choice that the Democrats gave us Trump.

I imagine there have been other nut cases through the years that tried to sue a president out of office but the public didn't have instant information at our fingertips and the press didn't bother giving it a platform. Our current press has lost its marbles and has become so biased it is becoming irrelevant.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:20 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,063,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Thank God for this petition. As you know, petitions work 100% of the time since they are binding documents that have a proven track record of reversing present circumstances.

Seriously, instead of wasting time with whiny petitions, figure out how to mount an effective opposition in the next fair election.
It's obvious the left is very angry with themselves for not having a qualified candidate; and you're correct, they should be using their energy and time to find a candidate for the next POTUS election in 2020.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,106,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The Johnson voters I know, myself included, were not debating between Johnson and Hillary, they voted Johnson because they couldn't bring themselves to vote for Trump but they weren't about to vote for Hillary either. Ultimately, Hillary Clinton was such an awful choice that the Democrats gave us Trump.

I imagine there have been other nut cases through the years that tried to sue a president out of office but the public didn't have instant information at our fingertips and the press didn't bother giving it a platform. Our current press has lost its marbles and has become so biased it is becoming irrelevant.
This was the case for myself as well.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:39 PM

6,252 posts, read 3,421,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
While I don't agree on "incompetent buffoon" having been elected (Hillary Clinton lost), I am glad to see that others that didn't support Trump are starting to realize that he was elected by the system we, the people put in place, and that it is time to move on.

I think those rioting, kicking screaming and now include those with this ridiculous petition are an embarrassment to the country.
Not only an embarrassment to the country but a embarrassment to themselves.
Its things like this petition and the hate that has turned people against the democrats.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:46 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,298,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
While the world is paying attention to theatrical battles over President Trump’s executive orders and cabinet nominees, a largely unnoticed and potentially landmark case sits before the Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States. A petition for a writ of mandamus seeking to nullify the results of the 2016 U.S. Presidential election sits on the SCOTUS docket.

Petition Before SCOTUS Seeks To Nullify Election

The actual petition can be read on-line here:

http://shannonfisher.com/wordpress1/...andamus.pdfThe

Petitioners argue that, in accordance with Article IV Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution, it is the job of the federal government to keep U.S. territory safe from foreign invasion.

The Petitioners claim that the highest courts in Austria and Ukraine nullified elections after "cyber-terrorists" invaded their elections.

They also claim the 1st Circuit Appeals Court made 4 errors denying the Writ of Mandamus. The 4th point states:

Did the Appeals Court Err by Failing to Find that 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies Under the Executive Branch of Government Concluded that Russia Invaded U.S. Cyber Territory in 2016 to Influence Election Outcomes?

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....les/16-907.htm

According to the above link, the Petition has been distributed for conference on March 17, 2017.

Just wondering how this flew under the radar on C-D, since I didn't see any threads about it.

How do you think the Supreme Court will rule?

I suspect they will have a good laugh and then send it to the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections