Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 02:33 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I be okay if they had to forgo SSI to obtain the FD. Do feel should be able to receive SSDI, VA assistance, WIC, Food Stamps and other financial assistance by the Government.

I think it will be tweaked once it hits the floor of Congress.

If we kept the income tax floating around for say 10 year's but lowered it down to a flat 10%, then a flat 5% in 5 yrs, and a flat 2.5% in 10 yrs. Raise the FD to $1,250 a month in 5 yrs and $1,500 in 10 yrs. Do away with yearly tax returns. Keep child tax credit keep it at $8,000 for those with a dependent, then $7,000 in 5 yrs, and $6,000 in 10yrs. Raise the business tax to 24% large businesses and 14% for small businesses. Include an additional tax of health tax on businesses of 6%. Implement a VAT tax with max rate of 25%.
Quote:
I be okay if they had to forgo SSI to obtain the FD
There are some people who have worked 30+ years and the most they will get in their retirement will be $800.00 a month, if they have had periods in their life that they were not engaged in the employment market, due to illness or other factors. With the freedom dividend that monthly payment then becomes $1800.00 a month.

VA assistance is always needed, I don't care who you are, your country should take care of you for the rest of your life, for the crap you had to go through. That is non-negotiable.

WIC, Food Stamps with (SS, SSI, FD) $1800.00 a month per individual, those programs are not needed. (medical is an agenda that will be dealt with separately)
Quote:
If we kept the income tax floating
Do away with that, because that, is what has us in this mess to begin with ... with SS no longer deducted, cut the folks that have paid into it already ... a check, for the total amount due them as their pay check was garnished, the government can't just keep that money, that would be robbing its citizens of their gov. retirement pensions.
Quote:
Implement a VAT tax
With the VAT, in and the Income Tax out, with no more wage garnishment, what could possible go wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 03:50 PM

934 posts, read 403,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

But that's okay America ... don't think. Don't take a chance on the smart Asian guy, vote for the same tired old folks you always vote on, cause God knows you do not like change and you wouldn't know freedom if it jumped up and bit you in the buttocks. /endrant
At least you have Andrew. So, there is a chance Americans will come to their senses on time. I was watching 15 minutes of presidential debate here in Croatia / we have elections on Sunday/ and it was 10 minutes more than I could handle without yelling at TV. Elon, I volunteer for the trip to Mars. When is it

Old 12-20-2019, 08:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
I'm watching a youtube video made by npr with yang explaining his freedom dividend 1000 dollar idea. He keeps mentioning tailoring the VAT. Who gets to decide what is and isnt exempt? What happens to the leaches who spend their 1000 on wants instead of needs and then don't have money for food or rent or new school clothes. This is going to be on top of welfare dont be fooled. He says himself he isn't gonna pull the rug out on anyone. Nice idea but doesn't line up with the liberal idea of no self responsibility.
If people waste their money then they go without food or clothes, how would that be different than the current system? I don't think anyone gets to go back and collect more food stamps or tanf cash if they are running short- do they?

But maybe you're on to something, maybe we should monitor everyone's spending, you know like you can't buy a boat or RV even if you can afford it because something awful might happen and you will be a burden to the taxpayer when you're 70

Old 12-20-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If people waste their money then they go without food or clothes, how would that be different than the current system? I don't think anyone gets to go back and collect more food stamps or tanf cash if they are running short- do they?

But maybe you're on to something, maybe we should monitor everyone's spending, you know like you can't buy a boat or RV even if you can afford it because something awful might happen and you will be a burden to the taxpayer when you're 70
Google? And they get a handsome data check, for their efforts. Why can't we get a data check, as it is our data ... ? oh wait ...

Old 12-20-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
But that's okay America ... don't think. Don't take a chance on the smart Asian guy, vote for the same tired old folks you always vote on, cause God knows you do not like change and you wouldn't know freedom if it jumped up and bit you in the buttocks. /endrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
At least you have Andrew. So, there is a chance Americans will come to their senses on time. I was watching 15 minutes of presidential debate here in Croatia / we have elections on Sunday/ and it was 10 minutes more than I could handle without yelling at TV. Elon, I volunteer for the trip to Mars. When is it
I do know that feeling well ...
forgot to add something:

Andrew Yang 6th Democratic Debate Full Highlights | Every Word He Said

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 12-20-2019 at 01:04 PM..

Old 01-04-2020, 01:52 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times
Yang on Iowa Press!

https://youtu.be/JwW8-R9TH5I

Old 01-04-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Yang on Iowa Press!

https://youtu.be/JwW8-R9TH5I
To be fair I listened to one of Biden's speeches he gave in Iowa and I heard,

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, and he said that he built a coalition of 81 countries to help fight ISIS when he was VP, then it was Trump, Trump and 'would you turn that off', ... [idk who was more rude, the one whose phone was going off, or him]

When I listen to Yang, (like in the talk you've linked above) I hear, we need to solve the problems that got Donald Trump elected ... he never does a comparison spiel.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 01-04-2020 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: line spaces

Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
To be fair I listened to one of Biden's speeches he gave in Iowa and I heard,

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, and he said that he built a coalition of 81 countries to help fight ISIS when he was VP, then it was Trump, Trump and 'would you turn that off', ... [idk who was more rude, the one whose phone was going off, or him]

When I listen to Yang, (like in the talk you've linked above) I hear, we need to solve the problems that got Donald Trump elected ... he never does a comparison spiel.
That's why I like Yang he makes you think and he approaches problems in a non traditional manner. Hes not ideological like Bernie which means I think Yang has a chance to implement his ideas.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:55 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,319,337 times
So I watched some videos and did some reading about Andrew Yang. As with all candidates, I agree with a few items in his wind bag of policy rhetoric and disagree with others. And he has some real appreciable experiences on his curriculum.

As for his $1,000 cash a month subsidy to all proposal, I would change that to a basket of dividend-paying stocks, more reflective of real economic value and vital risk than cash which is more an illusion and actually static.

Anyway, he is certainly more articulate than the octogenarian front-runners Biden, Sanders and Warren, as are Klobuchar and Gabbard.

So, then, why are Yang, Kobluchar and Gabbard at the bottom of internal so-called democratic party polls and the other three at the top?

Is this some sort of entertainment tonight joke?

Do they do it on purpose?

Old 01-05-2020, 08:12 AM

Many polls don't target people who are likely to vote for Yang and many are conducted over landlines which skews the results. I will agree that Yang has his work cut out for him but his massive fundraising haul and the offices he is opening in Iowa and New Hampshire means he will be competitive in the race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections