Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If 2020 election fraud for the dems is proven, would you still support the democrat party?
I'm a democrat and would not support the dems 3 5.45%
I'm a democrat and would still support the dems 9 16.36%
I'm a non democrat(repub, libertarian, ect) and would not support the dems 37 67.27%
I'm a non democrat and would still support the dems 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 05:07 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlynd View Post
....<snip>

Unfortunately, the left started us on a path that divorced us from reality with the constant attempt to lie and shift reality in order to suit an unceasingly and determinedly anti-Trump/right-wing worldview - I’ve never known such a faction of people to be so willingly hypocritically and partisan as American leftists and Democrats. They know they’re violent liars and tyrants and they do not care.

<snip>...
Agree. This is gaslighting at its finest. The left can be grouped into three sections of gaslighting: those who believe what they're told without question so they can remain in the cool camp; those who know it's not true but it accomplishes their goals; and those who actively & intentionally promote and practice in gaslighting.

I'm not that proud of the right either, and have remained a registered voter without party affiliation my entire voting life. I have voted regardless of party lines in every election from local to state to national.
Over the years, I have watched as the left increasingly outshines the right on despicable behavior in every way. It will be a hard sell for me to ever cast a vote for another Democrat again.

Last edited by bridgerider; 10-03-2021 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 07:57 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:

I haven’t seen a single Biden supporter, Democrat, or leftist offer an explanation for any of this.
You don't read much on this topic.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:33 AM

1,201 posts, read 617,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Which media began to predict a Trump win?
None to my knowledge. They knew of the red mirage and were waiting for the large urban centers to release their results. Milwaukee and Detroit are always strongly lopsided. The absentee votes were even more so.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:54 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Here's the bottom line on this subject. If there was indeed widespread voter fraud, it will never be proven conclusively. There simply is no real way to be absolutely sure that a vote cast is fraudulent without almost literally having the person who perpetrated the crime actually admitting they did it. And casting your vote my mail makes it that much easier to send in fraudulent votes if your desire to do so, and it could be done on a large scale. Couple that with the lack of care the leaders of many states have put into actually tracking and accounting for the large number of mail-in ballots they received in the last election, and you have a chance to commit fraud on a grand scale never before witnessed and get away with it. Did this happen? I honestly do not know. I wish I could say conclusively one way or the other but I cannot. Though there have been many "audits" in different states across our nation which have shown irregularities, nothing has truly been presented to the American people showing conclusively a crime was committed. Truthfully, the most damning evidence that something was afoot in my opinion was the way Democrats handled the calls for recounts and accountability of mail in ballots. Rather than standing proudly and saying "go for it, we won fair and square" like a person who truly feels they won would behave, they've done everything in their power to thwart efforts to ensure we truly had a fair election. How could behavior like that ever evoke trust from the American people?

In the end, no matter what happens or how much evidence is shown to prove things one way or the other, there will be no shortage of people on both sides who do not believe/do believe our recent election was tampered with. That's simply the way it is. For some, you could literally show them an authentic video clip featuring Trump and/or Biden saying they cheated in the last election and people still wouldn't believe it. That's just the world we live in. And even if it was proven without any doubt that Biden was an illegitimate president.......Trump still would not suddenly become the president again. Joe Biden is now the president of the United States folks. Impeachment is the only route there is to remove him at this point, and that would never happen. And frankly, I am in no hurry to see Kamala Harris sitting in the president's chair.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:39 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Left the Democratic Party when Obama was running, never looked back. I registered "no party." Hopefully 2022 will stop the madness

Old 10-03-2021, 11:43 AM

8,409 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
If nothing was found, WHY IS THERE A CRIMINAL REFERRAL TO THE ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL?
There isn't a criminal referral...there's a current SB1427 legislature request from a Republican Arizona state senator for an investigation and the AG's office is conducting an investigation per the request.

The law behind such requests (A.R.S. Sec. 141-194.01) makes no mention of criminality. Under said law, the Arizona Attorney General can only find a county, city, etc. under violation of a law and can only notify the Arizona State Treasurer's office that it must withhold state revenue sharing to the county, city, etc. until the violation is resolved.

You should know this...you're the one who brought up this statute in another thread.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:58 AM

8,409 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
If there was indeed widespread voter fraud, it will never be proven conclusively. There simply is no real way to be absolutely sure that a vote cast is fraudulent without almost literally having the person who perpetrated the crime actually admitting they did it.
Not true. Voter fraud at a small level has been caught, specifically when someone tries to vote twice, or tries to commit larger scale fraud, such as was caught in the 2018 North Carolina Nine Congressional District election.

Quote:
And casting your vote my mail makes it that much easier to send in fraudulent votes if your desire to do so, and it could be done on a large scale. Couple that with the lack of care the leaders of many states have put into actually tracking and accounting for the large number of mail-in ballots they received in the last election, and you have a chance to commit fraud on a grand scale never before witnessed and get away with it.
Several states have used no-excuse absentee (aka mail-in) ballots for several decades with no charges of fraud being even hinted at.

Quote:
Did this happen? I honestly do not know. I wish I could say conclusively one way or the other but I cannot. Though there have been many "audits" in different states across our nation which have shown irregularities, nothing has truly been presented to the American people showing conclusively a crime was committed. Truthfully, the most damning evidence that something was afoot in my opinion was the way Democrats handled the calls for recounts and accountability of mail in ballots.
No, in Michigan, Georgia, and Arizona, it was Republican officials who objected to the clown show audits.

Quote:
Rather than standing proudly and saying "go for it, we won fair and square" like a person who truly feels they won would behave, they've done everything in their power to thwart efforts to ensure we truly had a fair election. How could behavior like that ever evoke trust from the American people?
But isn't that the point of fraudits? To sow dissension and destroy trust in democratic elections?

Quote:
In the end, no matter what happens or how much evidence is shown to prove things one way or the other...
There's been no evidence shown that there was election fraud on a scale to change any election results. There have been only innuendos and affidavits. Nothing that's ever stood up in a court of law.

Quote:
...there will be no shortage of people on both sides who do not believe/do believe our recent election was tampered with. That's simply the way it is.
Yep. People still claim that the Earth is flat, the moon landings were fake, Barack Obama was born in Kenya, what have you. Learn to ignore the tin-foil-hatters, there's really not that many of them.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:21 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
Election fraud is a statistically observable fact. Trump was at a 97% chance to win on election night at 12:00 am November 4th with a majority of the vote counted - this was according to the New York Times. The media began to predict a Trump win, as betting odds began to dramatically shift for Trump. That magically changed, inch by inch, as the tabulation of votes was strung out over the course of - oh - A WHOLE WEEK. Then there are the myriad other inconsistencies, such as states counting more votes than registered voters (Nevada and Pennsylvania), dead people showing up as having voted, improbable down-ballot splits, impossible lopsided Biden dumps at 4:00 am in Milwaukee and Detroit, Republican poll watchers being thrown out of tabulation centers, and the 4 day extension that has never happened in the history of our election - that’s mind-boggling to me that people in America are so lacking in common sense that they can’t see that such a long tabulation period is unacceptable and is NEVER allowed in Democratic societies - it took them 4 DAYS, slower and slower, to count less and less votes, and you simply don’t have Biden decrease on Hillary’s share of the vote among every minority, lose Ohio, Florida, and Iowa, decrease on Hillary’s number of counties won, and still somehow “win the election” as “the President with the highest popular vote total of all time” vs an opponent who “lost” with 75 million votes. Yeah…right. ALL THAT IS EVIDENCE OF FRAUD.

I haven’t seen a single Biden supporter, Democrat, or leftist offer an explanation for any of this. All they’ve said is “no evidence.” Lol, no. I’m sorry, that doesn’t make you guys look credible at all.
This is absolutely not true. The Presidency was acknowledged to be coming down to a handful of states. Trump pulled a very important one (Florida) off the table on election night which gave him a chance- without it he would be done. Arizona had been declared for Biden with Fox News pulling the trigger (a bit early it would end up) which meant Biden flipped at least one (out of a probable three) that would be necessary to better Clinton's 2016 result. What happened next was counting of the legitimately cast absentee ballots. Republicans in Pa, Michigan and Wisconsin had blocked legislation allowing for mailed ballots to be counted ahead of election day at the behest of D Governors who saw this cluster approaching. R legislatures in Az and Fl had specifically allowed their states to count those early and dump them on election night. It was a strategy to make Trumps hand appear much, much stronger. And Trumps campaign took additional measures to vilify absentee voting during a pandemic, to try driving up in person voting as much as possible among their supporters, and having his appointed head to the postal service allow the US Mail to grind to a virtual halt. So on election night- Trump did appear to have a commanding lead in the EC and in swing states- but those states had way too many ballots out. In the end, Wisconsin had its voted counted and in by 2 am the night of the election since its governor found a loophole to begin counting mail ins the day of the election. This was win two for Biden but it was only a 21 EC vote pick up. The remainder of the week Michigan, Pa, Ga and Nevada had to continue counting. Michigan would deliver the next Biden pick up on Thursday as he had a amassed a 150k vote lead. By Friday Biden was leading in the remaining states (except NC which would not release final results until 2 weeks after the election.) When Pennsylvania was confirmed for Biden on Saturday (ie his lead was larger than remaining ballots) it was curtains for the contest. Whoever said Trump had a 97% chance of winning had not looked at the margins from important 2016 states. Biden's 20k Wi win was the same as Trumps 4 years ealier. Biden had a 150k win in Michigan as opposed to Trumps 10k from '16 and an 80k Pa win in comparison to Trump's 40k lead in 2016. So anyone familiar with percentage of the vote remaining and where those votes where centered (ie the big metros in Pa, Michigan, and GA and rural areas/military votes in NC, could have seen where all those states were headed. The only states that pulled any surprises was Az that moved more toward Trump with late votes and Ga that actually flipped by over 10k votes- most thought NC was a likelier flip than Georgia.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:27 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
If nothing was found, WHY IS THERE A CRIMINAL REFERRAL TO THE ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL?
A request for the AG to look at/investigate the claims made by the #fraudit is NOT a "criminal referral", and you know that.

Old 10-04-2021, 10:06 AM

4,620 posts, read 4,887,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Not true. Voter fraud at a small level has been caught, specifically when someone tries to vote twice, or tries to commit larger scale fraud, such as was caught in the 2018 North Carolina Nine Congressional District election.
My favourite voter fraud was the dude who voted for his wife. His wife that he murdered earlier in 2020...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...trump-morphew/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections