Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 03:14 PM

881 posts, read 614,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Still think he'll win

Ads are out now. Feel he is in position by December to bump his way to number 4 in polls. If he can keep sending his message out there he'll do okay.

Feel there are a lot more Yang supporters out there then what the polls say.

Yang is drawing from the Left the Right the Middle. Wait till February he is going to succeed.
I totally agree with everything you say. I also believe Andrew will be our next President. I will be utterly shocked if he isn't. I didn't donate $700 on minimum-wage earnings with no savings simply to gamble. Pity I can't do more -- though it was never up to me anyway: Andrew's the Zeitgeist incarnate, the flotsam and jetsam of the universe converging on a pivotal moment to produce precisely what is needed, the Man of the Hour who's naturally arisen out of circumstance to change circumstance: DEVS VULT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I support UBI. It's not about automation it's about growth. Doing away with Federal financial assistance distributing it to all tax payers and U.S. citizens feel will bring balance I hope the policy stays in place and cab expand upon it.

Hopefully can lead to doing away with income taxes and personal taxes. Focus on having control over our taxes and consumption taxes only in the future.
Andrew said so on Iowa TV back in the spring; it isn't an official policy proposal since he believes it'll be quite a while before we can literally afford to abolish income taxes but that's what he'd like, too.

Quote:
I like is take on Medicare and solutions to lower cost of healthcare.

Like is stance on the environment, future energy sources, science, eliminating corruption in politics, and so onwards.

Seems like he has a genuine compassionate heart. A strong leader.
He's really something else, a true once-in-a-lifetime candidate. The man is a walking lottery ticket not just for America, but for the world -- you can bet that everyone will be clamoring for UBI once we have it!!

Old 11-07-2019, 03:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessLoser View Post
I totally agree with everything you say. I also believe Andrew will be our next President. I will be utterly shocked if he isn't. I didn't donate $700 on minimum-wage earnings with no savings simply to gamble. Pity I can't do more -- though it was never up to me anyway: Andrew's the Zeitgeist incarnate, the flotsam and jetsam of the universe converging on a pivotal moment to produce precisely what is needed, the Man of the Hour who's naturally arisen out of circumstance to change circumstance: DEVS VULT.
Donating $700 to a politician might not be the best use of your money if you are homeless and make minimum wage.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Donating $700 to a politician might not be the best use of your money if you are homeless and make minimum wage.
Luckily not homeless anymore but that's not saying much, I'd agree.

However, I am literally proud to have donated all I could. I've not felt this same sense of pride and love of country since Army infantry decades ago.

I'm literally pitching in to make the country -- and the world -- better.

I have no more money to give but I do phone-bank, text-bank, and "internet-bank" (like right now) when I can.

I've never done anything political, not even voted, never having felt that any politician -- including Bernie -- would actually affect my life directly and tremendously.

But with Andrew...it's such a perfect meeting of my own destiny and the fate of the world.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:30 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
"How do you do, fellow kids."
oh god, I get attacked on this thread for being too inexperienced/young, you can't have it both ways.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:06 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
There is something I see that seems to be different in most of his speaking engagements; of course I haven't really followed the others, but look at where he is standing, do you see it?
Quote:
What do you mean?

Not only can't I imagine what you might mean, I don't even know if you're referring to the fact that he's in an industrial environment or if, unknowable from this particular video, the fact that he's standing in the loading dock addressing an outdoor crowd on a chilly New Hampshire night...or something else entirely (i.e., I don't even know what the premise of your question could be).
You must be telepathic because you nailed it. He is seldom in a polished setting.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:12 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I've actually thought this way well before Yang came on to the political scene.

As for Ellis' post, it went over India's UBI program, and argued that bitcoin is a decentralizing force in the monetary system and automation being an unstoppable force.

I obviously disagree, so there was not much left to say. India's village economy is radically different from our credit based communities, and whereas a cash infusion can be seen as a stimulus for bartering societies, America's massive consumer economy where markets are all integrated mean consumption benefits one source (large financial institutions).

I've already talked about automation/blockchain so there is no point in repeating myself.
Quote:
As for Ellis' post, it went over India's UBI program, and argued that bitcoin is a decentralizing force in the monetary system and automation being an unstoppable force.
This is what happens when a person won't view the material that's been posted for their review and is exactly how gossip gets started.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
oh god, I get attacked on this thread for being too inexperienced/young, you can't have it both ways.
I don't know about "this thread" but I can see for myself that you refuse evidence while insisting on your own preconceived notions, belying the point of a conversation.

Maybe you're just an "old soul."

Old 11-07-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
You must be telepathic because you nailed it. He is seldom in a polished setting.
Hmm, not sure what you mean by "polished" but he's usually in "comfortable" settings -- though the loading dock was a last-minute thing (they got kicked out of the brewery's more presentable public-facing bistro-like front-end due to overcrowding or something), it did remind me of his early campaign when he couldn't afford any venues fancier than workshop floors and warehouse spaces.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
This is what happens when a person won't view the material that's been posted for their review and is exactly how gossip gets started.
It's an interesting phenomenon; there simply are people in the world who will blab on and on about something at length while totally disregarding evidence and expert opinions, steadfast in their denial of reality even over the simplest matters.

Precluding old-fashioned trolling, there's got to be a neuro-biological basis for this kind of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections