Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 AM

34,313 posts, read 18,690,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd also bet there is plenty of dirt in her closet that she would not want exposed.
^^^^^This. Even though the media would totally cover up for her, things would come out that she would not like the public to know. She doesn't want to be held to that kind of scrutiny. Plus people know she would try to implement every SOCIAL ENGINEERING policy known to Man in the name of righting past wrongs, and further the self defeating VICTIMHOOD mentality of the Left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 AM

957 posts, read 760,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Oh for the love. No more politically inexperienced celebrities as President. Haven't we learned anything?

At least have them start out as something lower stakes first. Let her run for local office or something.

God, people are stupid. Every day I get more and more convinced that letting the public vote is a mistake LOL.

Okay I'm kidding with tat last sentence. Kinda.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,966,183 times
Last night after being honored with the Cecil B DeMille lifetime achievement award, her partner Stedman Graham, told the LA Times: “It’s up to the people. She would absolutely do it.”

Aside from those calling Democrats desperate crybabies, references to anal sex and so forth, what do those who still have even a tenuous grip on sanity think of Oprah's chances?

Old 01-08-2018, 07:45 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,925,272 times
We've tried the Grand Experiment of electing an inexperienced self-prompter and it's going badly. Don't need to do that again. Give me a person with some government experience.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:46 AM

12,992 posts, read 9,715,637 times
Just keep laughing and having fun with that idea, I did the same when Trump got in the race. Perhaps Trump have started a trend, where only celebrity billionaire will be running for president. After Trump, anything is possible now, and I would never say never.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:48 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,966,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We've tried the Grand Experiment of electing an inexperienced self-prompter and it's going badly. Don't need to do that again. Give me a person with some government experience.
That would be ideal, but which Democrat with government experience could win?

Old 01-08-2018, 07:48 AM

14,488 posts, read 6,126,415 times
Sure. If she runs on actual issues and not "I'm a black woman, vote for me"

Old 01-08-2018, 07:49 AM

834 posts, read 533,472 times
I don't think this country has done anything to prove that it deserves her as President. Beside, holding that office would probably slow down the good she does this world.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,260,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^ BUT I think if Oprah does run, we are looking at our "two for". Black and a WOMAN!!! There is no doubt in my mind that she would win.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:50 AM

957 posts, read 760,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If Oprah was 20 years younger I believe she might run. I doubt she has the desire or willing to put out the effort to take on a difficult and demanding job at this time of her life.

I'd also bet there is plenty of dirt in her closet that she would not want exposed.
There's plenty of dirt in trump's closet, yet cons don't care.
I doubt Oprah would run as she, unlike trump, knows the job of being President entails more than having experience as a entertainer or CEO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections