Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 03:53 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,980,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Thanks for providing more than enough evidence to support my original post.

So much hatred and resentment here...not even sure where to begin. I guess I’ll start with this belief that Obama’s 2012 campaign ran strictly on race identity politics...where is this coming from exactly? I remember the debates, etc. and don’t recall anything close to what you’re describing.
Why listen to you? You're the enemy and even worse the politicians you back are failures. Not too hard to figure out when you look at policy. It's always about policy and that is why your OP completely ignored policy.

And since when were republicans conservative and cared about fiscal responsibility? THAT is much more absurd than your childish OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 04:24 AM

9,484 posts, read 14,451,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you still upset Hillary called you a deplorable. Yet you have no problem with the insults Trump spews every day.
Upset?

Are you kidding?

It was hilarious!

Hahahahaha!!!

Political theater can be quite entertaining at times.

Good Luck!

Old 11-21-2018, 04:57 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
What I mean by the topic name is that it has now become abundantly clear to me that the Republican party’s central platform and campaign strategy is fear and resentment, and frankly it depresses me.

I’ve voted for republican candidates in the past, and as recently as 5 years ago...however, I’m not sure I ever will again. The fear, hatred and resentment that drives the party’s agenda and energizes it’s base is now in dangerous territory and it’s difficult for me to envision a way out of this hole.

It wasn’t always this way. I remember not too far back when the party had a positive message supported by conservative values and fiscal responsibility. That has been replaced with tribalism, nationalism and protectionism, fear-mongering, building walls, etc. etc. It’s gotten very dark.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone here agrees and also has a problem with the direction the party is heading.
It looks to ME it is YOU who has "lost his way"!

"campaign strategy is fear and resentment," is ALL we have seen from the dems ever since Trump won.

I think you have your parties mixed up!

" building walls", Ah-ha, there it IS. Your TRUE side is revealed.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:06 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The party has been hijacked and now operates as a crime syndicate whose sole purpose is to bilk the American people and further rob the treasury for their corporate puppet masters. The base is comprised of folks that need a scapegoat for their misery and are too ignorant or uneducated to realize that the current GOP and the ilk that led up to and enabled them is what has caused most of their misery. Then there is a portion of the base that just has a sociopathic and sadistic bent. No humanity whatsoever within the current GOP.

Right! And the dem party is as pure as virgin snow.

And some wonder my many people from NY are looked down on!

Old 11-21-2018, 09:29 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,616,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why listen to you? You're the enemy and even worse the politicians you back are failures. Not too hard to figure out when you look at policy. It's always about policy and that is why your OP completely ignored policy.

And since when were republicans conservative and cared about fiscal responsibility? THAT is much more absurd than your childish OP.
There it is. Fellow Americans are "the enemy" because they harbor policy beliefs different than your own. A truly sad, but telling statement.

I feel sorry for you that you have so much hate in your life that this is what you are. Honestly, I really do.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:37 AM

20,028 posts, read 22,986,850 times
Quote:
What I mean by the topic name is that it has now become abundantly clear to me that the Republican party’s central platform and campaign strategy is fear and resentment, and frankly it depresses me.

I’ve voted for republican candidates in the past, and as recently as 5 years ago...however, I’m not sure I ever will again. The fear, hatred and resentment that drives the party’s agenda and energizes it’s base is now in dangerous territory and it’s difficult for me to envision a way out of this hole.

It wasn’t always this way. I remember not too far back when the party had a positive message supported by conservative values and fiscal responsibility. That has been replaced with tribalism, nationalism and protectionism, fear-mongering, building walls, etc. etc. It’s gotten very dark.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone here agrees and also has a problem with the direction the party is heading.
I left after the GOP machine attacked McCain in the primaries way back when, accusing him of fostering an illegitimate black child, when in fact they adopted a girl from Indonesia or something.

Reprehensible, dirty sleaze politics.

I'm happily independent, and I think William F. Buckley would agree.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:58 AM
JRR

8,249 posts, read 5,774,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There it is. Fellow Americans are "the enemy" because they harbor policy beliefs different than your own. A truly sad, but telling statement.

I feel sorry for you that you have so much hate in your life that this is what you are. Honestly, I really do.
Nail hit perfectly on the head!

Old 11-21-2018, 12:23 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:

what the blank are you talking about? Talk about lacking a positive message, tell me what positive message are we getting from the Dems? As for all the things you list is wrong with the Republicans, building the wall is not one of them. I do not think building the wall will work, simple due to the problems landscape
problems in Texas but I do approve in anything that can keep illegals out and this is not a hateful response.

Could you tell us, what was Hillary's positive message? I don't remember one.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:01 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,424,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you still upset Hillary called you a deplorable.
Seemed to me that most adopted the title quite nicely. Lots of Adorable Deplorable T-shirts seemed to have been sold.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:08 PM

2,176 posts, read 3,417,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post

People like "loveshiscountry" are exactly what is wrong with modern day America. If he really "loved his country" he would try to find some common ground with his fellow countrymen that do not necessarily share his political beliefs. I can disagree with someone, vehemently even, but I'm not going to call them my enemy just because they don't think like me, and I will listen to their opinion even if I don't agree with it. This lack of civility and "you're either with us or against us" mentality has to stop, and it needs to start with the guy at the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections