Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2019, 08:50 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times

Advertisements

Older interview of Yang debating UBI at Libertycon as usual Yang crushes it.

https://youtu.be/33lGelesi5M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 09:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
thx, BornintheSprings

Andrew Yang could be the underdog to watch in 2020

"There's something about Yang."

Old 11-28-2019, 11:06 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,408,682 times
Even though I've left the Yang gang (it's clear he is not serious about winning the nomination anyway), I will say this about Yang. He was honest about a very important fact.

Globalism cannot be reversed. Tariffs won't do it. Ethno-nationalism won't do it. That was the promise of Trump that many people were duped by. But that will never happen.

The only choice is to accept the reality of the global economic future and deal with the consequences it presents to society.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:13 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Even though I've left the Yang gang (it's clear he is not serious about winning the nomination anyway), I will say this about Yang. He was honest about a very important fact.

Globalism cannot be reversed. Tariffs won't do it. Ethno-nationalism won't do it. That was the promise of Trump that many people were duped by. But that will never happen.

The only choice is to accept the reality of the global economic future and deal with the consequences it presents to society.
Globalism must be reversed.

If not then we should all give up and go home, I don't care anymore.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Globalism must be reversed.

If not then we should all give up and go home, I don't care anymore.
It cannot be.

China has fully embraced automation and global supply chain.

If we don't do the same they will eat our lunch in efficiency and eventually dominate the world.

They will likely replace the US as the most powerful nation in the next 50 years anyway.

Last edited by atltechdude; 11-28-2019 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-28-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
It cannot be.

China has fully embraced automation and global supply chain.

If we don't do the same they will eat our lunch in efficiency and eventually dominate the world.

They will likely replace the US as the most powerful nation in the next 50 years anyway.
Fine, let them.

I'd rather America be a smaller power anyways with a less efficient economy but more cooperative society.

That would mean our government no longer has a responsibility to uphold the power of the global financial elite, and decentralized democracy can grow.

Sadly people in power (politicians/business leaders) won't give up on the gravy train.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Fine, let them.

I'd rather America be a smaller power anyways with a less efficient economy but more cooperative society.

That would mean our government no longer has a responsibility to uphold the power of the global financial elite, and decentralized democracy can grow.

Sadly people in power (politicians/business leaders) won't give up on the gravy train.
You cannot believe how much money is going to be made replacing people with machines in the next 50 years.

I'm on the forefront of this. I'm quitting my 200k corporate software job soon and becoming an entrepreneur because I can easily make more money than this building virtual businesses.

The dam has broken and a protectionist approach won't protect the low skilled American worker.

Last edited by atltechdude; 11-28-2019 at 11:35 AM..

Old 11-28-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You cannot believe how much money is going to be made replacing people with machines in the next 50 years.

I'm on the forefront of this. I'm quitting my 200k corporate software job soon and becoming an entrepreneur because I can easily make more money than this building virtual businesses.

The dam has broken and a protectionist approach won't protect the low skilled American worker.
Automation will naturally slow from smaller business structures. If start-ups don't have growth potential, they won't receive an influx of capital.

Change our property laws and finance laws so that people can hold less capital and have to pool together resources for larger projects.

This will lead to a smaller less efficient economy but happier people with a better social life. Sure the Chinese will surpass us but who cares? I don't.

And trade will be fine, since we no longer have corporate monopoly our external supply chains would be negotiating with foriegn producers, not investors off-shoring jobs to an office on foriegn soil they bought/rented.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:15 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times
Quote:
Even though I've left the Yang gang (it's clear he is not serious about winning the nomination anyway),
Wow so you really don't like Yang standing up for himself?

Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Wow so you really don't like Yang standing up for himself?
It's a token gesture only a non-serious candidate can afford to make.

A serious candidate has to be heard at nearly every opportunity he is afforded to get his message out broadly enough.

That's one thing Trump knew all too well and executed perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections