Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 08:39 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,042,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Wow. Really? You're going to compare the Wharton School of Business to...this?

https://www.google.com/search?ei=l41....0.WpdVyVdOfJU

15 years to graduate from an HBCU??? LM-O....
She was already working in broadcast, was one credit short so she did the course in 1986 and graduated. It's not like she went to school for 15 years. Geez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 08:40 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,029,238 times
Enough with the entertainment celebrities already. This is making us look ridiculous as a country.

But it would certainly be an improvement over the current state of affairs.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:40 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,974,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Well, thing is, the bar for Presidency has been lowered in the last couple of years.
Oh, don't you know.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 AM

34,327 posts, read 18,700,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Enough with the entertainment celebrities already. This is making us look ridiculous as a country.

But it would certainly be an improvement over the current state of affairs.
How? So we would just be another Social Engineering, High Tax experiment like Europe? Look at the actual metrics of how we measure Presidents, and not the hyperbole of the Left. We are doing quite well now.

14,488 posts, read 6,127,594 times
We don't need her identity politics nonsense

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25504...mpression=true

4,344 posts, read 5,813,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Americans lowered their standards for the first Affirmative Action president. No vetting, no real medical check up, no revealing his tax information, no political or military experience or knowledge, etc. What if a black presidential candidate had said "I only respect soldiers that haven`t been captured"?
How Trump became 'the white affirmative action president' - CNN
And yet, none of the mentioned things are required for presidency.
If they were many of the presidents we have had would have been disqualified for the job.

10,098 posts, read 4,121,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
She was already working in broadcast, was one credit short so she did the course in 1986 and graduated. It's not like she went to school for 15 years. Geez.
I'm not impressed. I'm better educated than her, sorry to say.

She's a celebrity who hosted a trashy reality show for a couple decades, and nothing more.

I'm disgusted with the route this country is on...

Old 01-08-2018, 08:43 AM

33,358 posts, read 12,671,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
False topic concocted by right wing whack jobs. Nobody wants Oprah to run --- give it up wing nuts. I suspect there might be a few folks elevated among the Dems during the Trump impeachment but whether they have presidential interests we will have to wait and see. Romney seems to be sniffing around political circles again...would take Pence down pretty quick on the GOP side.

Hmm. So I guess whoever has control of the NBC twitter account, 6 + months later, is a right wing whack job :

NBC sees Oprah as ‘our future president’

Old 01-08-2018, 08:44 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,433,970 times
don't worry the Russian collaborating head of FACE BOOK is running

Old 01-08-2018, 08:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,340,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But I bet she never grabs men by their genitals, because she's rich and famous and she can get away with it.

I have mixed feelings about this. Two years ago I would have said no way would I vote for a celebrity. But in light of the current occupant in the White House I find my thinking has changed. Winfrey would most likely work hard to learn what she needed to learn, and would surround herself with people who were knowledgeable and could teach her and/or help her with what she doesn't know, unlike Trump, who believes he knows everything, but the minute he opens his mouth it's clear he knows nothing.

I could see myself pulling the lever for her.
I feel exactly the same way. If Trump runs again it might take another celebrity with deep pockets to beat him and Oprah would be the perfect anti-Trump because she's clearly every thing he is not plus she's a decade younger. She's also known and highly respected around the world and could mend the fences that Trump is destroying in our international relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections