Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 07:40 AM

3,563 posts, read 2,910,317 times

Advertisements

Could Trump have wanted the Republicans to lose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 07:40 AM

1,517 posts, read 545,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As a Libertarian that last thing I wanted was Biden/Harris having free reign over the country with the house and senate. I was ok with a muted Biden for 4 years.

Thank a lot Trump for once again snatching defeat from an almost certain victory. Thanks all the nutjob Trump voters who pushed all this Kraken nonsense and pedophile networks ruling the world and deep state and all the crazy talk. You got what you deserved but it effects grounded in reality people like me. The majority of Americans who don't care for Trump but do not want Biden's agenda to go ahead unstopped.

A sad day in America.

The Dems have slim majorities and they are dysfunctional when it comes to governing so I'm not fearful that the democratic "free reign" will have much effect on our country. The Dems have various factions withing the party that are ideologically opposed, the in-fighting between the moderates and the progressives will prevent extreme legislation. Joe Manchin is opposed to court packing, so that's DOA.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:42 AM

16,375 posts, read 10,548,725 times
I have change my mind. I still believe a balance of power is important in this country. But I have seen enough of Mitch McConnel and would like to personally thank President Donald J. Trump for handing over the Senate.

Instead of campaigning with the strong message to GOP voters to vote to ensure there is a check on Democratic policies he spent the month crying for his own self interest and discrediting the Georgia election. This behavior of course led to multiple campaigns by GOP idiots telling GOP voters to stay home as the election can't be trusted. As turnout was lower than anticipated and in races this close this clearly was a factor in the results. If that was not enough the phone call to attempt to overthrow our democracy was the final blow.

Thank you Mr. President. You are an absolute moron. I look forward to you throwing Mike Pence under the bus this afternoon just as you have turned on every former loyal supporter who dares to cross you. That is the behavior of a dictator and you will no longer have power in just 14 more sleeps.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:43 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,156,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Same thing is happening in Ohio right now...it’s gone from bellwether to MAGA in less than eight years. I’m kinda surprised about TN with its influx of new residents...hopefully things will turn around.
It’s honestly a shame what’s happened to the GOP. You look at the UK and their Conservative Party is actually conservative while still believing in science. The GOP has become a power-hungry party of fascists who don’t believe in democracy anymore, only rugged individualism for the public and feeding at the public trough for the corporate elite.
I tend to think Ohio's movement is somewhat temporary, though. The MAGA areas- which are older and heavily white- are the ones dying out, and only the blue counties, particularly Franklin, have seen more growth than the rest of the state combined. The current demographics of the state, which are Trump's base, won't last forever under that scenario. The state should also be ending the severe gerrymandering that prevented it from participating in the 2018 blue wave, so Dems should gain a few seats once that happens. Actual political registration is only about R+2. I think Ohio will return more to its more purplish state for the next election, especially if Trump isn't on the ballot. Trumpers are loyal only to Trump, not to other Republicans.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:43 AM

30,398 posts, read 12,004,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
We get $2000. This is a great day.

You get crumbs. Do the math on the payouts of $1,200, $600 and $2,000 compared to the 4 trillion handed out. Less than 1% of that total. Its crumbs.

And I don't get the $2k I make too much.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:44 AM

18,951 posts, read 43,846,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Dems won the Prez, House and Senate..

if thats not a Blue wave.. lol
All by a thin margin, so to me , no it’s not a “blue wave” and the dems certainly do not have a mandate.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:45 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,590,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
On the contrary, we'll finally get some competent governance in this first world country, the most powerful country on earth before the Trump error happened at least.

GOP can get another bite at the apple when you've taken out the crazy.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:46 AM

30,398 posts, read 12,004,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The Dems have slim majorities and they are dysfunctional when it comes to governing so I'm not fearful that the democratic "free reign" will have much effect on our country. The Dems have various factions withing the party that are ideologically opposed, the in-fighting between the moderates and the progressives will prevent extreme legislation. Joe Manchin is opposed to court packing, so that's DOA.
Watching the past 4 years the dems have been united in congress. Trump had trouble getting things passed with a majority in the senate. Obamacare repeal comes to mind. I do agree Manchin is the wild card.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:48 AM

13,573 posts, read 7,536,205 times
Time to sell my AR-15s for max profits

Old 01-06-2021, 07:51 AM
JRR

8,236 posts, read 5,751,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
The republicans did this to themselves. Getting in bed with Trump and the Q world did them in. Decisions have consequences. The republican party needs to step back and realize what they've done. This is no ones fault but their own.
As someone who voted for Mitt Romney in 2012 and supported John Kasich in 2016, I could not agree more. If Republicans want me back in the fold, they need to get back to something resembling normal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections