Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 08:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,609,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
She comes across a man hater. I wonder about her thinking also.
How so? She's been w/her boyfriend for forever. Why don't you go ahead & provide factual evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 08:20 AM

13,562 posts, read 7,520,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Oprah? No chance. Does she have enough money to buy the nomination from the Democratic Party? Maybe. But winning POTUS, no. Oprah is popular among some people, but "popular" doesn't make a good POTUS.

The Democrats need a platform, and not to play "identity" politics.

Can't help but ask, "Would the First Man be Stedman or Gail?"
That's what they said about Trump as well American's would probably elect Kim Kardashian

18,482 posts, read 7,143,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Sure. If she runs on actual issues and not "I'm a black woman, vote for me"
She'd be a shoe in for the nomination....

Dems could bring back the race card and the misogyny card at the same time.

An identity politics lover's wet dream!

20,969 posts, read 9,678,644 times
I wish they would add an amendment to the Constitution that would read something like this:

A person shall not be eligible to be president unless they have served at least two years in the House of Representatives, at least two years in the US Senate, at least one full term as a governor of a US state or territory, or served at least three years as a federal cabinet secretary or ambassador.

Or something like that.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:21 AM

51,715 posts, read 26,006,974 times
Oprah does indeed appear to have all her faculties, always a plus.

Not sure she could raise big corporate donations. Obviously, the Mercers and the Koch brothers wouldn't be setting up PACs for her.

She probably wouldn't be getting much support from the Russians either.

However, she has the potential to unite our country like no one else I can think of.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:22 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,124,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
She comes across a man hater. I wonder about her thinking also.
But I bet she never grabs men by their genitals, because she's rich and famous and she can get away with it.

I have mixed feelings about this. Two years ago I would have said no way would I vote for a celebrity. But in light of the current occupant in the White House I find my thinking has changed. Winfrey would most likely work hard to learn what she needed to learn, and would surround herself with people who were knowledgeable and could teach her and/or help her with what she doesn't know, unlike Trump, who believes he knows everything, but the minute he opens his mouth it's clear he knows nothing.

I could see myself pulling the lever for her.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Oprah? No chance. Does she have enough money to buy the nomination from the Democratic Party? Maybe. But winning POTUS, no. Oprah is popular among some people, but "popular" doesn't make a good POTUS.

The Democrats need a platform, and not to play "identity" politics.

Can't help but ask, "Would the First Man be Stedman or Gail?"
LMAO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 01-08-2018, 08:25 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,816,972 times
Uh no. If she were to get nominated, this woman would not vote for her because she is a woman or because she is Oprah. She would only get my vote if I thought she was the best person for the job.
Reality: Between weight watchers, OWN, her shows on OWN, her food line and all that, I don't see her running.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:26 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,047,144 times
I think foisting dr Phil and dr Oz as well as giving Jenny McCarthy her podium to spew her anti vax bs might hurt her more than she knows.
Dr Phil got in trouble for being inappropriate with a patient when he was still in practice. It'd be hard to be sticking up for women when you gave a pervert a tv show.
Iirc, there was a lot of abuse going on at her African school, too.
Unless she spent the next year being educated and groomed for gvt, she'd be no help.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,876,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But I bet she never grabs men by their genitals, because she's rich and famous and she can get away with it.

I have mixed feelings about this. Two years ago I would have said no way would I vote for a celebrity. But in light of the current occupant in the White House I find my thinking has changed. Winfrey would most likely work hard to learn what she needed to learn, and would surround herself with people who were knowledgeable and could teach her and/or help her with what she doesn't know, unlike Trump, who believes he knows everything, but the minute he opens his mouth it's clear he knows nothing.

I could see myself pulling the lever for her.

I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections