Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 05:21 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,205,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yes. Because Trump and Bush were never falsely accused by the left of anything.

That was all political. Politics is a dirty business. In politics, you use what you’ve got.

His father was from Kenya. His middle name is Husain.

If you were a political consultant, and you DIDN'T use that stuff, you should be sued for malpractice.

It only seems worse to you than the stuff they do to white politicians because you are biased, and you can conveniently slap that “racist” label on it to make it seem worse.
Nice try and nice spin. Never used the word "racist" in my post and the statement is true. Please read again. It is wrong to lie about someone's birthplace and religion, but you clearly only have a problem agreeing with the obvious unless it is done to a politician you support. Pot meet kettle.

I have occasionally criticized tactics and attacks against politicians I do not support (the Kathy Griffin skit on Trump, attacks on Ted Cruz about his wife & having lived in Canada, about Reagan's age, etc).

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-03-2017 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 05:57 PM

18,480 posts, read 15,272,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Nice try and nice spin. Never used the word "racist" in my post and the statement is true. Please read again. It is wrong to lie about someone's birthplace and religion, but you clearly only have a problem agreeing with the obvious unless it is done to a politician you support. Pot meet kettle.

I have occasionally criticized tactics and attacks against politicians I do not support (the Kathy Griffin skit on Trump, attacks on Ted Cruz about his wife & having lived in Canada, about Reagan's age, etc).
So I don’t know what your issue is then. It seems you agree with me that this mudslinging happens to every politician no matter what color and gender they are. For what it’s worth, I don’t personally agree with all the Kenya/Muslim tactics either, but I know that is just politics. And I certainly don’t think it is racist, any more than I think the “old white guy” mantra of the left, is racist. It’s all just politics.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:11 PM

No issues. Just providing information and a viewpoint. Glad you are not OK with it either. Was not clear from prior posts. Fwiw, Obama did not engage in attacks almost every day when he was President, like Trump does almost every day on Twitter. Very insecure. Some Presidents were better at making the effort to be Presidential.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:38 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,646,512 times
Obama is not a narcissist like Trump. If the orange guy doesn’t say something about himself everyday, I think he would go absolutely insane! Too late maybe?

Old 12-04-2017, 06:35 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,533,893 times
I began drinking bourbon straight from the bottle at 1:40 am, when it was official that he had won. Trump and his ilk are a cancer destroying this country. Counting the days until retirement so I can finally be an ex pat.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:45 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,272,470 times
Quote:
No issues. Just providing information and a viewpoint. Glad you are not OK with it either. Was not clear from prior posts. Fwiw, Obama did not engage in attacks almost every day when he was President, like Trump does almost every day on Twitter. Very insecure. Some Presidents were better at making the effort to be Presidential.
It was only not clear because I live in reality, so my acceptance of it could be construed as something more, I guess. In my perfect world in my mind, where I am god, it would not happen on either side.

Now you are getting into a different topic about Trump. One I don’t disagree with, but it just doesn’t have the same impact on me that it seems to have on people on the left.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:39 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
And Obama destroyed the Democrat party with his "effort" as President. He was afraid to stand for anything.

This speaks for itself.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
I could not stop flipping back and forth from CNN, to MSNBC, while watching the Young Turks and INFOwars split screen on the puter.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,141 times
^^^^^I agree with this 100%, and the assertion that Trump is insecure is hilarious not to mention downright moronic since NO Republican President of recent vintage has attacked the media as much as he has and exposed their penchant for out & out lying in attempting to smear our President. His use of Twitter in savagely attacking them just as they've been savagely attacking him even before he became President

They haven't gotten over the fact that he tore into them in his Charlottesville speech in which he blamed BOTH sides for the chaos in the streets since they're not used to anyone challenging them.

Brian Ross has now become the latest incompetent tool of the MSM by now having to admit that he lied with his 'breaking news' story on GMA on Friday regarding Michael Flynn which he had to 'clarify' several hours later on ABC's World News Tonight.

Ross has a history of sloppy and downright agenda-driven as opposed to fact-driven reporting, including his atrocious reporting about the Colorado movie theater massacre in 2012 in which he breathlessly accused shooter James Holmes of joining the Tea Party in 2011, yet ANOTHER lie on his part, yet he still has his job.

So much for the impartiality of the mainstream media which they insist is the case; what a laugh.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And Obama destroyed the Democrat party with his "effort" as President. He was afraid to stand for anything.

This speaks for itself.
Obama destroyed the party that still managed to easily win the popular vote over Trump despite Clinton's flawed campaign and despite Comey's 11th hour surprise? Tell Osama bin Laden that Obama never took a stand. Lol.

Fwiw, Clinton should have been in MI, PA & WI in the last days of the campaign instead of AZ. Just a temporary bump in the road. With Flynn's cooperation with the current investigation, Trump will be lucky if he finishes one term.

Meanwhile, Trump and most Republicans in Congress are OK with Alabama sending a pedophile to Congress, while many Democrats have criticized Conyers and Franken for their actions with adult women and several have asked them to resign. The GOP is the party in jeopardy.

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-04-2017 at 11:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections