Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 06:02 AM

1,287 posts, read 1,106,264 times

Advertisements

Thank you Georgia. The blue wave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 06:08 AM

18,951 posts, read 43,846,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Thank you Georgia. The blue wave.
Don't exaggerate, it's certainly not a wave. Georgia is a very divided state, just like Florida.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:12 AM

17,927 posts, read 13,881,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Ossoff is a Jew. Remember the ads Perdue ran against him where they made his nose look bigger?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish...ened-his-nose/
Those pictures make Ossoff look like he is a candidate to join Machal West.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:12 AM

13,570 posts, read 7,536,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
But Republicans flipped 12 seats in the House, and Trump easily beat Biden at Florida and Ohio.
Biden is trying to avoid picking House members for his cabinet, because they can't afford to lose any more seats.
Only ONE candidate in the 20th Century lost the General Election while winning Florida+Ohio (Nixon).
Comprehensively losing Florida+Ohio is not a long-term strategy, when you are winning other swing states by such slim margins (including Georgia, which Biden only won by 0.2).
Georgia has been a formula for Democrat success by grassroots voter registration drives. Texas will be next to flip to Democrat control. Trump will continue to cry about voter fraud his supporters will melt away. The best thing for Democrats would be if Trump creates his own party splitting the Republican vote.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:17 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,864,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
So...

...it turns out that pro-coup isn't a very good political position for incumbent Senators to take.

Gee, who knew?

PS - Georgia, deciding your Senate elections two days after the newly-elected Senate is sworn in perhaps the dumbest election law on the books today. You should rectify that
After what just happened, I fully expect this to be the last run off that ever takes place in Georgia. I’ll be shocked if their legislature doesn’t roll out legislation to end the run off system in the near future since without it Perdue would be a senator right now.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:18 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,229,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
He doesn’t look healthy either.

Anyone want to bet that Mitch retires before the end of Biden’s term?

I agree and because that Mitch will no longer have enough power to satisfy his ego IMO!

I just hope that when the potential new POTUS tell one's (that voted for him) to eat their poop that they'll ask how much with pleasure.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,229,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
After what just happened, I fully expect this to be the last run off that ever takes place in Georgia. I’ll be shocked if their legislature doesn’t roll out legislation to end the run off system in the near future since without it Perdue would be a senator right now.

Why stop there?
You have Dominion to take care of rigging the votes, they'll be manipulated votes by the people dead, illegal, alive, and duplicated.
I'll vote my conscience as a "I" win or lose.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:24 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,119,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My guess, if Mitch loses his power job, he's going to resign. I can't picture him being a mere Senator again. He'd be bored to death!
It was his own fault that Georgia went to the Dems for the senate. If he hadn't opposed the $2k stimulus checks, the handout acceptors in Georgia would have had no reason to let the Dems take control.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:26 AM

15,368 posts, read 12,706,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Don't exaggerate, it's certainly not a wave. Georgia is a very divided state, just like Florida.
Dems won the Prez, House and Senate..

if thats not a Blue wave.. lol

Old 01-06-2021, 06:26 AM

5,736 posts, read 2,211,018 times
Was there ever any question that democrats would find enough mail in votes to win Georgia with the senate on the line? They had months to flood those ballots out there. Literally every razor thin election has went to Dems this election
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections