Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 07:40 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,036,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What do you mean the will of the voters? More people voted for Clinton. And don't spew the EC crap at me; people vote, not prairies or cows
If you can't handle the EC crap, perhaps you're living in the wrong country. Please feel to go back from whence you came.

Quote:
Or, I can stay since I was born and raised in this country, and just try to pretend The Cheeto doesn't exist, since in all reality, the buffoon doesn't affect my day to day life
lolol. Everytime you post about him, you prove you are, indeed, affected by him. Or you lie. Take your choice.

Pretend. Please pretend. Keep repeating, "he doesn't exist," to yourself. We would appreciate it. Please. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 08:51 AM

1,018 posts, read 512,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
If you can't handle the EC crap, perhaps you're living in the wrong country. Please feel to go back from whence you came.

lolol. Everytime you post about him, you prove you are, indeed, affected by him. Or you lie. Take your choice.

Pretend. Please pretend. Keep repeating, "he doesn't exist," to yourself. We would appreciate it. Please. Thank you in advance.

The left was all for the EC when it was thought that Clinton was gonna lose the popular vote but win the EC. Then when the reverse happened, they are crying about it and that it should be abolished. But it is in our constitution and has been for well over 200 years so that way the cities of New York City and Los Angeles don't decide who our president is every single election. They also had no problem with it in 2008 when Clinton got more votes in the primary than Obama but Obama won the primary. The lefties are hypocrites.

But we use nicknames such as Obozo, Obummer, Hussein, Osama, Hitlery, etc. And that bugs the hell out of them.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:59 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
My post wasn't about Obama the imbecile and racist.
Let me guess, you can't refute what I have to say, but you don't like what I have to say. For that you respond in a petulant, fallacious way.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Watched The Purge:Election Night
And had anxiety attack that has waxed and wained in varying degrees daily since.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Watched The Purge:Election Night
And had anxiety attack that has waxed and wained in varying degrees daily since.
If you scream into the night, that helps. So I hear anyway.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:20 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
If you aren't afraid of Trump and the alt right using his ego, you have no grasp of history or reality...

Old 11-26-2017, 10:56 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,189,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
If you aren't afraid of Trump and the alt right using his ego, you have no grasp of history or reality...
Why would I have a anxiety attack? What catastrophe has fallen on us? Economy is great, unemployment historically low, stocks historically high, What reality am I not comprehending?? Some made up scenario from your mind that never will happen?? What history are you talking about? Trump is making history and draining political swamps. Relax and enjoy the holiday season consumer spending is already way up

Old 11-26-2017, 01:10 PM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Conversely, I'm NOT okay with Kansas, Wyoming and Mississippi deciding who our president is!
Those who actually did pass Civics (which is probably no longer taught anywhere) know that Kansas (6 votes), Wyoming (3 votes) and Mississippi (6 votes) are never going to mean more than California (55 votes).

Simple Math (which many also fail) is that 55 is always greater than the sum of 6+3+6.

California (we are the Elite & should be the Deciders) need have no concerns that Kansas/Wyoming/Mississippi will EVER "Trump" them.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:28 PM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Back to the pure feelings that night Trump won. It was amazing to the point that it was unbelievable. I remember taking a huge sigh of relief and then wondering what was next.
I think we were all so done with the ugliness leading up to the election that we just wanted it to be over one way or another.

Crazy stuff.
People might not have been happy about the results but I think we were all glad that it was finally over.
The IMPEACH!! stuff started right after the Election and it's still going strong and growing.
RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA picked up steam and is still growing. Protests started right away and still growing.
Resistance Groups, beatings of Trump supporters, shootings and attacks on Republicans.

It's been over a Year and it's STILL not "over". We have learned a lot in that year. We learned that Leftists will do and say anything to get their way. We learned that they have zero respect for our System of Government/Constitution, and they continue to vilify those who DARED to vote for a Candidate other than their "Chosen One".

I've learned to just ignore them and hope that others can do the same.
They are simply not worth it. We did what your Constitution says - we voted and if the opposition chooses to recognize that vote for 4 years and waste all their time and energy to invalidate an Election that can't be invalidated ....... so be it. They refuse to even acknowledge why they lost, which means they will lose again.
They choose to Wallow in Ugliness - so be it.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:14 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,384,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The IMPEACH!! stuff started right after the Election and it's still going strong and growing.
RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA picked up steam and is still growing. Protests started right away and still growing.
Resistance Groups, beatings of Trump supporters, shootings and attacks on Republicans.

It's been over a Year and it's STILL not "over". We have learned a lot in that year. We learned that Leftists will do and say anything to get their way. We learned that they have zero respect for our System of Government/Constitution, and they continue to vilify those who DARED to vote for a Candidate other than their "Chosen One".

I've learned to just ignore them and hope that others can do the same.
They are simply not worth it. We did what your Constitution says - we voted and if the opposition chooses to recognize that vote for 4 years and waste all their time and energy to invalidate an Election that can't be invalidated ....... so be it. They refuse to even acknowledge why they lost, which means they will lose again.
They choose to Wallow in Ugliness - so be it.

Protests started right away and still growing.

Kindly show a link for the above. I never saw any of this. Must have been on Faux News!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections