Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 11:06 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
No one is disputing that. Illegal changes to election rules were made before the election:

This is like the head ref in an NFL football match changing the game rules hours before the game, but doesn't have the authority to do so. Game rules have to be changed by NFL constitution procedures.

Assume the game was played anyway, with illegal rules. One team won. One team lost. Is the game legit just because it was played? I think the remedy would be to set the official score to zero to zero. The head ref ruined it for all.
There is a dispute about the legalities here.

Walk-in voters in Pennsylvania are allowed to cure their ballots on the spot, no one disputes that. The question is, in the interest of fairness, shouldn't mail-in voters be offered the same opportunity?

SoS Bookvar may or may not have exceeded her authority by allowing counties to give mail-in voters the same opportunity. I'm sure the PA legislature, and many other legislatures, will be taking up these issues in their next sessions, to make sure that their electoral laws are doing what they want them to do.

Apparently, statewide, there were only a couple thousand mail-in ballots that were affected. So, to paraphrase Judge Brann, should tens of thousands of PA voters be disenfranchised because of the mistaken, but good-faith, actions of a couple thousand voters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 11:11 AM

7,500 posts, read 7,190,021 times
When are they going to start investigating and re-counting the states that Trump supposedly won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump is pushing hard on the legislators to not allow certification. You'd think outright election interference would be illegal, but apparently it's not.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:42 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, that Rudy.
The one who announced he was divorcing his second wife via a press conference before he had informed said wife.

I honestly think some people admire him and Trump because of how badly they’ve treated people.
Perverse, but here we are.
Rudy and Trump? Birds of a feather flock together.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:55 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,465,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
When are they going to start investigating and re-counting the states that Trump supposedly won?
Good and fair question. A comparison of sorts to say. Okay so system in state R was completely devoid of these anomalies. So let's see how askew they are in these disputed states. Dime to dollar says each state did a spectacular job in tabulating /verifying and securing the votes proper.

A judge should hold the states to the litmus test ....although I think it's a red herring scenario and a waste of time. It would place some states that voted Trump to cough up their staff and resources to defend a false allegation. Then maybe these republicans who do so detest paying out money feel the pain of false allegations.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,465,685 times
Hmmmm...seems Philly got a win today! All those votes that we held to the side til pa supreme could make a decision. Finally did. 9 k in votes my now be counted for certification. That brings trump down to 1 court win in pa.

The bizarre (and I do stress bizarre occurance ) is three counties that were clearly trump wins have not certified. Something is brewing there...do they really think stalling is the key to keeping the entire state from certifying ??? Let trump have his little morsel of votes from those counties. PA needs to step it up on getting certified.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:47 PM

8,567 posts, read 10,989,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Hmmmm...seems Philly got a win today! All those votes that we held to the side til pa supreme could make a decision. Finally did. 9 k in votes my now be counted for certification. That brings trump down to 1 court win in pa.

The bizarre (and I do stress bizarre occurance ) is three counties that were clearly trump wins have not certified. Something is brewing there...do they really think stalling is the key to keeping the entire state from certifying ??? Let trump have his little morsel of votes from those counties. PA needs to step it up on getting certified.

If there is a question about any votes, they can't be certified until the problem has been solved.
Obviously the Trump legal team is going to fight certification when votes are being contested.
As I have said many, many times, this will drag on until January 20th.
The EC will not be able to cast their votes because so many votes are being contested in numerous states.

Trump will keep appealing any court decisions, and come January 20th the house will elect Trump, and he is aware of this fact, which is why he did not concede, and why he will tie this issue up in the courts till January 20th.

He knows when it goes to the house, each state get's one vote for president.
Most states are republican controlled, so they would be voting for Trump.

Would be nice if Trump won in court, but he is not counting on it.
He is counting on numerous appeals to court decisions, which could bring it into late January, just in time for the election to be thrown out, and win by the republican states voting for him.

I see this quite clearly, don't understand why no one else does.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:52 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If there is a question about any votes, they can't be certified until the problem has been solved.
Obviously the Trump legal team is going to fight certification when votes are being contested.
The EC will not be able to cast their votes because so many votes are being contested in numerous states.

Trump will keep appealing any court decisions, and come January 20th the house will elect Trump, and he is aware of this fact, which is why he did not concede, and why he will tie this issue up in the courts till January 20th.

He is counting on numerous appeals to court decisions, which could bring it into late January, just in time for the election to be thrown out, and win by the republican states voting for him.

Ah, what adult beverage are you enjoying? Your assertions are mistaken from beginning to end.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:55 PM

8,567 posts, read 10,989,435 times
I asked a question in post #141, and none of you dems bothered to answer it.
All you did was shy away to other subjects.

Go back and read it , and give an honest answer if you can.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:57 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times
Quote:
I asked a question in post #141, and none of you dems bothered to answer it.
All you did was shy away to other subjects.

Go back and read it , and give an honest answer if you can.
It’s a fantasy so I chose to ignore it. No way. No how. Not happening.

The states are certifying. The Electoral College will vote. ****ty cases that keep getting thrown out of court are not going to hold this up.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 11-23-2020 at 07:07 PM..

Old 11-23-2020, 06:58 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,550 times
Quote:

It is all so clear to me now.

I am the gatekeeper, and you are the keeper of the keys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections