Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm fully aware of this -- but what does this have to do with the amount of life experience each candidate brings to the table?
What life experience are you talking about? Flying bombers? or being some trial lawyer? summer work at 7-11?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 01:40 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You cite this often, prove it. Senator Clinton is no moderate. She has a liberal voting record, supports alomost identical positions on every level as Senator Obama, and has been cited many time as a hard-core liberal.
Hillary Clinton on the Issues

Barack Obama on the Issues

Go ahead and read both all the way through. See for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This is a convenient excuse for you and others to find some measure of separation from Senator Obama.
I'm not even going to take that seriously. I bet if you didn't know that I was black, you would've pulled the race card already.

And if they were the same on all issues, you wouldn't see criticisms of each candidates' supporters, would you? Not unless they hate the candidate for non-political reasons.

And I've said before I don't even like Hillary. I'm not even voting for her. I'm doing a write-in this year because the 3 candidates we have in the public eye are all pretty bad. I would just prefer Hillary over Obama if those were the only two choices. Fortunately, we can do write-in votes, so I won't have to pick between the two nominees only.

Go ahead, accuse me of having something personal against Obama. I know it's coming, so just get it over with.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:46 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,963,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Go ahead, accuse me of having something personal against Obama.
Hey, you won't hear any accusations from me. Voting is something you decide with your brain. You clearly use yours. A vote is also a very personal decision, so I don't have a problem if you have something personal against Obama. You've put sincere thought into your decision, that's what counts. IMO.

By the way, who are you writing in?

Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Hey, you won't hear any accusations from me. Voting is something you decide with your brain. You clearly use yours. A vote is also a very personal decision, so I don't have a problem if you have something personal against Obama. You've put sincere thought into your decision, that's what counts. IMO.

By the way, who are you writing in?
Dr. Ron Paul.

I have nothing against Obama. I just don't agree with a lot of the things he says.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
And if they were the same on all issues, you wouldn't see criticisms of each candidates' supporters, would you?
LOL, of course you would. It's human nature.

Quote:
Not unless they hate the candidate for non-political reasons.
...ah, I see you've answered your own question.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Dr. Ron Paul.

I have nothing against Obama. I just don't agree with a lot of the things he says.
Well, then you've done the right thing. All of us should be choosing a candidate for that reason, and for that reason alone: Because we agree with a lot of the things he says.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Well, then you've done the right thing. All of us should be choosing a candidate for that reason, and for that reason alone: Because we agree with a lot of the things he says.
Too bad there are other people who don't think so.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
What life experience are you talking about? Flying bombers? or being some trial lawyer? summer work at 7-11?
Yes. All of that is life experience. The quality and the quantity of Obama's compared to either Hillary's or McCain's falls short.

Aside from Clinton and McCain having more years on earth than Obama, neither of them spent years smoking pot and doing drugs trying to find themselves.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:01 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,406 times
Quote:
Dr. Ron Paul.

How does that differenciate you from Hillary's supporters - you both seen to be living some sort of a fantasy thinking that your candidates are somewhat still viable. The truth is Hillary and Ron Paul lost the nominating contests - if you wanna bragg about their positions and electability, just wait until the next election year.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
How does that differenciate you from Hillary's supporters - you both seen to be living some sort of a fantasy thinking that your candidates are somewhat still viable. The truth is Hillary and Ron Paul lost the nominating contests - if you wanna bragg about their positions and electability, just wait until the next election year.
Please tell me you're not serious.

I laughed through your whole post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections