Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:45 PM

510 posts, read 1,460,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Your questions are not hard ones, but frankly, if by now you haven't the depth to recognize that Obama is by far the superior candidate here, or the ability to recognize his strengths, and put whatever perceived weaknesses he has in the proper perspective, then I would characterize your judgment as seriously flawed. If you are unable to see Hillary for what she represents, I would consider your judgment and analysis of the candidates here quite sad.

He addressed the pastor issue. It was an issue that really is a non-issue and was so effectively dealt with today by this great man. It has always been a ridiculous notion and the latest desperate effort by the Clinton campaign in the 11th hour to deceptively imply that Obama is dishonest and a racist while highlighting the racial issue for people. You see, the Clinton campaign had to find a way to place some kind of negative spin on Obama being considered black, in an effort to turn people like you against him. Racists don't need such a push to do so. But others may be persuaded with a little deception, negative visualization, and a play on some stereotypes, that this interracial man is black and therefore dishonest, racist, inherently angry, quick to scapegoat, and therefore unsuited to be president. The ignorant Clinton, ever rooted in the racist Arkansas tradition, had to find a slick Willy way to bring this out. Her plan did a number on you, this is obvious. Same goes for many others here. It's really quite pathetic.

I think Obama presses on and propelled himself today. Hillary has failed with her racially-prejudiced spin. She is unfit. That is very obvious now. The key is that whether you vote for him or not, it appears like there are enough enlightened people in this country who do recognize the greatness of this man, and he is well on his way to winning the nomination.

But if my questions are not hard ones (see your first sentence) why won't you answer any of them?

And, as I have said on several threads, it is obvious the GOP is behind this. It serves them well to have Obama and Clinton getting each others candidates so angry at each other that come November, many of them will vote McCain out of spite. If the Clintons were REALLY behind this, they would have let it out before Super-Tuesday, when it could have had a huge impact, not at this late date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
But if my questions are not hard ones (see your first sentence) why won't you answer any of them?
Because it's obvious that the only person who can provide answers to your questions, answers that you would both understand and acknowledge, is you.

Your willingness to believe Hillary's 11th hour pastor spin indicates that you are not likely to believe any perspective that doesn't support a racist agenda.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 03-18-2008 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-18-2008, 06:31 PM

[quote=Alexus;3181554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
QUOTE]

Because it's obvious that the only person who can provide answers to your questions, answers that you would both understand and acknowledge, is you.

Your willingness to believe Hillary's 11th hour pastor spin indicates that you are not likely to believe any perspective that doesn't support a racist agenda.

With ALL due respect...and then some...as I have already attested to, my brother is black, I am not a racist...and on and on.

It is obvious that YOU are trying to spin this or you would be throwing out answers left and right.

I cannot believe you are having THIS hard a time coming up with a single answer. Geez. Your silence almost seems to indicate that you, like Rev Wright, may believe that all the ills of the black community can be blamed on whites and the American Government. You aren't going to give even ONE example of something affecting the black community that it takes personal responsibility for? Not even ONE?

You do realize that hundreds of other people are reading this, don't you?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Oh, gosh I bet she forgot to come back and answer this!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:12 AM

4 posts, read 34,462 times
Walk A Mile In A Black Person's Shoes. Better Yet, Try Walking In Their Shoes
The Last Couple Of Centuries. If Your Ancestors Were Whipped Into Slavery
You Would Feel (fill In The Blank). Africans Were Living Quite Well Before They Were Stolen From Their Country To Be Slaves. (i'm White.)
I Would Like The Catholic Pastors To Have Their Political Sermons
Broadcast As Well.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymacg View Post
Walk A Mile In A Black Person's Shoes. Better Yet, Try Walking In Their Shoes
The Last Couple Of Centuries. If Your Ancestors Were Whipped Into Slavery
You Would Feel (fill In The Blank). Africans Were Living Quite Well Before They Were Stolen From Their Country To Be Slaves. (i'm White.)

I Would Like The Catholic Pastors To Have Their Political Sermons
Broadcast As Well.

Good point on the second part.

If you know of any pastors, priests...giving Political speeches endorsing or berating ANY candidates, you should contact the IRS immediately. Speaking about many ISSUES such as abortion, assisted Suicide,...is NOT illegal. Many ARE broadcast, btw.

Pastors... can SAY whatever they like IMO, but they shouldn't have TAX-EXEMPT status while they are doing it!! That's where the problems begin. Plus, it's just stupid to break the IRS rules as more and more people will be taking hidden cameras into churches now due to this scandal. Like I said, they can SAY whatever they like, but if they spread hate, they should be prepared to face the music.

As for the first part, no offense because I'm sure you meant well...but that comment didn't help either side of the discussion. Seriously, you may want to brush up on your history and your time-line. I'm not trying to be mean.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM

375 posts, read 782,274 times
Sunvixen - To answer your original question, yes, but only 80 - 85% to blame at this juncture in history, the rest is a self sustaining circle of self destruction that was put in place during the period of slavery, but which continues to be subtly reinforced by systematic disenfranchisement and social inequities such as our legal system and the pimping of materialism and "thug-life" aspirations by popular black media to black youth. And what you casually refer to as "hatred' is mostly suppressed frustration. Before you denounce Obama as a "liar" (how so?), actually go READ the transcript of his speech, don't lie and say you did, actually go read it. Don't approach it with your preconceived assumptions and the propaganda buzzwords you've collected in your head over the past few days reading forums and blogs. Just say "I'm going to read this with an open mind" and go from there, see if you can do it, apparently it's a challenge for most.

Transcript: Senator Barack Obama's speech - International Herald Tribune

Old 03-19-2008, 01:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
Cool Rev Wright Is WRONG

Apparently since America has an "irrevocable" problem with racism, we need yet another government program to come along and...revoke it.
That brings up my question...just exactly what IS "The Black
Experience"?
I beg to differ with Rev Wrong...I never held a black man down in my LIFE!
Further more, I am sick to death of being the target of group guilt all the time by every whiner that comes along who can't get ahold of their own bootstraps just because my ancestors were hardy, self-sufficient Christians of white western European ancestry!!
The subject of reparations keeps coming back every so often too. It
seems the white man owes the black man something for bringing them to
America as slaves. I am sorry but I never owned a black man and do
not owe them anything.
The thing is, I do not think anything in particular when I see a black
person. I treat them like I do anyone else. If people like the (Rev
Wright did not keep throwing their prejudices at me we could live
together a lot more in harmony.
Who makes a very nice living by racebaiting? White folks? No.
Al Sharpton and Jesse jackson, that's who, and people like Jeremiah Wright. They don't seem to realize they are simply puppets of liberal Democrats who must maintain a victim class or go out of business. There wouldn't be anyone left who needed the entitlements they've got people convinced they're all entitled to.
Oh, I know we had slavery, and prejudice and no matter how many civil
rights laws get passed, you can't legislate love in people's hearts
any more than you can legislate morality in their thinking and behavior.
But why is "the black experience" so much worse than anybody else's
life experience? How long is everyone else going to be blamed for it and expected to make up for it? Get a grip!
We ALL have "experiences" in our lives that stink.
How about we start treating each other as people? Not white, not black, not nothing special, just people? The way Dr King who is constantly quoted SAID we should in the first place.
And God said it before Dr King did...
`And He has made all nations of men of one blood to dwell on all the
face of the earth' (Acts 17:26)
If Hillary Clinton wasn't a white woman, and Obama wasn't a black
man, and John McCain wasn't a war hero, we might actually be able to
get down to brass tacks, start talking about the REAL issues and have
ourselves a horse race here!!
While we were all distracted by Obama's speech today, The Supreme Court was hearing testimony about whether or not the average citizen has the Constitutional right to own a gun!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:18 AM

375 posts, read 782,274 times
Don't worry Sheila, reparations are a pipe dream and no-one believes that you ever held a slave captive in your backyard or anything like that. Just change the station Sheila or don't read this forum anymore, really it doesn't concern or effect you except for the wayward accusation (according to your testimony) once in awhile from a "whining" frustrated black. Leave it to the future generations, the more old people who die, the further we are from the history of slavery and it's long lasting repercussions. Now go to bed, Sheila, go get your beauty sleep.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 AM

555 posts, read 2,212,973 times
Sunvixen
I agree with you 100%. A rep for you. However, it isn't possible to logically have a discussion about obama on this forum. I think people are emotionally so into their candidate that they don't want to see any other point of view. In November, America will speak and someone will be elected our new president. Economically, if our nation falls, we all go down, black, white, asian etc... I am not voting for obama because of his weak stand on the economy and social give away programs. Poor people do not give other people jobs. We live in a greedy society and life isn't fair for many of us. I feel like the questions you ask are completely fair and deserve an answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections