Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2020, 08:22 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,301,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Many polls don't target people who are likely to vote for Yang and many are conducted over landlines which skews the results. I will agree that Yang has his work cut out for him but his massive fundraising haul and the offices he is opening in Iowa and New Hampshire means he will be competitive in the race.
Well, it would certainly be a breath of fresh air compared to those stale fots so-called democrats have been putting out lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 08:36 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,853 times
I certainly agree. Also if you like Yang you should consider voting for him in the primaries you can always vote for Trump if he doesn't get the nomination.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:06 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,691,289 times
I am concerned Yang won't win the Primaries with this whole Ohio issue due to the campaign office not attaching a price of paper with the signatures to validate them.

Then this whole DNC not having more poll opitions to qualify for the January debate.

If Sanders, Klobouchar, or Buttigieg don't obtain the Dem nom Yang/Sanders should just team up run independently.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I am concerned Yang won't win the Primaries with this whole Ohio issue due to the campaign office not attaching a price of paper with the signatures to validate them.

Then this whole DNC not having more poll opitions to qualify for the January debate.

If Sanders, Klobouchar, or Buttigieg don't obtain the Dem nom Yang/Sanders should just team up run independently.
If Yang gets good momentum in Iowa and New Hampshire and I believe he will I have been watching his Iowa town halls and can feel the energy then I think Ohio will be a non issue. Yang has over 15 offices in Iowa I think we have the numbers to turn the tide.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:28 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,691,289 times
Quote:
If Yang gets good momentum in Iowa and New Hampshire and I believe he will I have been watching his Iowa town halls and can feel the energy then I think Ohio will be a non issue. Yang has over 15 offices in Iowa I think we have the numbers to turn the tide.
I hope supposedly starting a write in the ballot campaign for Ohio last I read

Old 01-06-2020, 09:58 AM

838 posts, read 564,955 times
You can't even make this up, Look at Yang/Gabbard in this mornings infographic by CNBC:

Pff and Bernie supporters claim that MSM smears him smh, When has Bernie ever been mistaken for Colonel Sanders on an infographic?
Its getting blatant at this point, I bet they chuckle as they're doing it lol.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:32 AM

Jesus Christ...

Old 01-06-2020, 11:53 AM

This election cycle has been very interesting for me and I have grown a lot politically. I used to consider myself a staunch social democrat and supported groups like the DSA and politicians like AOC. However these groups and politicians have been so incredibly hostile to Yangs vision and agenda it made me question my prior allegiances. Fundamentally the American left is more interested in putting ideology over people and the fact many of there adherents not all but many oppose UBI means that they are out of touch with the realities on the ground. I can't in good conscience support the Republican party for many reasons but I will say that very hostile response the majority of the left has had for Yang has colored my views.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
This election cycle has been very interesting for me and I have grown a lot politically. I used to consider myself a staunch social democrat and supported groups like the DSA and politicians like AOC. However these groups and politicians have been so incredibly hostile to Yangs vision and agenda it made me question my prior allegiances. Fundamentally the American left is more interested in putting ideology over people and the fact many of there adherents not all but many oppose UBI means that they are out of touch with the realities on the ground. I can't in good conscience support the Republican party for many reasons but I will say that very hostile response the majority of the left has had for Yang has colored my views.
I don't think CNBC and the MSM are DSA sympathizers.

They don't like Yang because he is anti-establishment.

But others who are can still have problems with Yang's vision for society and his actual economic anaylsis.

I'm not DSA by the way.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:20 PM

My second post wasn't in response to the MSM smearing although that has been a problem for him. I am talking about the dyed in the wool leftists and Sanders supporters who have resorted to lazy smears like Yang is a right wing libertarian or Yang wants to destroy the social safety net. The fact they have had to resort to such tactics means they fear Yang and they also put ideology over people. Most of the poor would prefer cash handouts and minimal or no government bureaucracy. Yet the American left wants to keep and expand the bureaucracy and not do universal cash handouts. I say let the people make there own decisions and not have them be shackled to what the poverty industrial complex wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections