Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 03:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times

Advertisements

Please tell me what “positive things” Trump has done?

I know the Repubs like Judge Gorsuch, but what else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:06 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
You can start with an avalanche of new job growth and creation which Obama & Co. thought was impossible as evidenced by his party's stubborn insistence that anemic job growth in the 1.5% ballpark was going to be the 'new normal' mantra which Trump's election has demolished thanks to his business-friendly mindset and enactment of business-friendly policies as opposed to Hillary, Obama and their ilk including very accomplished liars such as Susan Rice.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
You can start with an avalanche of new job growth and creation which Obama & Co. thought was impossible as evidenced by his party's stubborn insistence that anemic job growth in the 1.5% ballpark was going to be the 'new normal' mantra which Trump's election has demolished thanks to his business-friendly mindset and enactment of business-friendly policies as opposed to Hillary, Obama and their ilk including very accomplished liars such as Susan Rice.
False, employment was growing more under Obama than under The Cheeto

Old 11-27-2017, 06:43 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
One year ago tonight Trump pulled off the most amazing come from behind win since the New England Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Looking back on the most improbable win in politics ever I am still amazed that Donald Trump is our President.
When you think about the premise that an average citizen albeit a rich one, with no political experience at all but with a genuine concern for America could take on 17 career politicians and beat them to the nomination and then beat out the most experienced, most deserving person since George Washington who for many in the media was just going through the motions of the election before her coronation....

Where were you one year ago and how did you feel?

My wife and I were sitting on the couch flipping the TV between Fox and CNN. The look on the faces at the CNN news room was gloomy to say the least. They were actually a good 20 minutes behind Fox in reporting the latest results that were leaning pro Trump.

How did you feel that night, the next day when it was confirmed that Trump had actually pulled off the upset of a lifetime?

I know I was amazed and the future of America suddenly looked a whole lot brighter. I was a bit concerned about all the changes that Trump had proposed in his campaign but even if it hurt I believed that America needed the upheaval. As we have seen the swamp is so much deeper then even Trump had figured.

SO how did you feel this time last year when it was confirmed that Trump had won?
Disappointed.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:57 PM

20,150 posts, read 9,036,439 times
A feeling of hope enveloped the country when Trump was elected, with a resounding defeat of the Clinton Crime Syndicate .... knowing we had survived 8 years of Obummer, 8 years of being disrespected around the world people can once again be proud to be an American.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
A feeling of hope enveloped the country when Trump was elected, with a resounding defeat of the Clinton Crime Syndicate .... knowing we had survived 8 years of Obummer, 8 years of being disrespected around the world people can once again be proud to be an American.
Just what has Trump done that makes us proud?

Old 11-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
All this post does is speak about how Trump bashes Obama and the Democrats. Obviously, all Trump has accomplished is trying to denigrate people. He’s a loser!

Old 11-27-2017, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 471 times
Before one year i was shocked.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:47 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
skeddy/post#585
It's like I said, you guys and us have different world views ours based in reality, yours in fantasy; therefore we will never get along. Time to partition the country....

Last edited by FirebirdCamaro1220; 11-28-2017 at 04:05 AM..

Old 11-28-2017, 04:01 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's like I said, you guys and us have different world views ours based in reality, yours in fantasy; therefore we will never get along. Time to partition the country....
Unless you all of a sudden became a Trump supporter, the person you were replying to agrees with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections