Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 08:49 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
That's true but it'd be hard to explain away certain things that we've been bitching about the other side.

If she was the nominee, I would vote for her. The bright side is that she would attract a competent team unlike Trump. The negative is that she hasn't had to work with teams for so long. She might be in the same quandary as Trump who doesn't understand why he can't do what he wants. I can imagine Oprah saying "what do you mean 'no', I'm Oprah" lol
I think she would be able to attract a competent team. She seems to be a curious person who obviously reads.

At this point, she doesn't owe any political favors and as far as we know, does not owe money to the Russians or the Chinese.

Lot of pluses.

We all knew Trump was not going to be a decent POTUS. It was no secret that he ran one business after another into the ground. He's had to rely on on Russian money launderers, Bank of China, and drug cartels for financing as American banks and financiers have had nothing to do with him for years.

Yet he squeaked out a win against a candidate with years of government experience, who was well known as a policy wonk. He's already campaigning for 2020 and as we can tell on this forum, despite demonstrating that he is simply not up to the job, still has plenty of dedicated supporters who will vote for him again in heartbeat.

Democrats have to come up with a candidate who is more popular, who can pull along down ballot candidates and then hope that person turns out to be a better POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,555,660 times
She is in no way qualified to be POTUS. I'm sick to death of super-rich celebrities, with no experience in governance whatsoever, thinking that they are qualified to be leader of the U.S. They are making a mockery of the government and the nation.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We've tried the Grand Experiment of electing an inexperienced self-prompter and it's going badly. Don't need to do that again. Give me a person with some government experience.
Nothing spells success like the cookie cutters of the past. Is that the idea ?

It has been rejected and for good reason. Joe citizen has gotten the shaft with that model.

2,818 posts, read 1,555,660 times
She is not qualified to be POTUS. It would be as absurd as Trump being POTUS. Being rich and famous does not qualify one to be POTUS. Celebrities need to get a grip on their value, in real terms, and stop making a mockery of this nation.

10,098 posts, read 4,098,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
She is in no way qualified to be POTUS. I'm sick to death of super-rich celebrities, with no experience in governance whatsoever, thinking that they are qualified to be leader of the U.S. They are making a mockery of the government and the nation.
It's absolute madness. And I've also heard that Mark Zuckerberg is getting in on this freak show at this point. Not sure if he's just stumping for liberals or if he literally wants to be president but in this climate I'm leaning towards it wouldn't even surprise me if he thought he should be leader of the Free World.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:55 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,050,732 times
She's far more articulate, respectful, mature, rational, and level headed than Trump. But, I didn't like the idea of an a-hole lout ignorant con man celebrity being President, and I only like the idea of Oprah as President slightly less.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:57 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,738,706 times
Social Engineer in Chief

Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Qualifications for POTUS?

According to the Constitution, all she needs to be is 35 years old, a U.S. citizen, and a resident for 14 years.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree that what with Trump and Reagan, electing billionaire celebrities doesn't really work out all that well for the nation.

Aside from that, do you think she could win?

Do you think she could pull down ballot Democrats along with her?

That's your opinion

Reagan was so popular even Democrats voted for him

Trump is doing well on all the things people care about

Old 01-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
She's far more articulate, respectful, mature, rational, and level headed than Trump. But, I didn't like the idea of an a-hole lout ignorant con man celebrity being President, and I only like the idea of Oprah as President slightly less.
America has a long history of voting for the lesser of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections