Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2020, 01:08 PM

934 posts, read 402,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
You can't even make this up, Look at Yang/Gabbard in this mornings infographic by CNBC:

Pff and Bernie supporters claim that MSM smears him smh, When has Bernie ever been mistaken for Colonel Sanders on an infographic?
Its getting blatant at this point, I bet they chuckle as they're doing it lol.
Poor Geoff

https://twitter.com/geoff_yang/statu...44103174512644

On the other hand, he's got a few thousand new twitter followers. Being Yang is not such a bad thing after all.

Seriously, this is beyond outrageous. I hope Geoff uses this mess he found himself in, completely innocent, for his advantage somehow. Yang will get more followers and more donations - people are rage-donating seeing how blatantly unfair DNC and media are - but in the end, all this blackout going on for months, without an end in sight, is damaging. Are they going to pull this type of crap once Yang becomes the President. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 01:24 PM

838 posts, read 564,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Poor Geoff

https://twitter.com/geoff_yang/statu...44103174512644

On the other hand, he's got a few thousand new twitter followers. Being Yang is not such a bad thing after all.

Seriously, this is beyond outrageous. I hope Geoff uses this mess he found himself in, completely innocent, for his advantage somehow. Yang will get more followers and more donations - people are rage-donating seeing how blatantly unfair DNC and media are - but in the end, all this blackout going on for months, without an end in sight, is damaging. Are they going to pull this type of crap once Yang becomes the President. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they are.
Seriously, Why isn't this type of behavior a punishable offense? At what point does it become election meddling when MSM private organizations blatantly mislead the public? If this was once or twice i could understand but last i check the count is well over 25 times this has happened.

Last edited by Drkness; 01-06-2020 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-06-2020, 02:11 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
My second post wasn't in response to the MSM smearing although that has been a problem for him. I am talking about the dyed in the wool leftists and Sanders supporters who have resorted to lazy smears like Yang is a right wing libertarian or Yang wants to destroy the social safety net. The fact they have had to resort to such tactics means they fear Yang and they also put ideology over people. Most of the poor would prefer cash handouts and minimal or no government bureaucracy. Yet the American left wants to keep and expand the bureaucracy and not do universal cash handouts. I say let the people make there own decisions and not have them be shackled to what the poverty industrial complex wants.
Quote:
they also put ideology over people
I have posted over the past couple of years (i wish i could find those posts) that I have a vision of a society, where as, people will not see a person's, gender, a person's color, a person's economic status; they will see people as human beings, with labels a thing of the past. Then along comes Yang with his vision, as well, and I'm like whoa ... he's much more articulate at it than I am. He had me at, Humanity First.

However, we are not there yet. I do see movement in that direction, which is good, but we have a long way to go.
Quote:
Most of the poor would prefer cash handouts and minimal or no government bureaucracy.
Poor people do not vote. [80 percent of poor people did not vote, npr] The reason they do not vote is, because it does nothing to change their situation. They were poor before an election and they remain poor after the elections ... so what good is it? Most of them will not even hear of Yang, or MSM smear campaign. They live under card board boxes, tents, the back woods of a town. They do not have an Internet, t.v. or any other means of connection to society, so the chances of them realizing they could have a choice is pretty slim. Many of them are not on a government program, because they don't want Big Brother to be able to track their movements.
Quote:
let the people make there own decisions
It's up to others who do know to do something to change (38.1 million people) their lives, but there is fear. People have been preconditioned in the formulation of their views. If poor people checked back into society, they would consume and that is what the elite does not want to happen, because they fear a depletion of the resources, they want to conserve for their children, grand children and great grand children. They see poor people as a threat, not a solution. They also believe that poor people made a choice to be poor and they do not see them as having intelligence to be anything else. So the government believes they need to control the poor person's behavior ...

Then along comes Yang ... but we as a society, who have been taught to fight change, are not there yet.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:46 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This election cycle has been very interesting for me and I have grown a lot politically. I used to consider myself a staunch social democrat and supported groups like the DSA and politicians like AOC. However these groups and politicians have been so incredibly hostile to Yangs vision and agenda it made me question my prior allegiances. Fundamentally the American left is more interested in putting ideology over people and the fact many of there adherents not all but many oppose UBI means that they are out of touch with the realities on the ground. I can't in good conscience support the Republican party for many reasons but I will say that very hostile response the majority of the left has had for Yang has colored my views.
Just be a free agent and support what is important to you or certain individuals you can (at least) semi-trust agrees with your hot button issues. It's OK if it changes over time.

You are right about the left putting ideology over people.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just be a free agent and support what is important to you or certain individuals you can (at least) semi-trust agrees with your hot button issues. It's OK if it changes over time.

You are right about the left putting ideology over people.
It's not just the left that does that --- the first thing I had to realize as a parent was that I was not in control. In recognizing that, I raised three children who learned from their mistakes; they are independent, free thinkers. That does take some getting use to, when their values are not the same as mine, I have to remind myself to be supportive, not opinionated, as it is their life and I am just along for the show. I did give to them their limit. I told them (in their teens) if they did something that put them in jail, not to waste their one phone call on me, but to call a lawyers instead, because I would be of no use to them.

People can not give up that sense of control --- when we can, I think we will have a much healthier society. We seem to be moving in that direction as I see support for Yang --- growing. We need to rewrite the rules of the 21st century ... the old needs to pass away, where as, people are seen as human beings, not that of economic status.

If the government continues to take from one to give to another --- the divide between us, will be forever sewn.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:01 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times
Yang brings his wife out on the view!

https://youtu.be/or-Gz-8APbw

Old 01-10-2020, 10:29 PM

"Nobody knows who Andrew Yang is and surprisingly he's doing really, really well" ...

The Unexpected Rise of Andrew Yang and the Only New Way Forward; Yang Gains Bi-Partisan Support

["The only thing I worry about is someone unknown, that no body has ever heard of comes along." ~ Donald Trump ~]

Old 01-11-2020, 05:44 AM

934 posts, read 402,241 times
Our guy is not on the January debate, thanks to you, corrupt DNC.

But he is everywhere else. And he is brilliant.

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status...31889580974082

Old 01-11-2020, 07:37 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times
Yangs got a great sense of humor!

Old 01-11-2020, 07:45 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
I just heard a Yang ad last night where he is promising every American over 18 is going to be handed $1000 per month.
I could sure use that money. Who couldn't right? My truck is getting old and I need a new one soon and that $1000 will come in real handy.

The Conservative in me is wondering how he plans on paying for all that where a better plan might be to allow everyone to earn their first $12,000 tax free but hey if Yang wants to hand out free money the Progressive in me is not too proud to put my hand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections