Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:33 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,397,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

I don't like her or Obama, but I'd choose her over him. I'm black myself.

Where's your explanation for that?
Why do you prefer her over Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Obama as a VP. I don't think he has enough experience to be President yet.

Look at the mess he has created for himself with his unique foreign policy -- and he's only campaigning now.
Imagine the kind of mess that Hillary would create given that she can't even run a better campaign than Obama.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I believe most Obama supporters would support Clinton if Clinton were the nominee.

The problem is that only some of the Clinton supporters will support Obama if he is the nominee.

In a recent poll, nearly 40% pointed out Obama's "inexperience" as a reason to not vote for him. There is no way to increase experience this close to the General Election.
None of the candidates have experience. This is a non-issue. I would NOT support Hillary. Also a non-issue since Obama has annihilated her. She is now in a free-fall.

Obama is the best candidate to come along in recent memory and will make a fine President.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
None of the candidates have experience. This is a non-issue. I would NOT support Hillary. Also a non-issue since Obama has annihilated her. She is now in a free-fall.

Obama is the best candidate to come along in recent memory and will make a fine President.
Hillary is actually leading in the popular vote but idiots like John Dean are covering it up so that it appears the media's black Messiah is running away with it. Dean is as hot as a high school "ho" for Obama to get the nomination and will stoop to any dirty trick in the book to make Hillary look bad. He has conspired with Valerie Jarrett and others on the Obama campaign staff to use lies and trickery to try and force Hillary to end her campaign.

Barack Obama is the son of an athiest Communist mother who taught her son Marxism. Barack Obama makes a nice speech but it's all phony, pie in the sky lies. He will say anything to get elected. He promises change but he doesn't tell you that he's going to tax you out the pazootie to pay for his government giveaway programs. He has seduced the young gullible college kids and 90% of the blacks in this country with his sing-song preacher style rhetoric. They are like lambs being led to slaughter.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,572,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Hillary is actually leading in the popular vote but idiots like John Dean are covering it up so that it appears the media's black Messiah is running away with it.
How can she be leading fairly when Obama wasnt even on the ballot in Michigan and none of the candidates even campaigned in Florida?

Old 05-27-2008, 05:27 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Why do you prefer her over Obama?
Because I don't like extremists on either side. Right-wing or left-wing. Obama is far left, while Hillary is more moderate.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:38 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,361 times
it is okay for Obama supporters to not vote vote Hillary because they dislike her,
but for someone to not vote for Obama because they dislike him, then that is unacceptable to them.
always the double standard.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,606,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
it is okay for Obama supporters to not vote vote Hillary because they dislike her,
but for someone to not vote for Obama because they dislike him, then that is unacceptable to them.
always the double standard.

There is no double standard. Many of Senator Clinton's supporters have maintained publicly (and she has pushed this agenda) that they would not accept Senator Obama purely based on Race. Senator Obama's supporters have been polled as having a higher acceptance of her as a potential nominee and tendered their support of her candidacy in far greater numbers. Why is that?

Why is her demographic of support far less inclusive? As a Democrat, why has Senator Clinton remained as one of the most divisive, negative persona's among a party known for it's mantra of inclusiveness? Not only is this noted among the media, she is welcomed as an easy target by the GOP, shunned by the entire specter of all ethnicities, and appeals to the most narrow demographic in decades.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:05 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,961,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Dangling participle aside, you're right. Obama does have a lot of characters around him. Bill's a character but, aside from him, Hillary doesn't have a lot of characters.
Awww, c'mon. Carville's a character. And Geraldine Ferraro? Definitely a character!

Seriously, Tuborg--this whole saga needs to be made into a musical comedy. Please consider writing it, you'll make big bucks.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:09 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,606,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Because I don't like extremists on either side. Right-wing or left-wing. Obama is far left, while Hillary is more moderate.
You cite this often, prove it. Senator Clinton is no moderate. She has a liberal voting record, supports alomost identical positions on every level as Senator Obama, and has been cited many time as a hard-core liberal. This is a convenient excuse for you and others to find some measure of separation from Senator Obama. Senator Clinton herself has said many times, PUBLICLY, that she and her opponent differ slightly in minor ways on almost every major issue.

Please, show us the differences that pull the Senator the giant leap from Hard-core liberal to the Center.

Last edited by walidm; 05-27-2008 at 06:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections