Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 11:18 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times

Advertisements

I can only state that my personal opinion of Clark has significantly diminished. Until now I viewed him as a reasonable person with a bit of thought and integrity behind his statements.

After this dust up, and reading about the NATO stuff in my subsequent research as to why he would make his statements, I have completely lost my respect for Clark.

I will never view him as credible again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I can only state that my personal opinion of Clark has significantly diminished. Until now I viewed him as a reasonable person with a bit of thought and integrity behind his statements.

After this dust up, and reading about the NATO stuff in my subsequent research as to why he would make his statements, I have completely lost my respect for Clark.

I will never view him as credible again.
He even made it worse by the statement he gave today!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Where did he step out and take the lead, pushing legislature to shape foreign policy on matters of National Security?
I imagine if you make the effort, you will find what you seek.

If you seek the same information on Obama, I'm afraid you will be looking a long, long time.

But, we all know that the Obamaton's don't care about that kind of stuff when it comes to Obama. It's just relevent to his opponent in their kool-aid soaked brains.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Default December 15, 2007 - McCain Endorsed by Over 100 Admirals and Generals

December 15, 2007
McCain Endorsed by Over 100 Admirals and Generals (http://www.johnmccain.com/informing/news/PressReleases/8313996a-5d94-4fd6-8cd4-43a9947afd28.htm - broken link)

John McCain thanked the admirals and generals, stating, "I am deeply honored to have the support of so many distinguished military leaders. I thank them for the trust they have in me, but more importantly, our nation is indebted to their service in defense of our freedom. Our next president will face two wars and an array of national security challenges around the world. My experience, knowledge and background have prepared me to confront these great challenges and lead as commander in chief from day one."

To date has a single General or Admiral stepped forward to allay the concerns of the constituents and let the American public know Senator McCain has led in leadership and foreign policy making decisions that are critical to establishing his statement - "My experience, knowledge and background have prepared me to confront these great challenges", and here's how he's done that. Clearly we have learned that because one is endorsed, does not mean one is capable. In fact this election year has established that a critique is far more telling than an endorsement.

At a time when our Nation faces a change of leadership during not one, but two Wars, shouldn't we understand the type of leadership we can expect, by examples of leadership given?

While we may disagree with General Clark he has raise an interesting question. It is not him we will look to for guidance, Senator McCain would command our full attention as Commander in Chief. So why attend the concerns of the heckler? Even President Clinton will to stop a speech, conference, or interview to address the concerns of a constituent. Instead of this game of ring around the rosy, why can't we be presented, in a clear manner, the examples which push these concerns aside.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
"This nation is at war and we'd better damn well understand that fact," said Admiral Leighton "Snuffy" Smith, USN (Ret.). "John McCain understands it, and he is the only candidate that has not wavered one bit in his position regarding the importance of victory in the war against Islamic extremism or in his commitment to the troops who are doing the fighting. He has consistently demonstrated the kind and style of leadership that we believe is essential in our next Commander in Chief. Our nation faces a growing array of serious foreign policy challenges. John McCain is the ONE candidate who, in our view, truly understands the strategic landscape and is fully prepared to deal decisively and effectively with those who wish to be our friends and, importantly, those who wish us harm."
Obviously, these retired Admirals & Generals think McCain has the leadership, among other qualities, to be CIC.

So did the Wesley of 2004.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obviously, these retired Admirals & Generals think McCain has the leadership, among other qualities, to be CIC.

So did the Wesley of 2004.
Quote:
"This nation is at war and we'd better damn well understand that fact," said Admiral Leighton "Snuffy" Smith, USN (Ret.). "John McCain understands it, and he is the only candidate that has not wavered one bit in his position regarding the importance of victory in the war against Islamic extremism or in his commitment to the troops who are doing the fighting. He has consistently demonstrated the kind and style of leadership that we believe is essential in our next Commander in Chief. Our nation faces a growing array of serious foreign policy challenges. John McCain is the ONE candidate who, in our view, truly understands the strategic landscape and is fully prepared to deal decisively and effectively with those who wish to be our friends and, importantly, those who wish us harm."

Excellent. We'll take those examples now.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Political Pulse | The Associated Press-Yahoo! News Poll on Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-military-voices - broken link)

Nonetheless, dissatisfaction with the course of the war under President Bush and with the treatment of veterans returning home has given Obama, who did not serve in the armed forces, an opening with military voters and veterans, as does his appeal to younger people.

That Obama attracts support from some in the military is evident in dollars and cents: Among people who have donated at least $200 to a presidential campaign this election cycle, Obama has collected more than $327,000 from those identifying themselves as military personnel, while McCain has collected $224,000, according to an analysis of Federal Election Commission data by The Associated Press.

It is in the voices of recent veterans and, to a lesser extent, of those still serving in the military, that the McCain vs. Obama debate comes alive _ although most active-duty personnel are loath to air their views publicly because they are discouraged from mixing in politics.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Obama didn't exactly put clear space between Clark's comments about McCain and his disagreement with those comments:

“I'm happy to have all sorts of conversations about how we deal with Iraq and what happens with Iran, but the fact that somebody on a cable show or on a news show like Gen. Clark said something that was inartful about Sen. McCain, I don’t think is probably the thing that is keeping Ohioans up at night," Obama said at a press conference here.

Obama Dismisses Questions on Clark - From The Road

Hmmm, his comments were "inartful"...what does that word even mean?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:42 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Obama didn't exactly put clear space between Clark's comments about McCain and his disagreement with those comments:

“I'm happy to have all sorts of conversations about how we deal with Iraq and what happens with Iran, but the fact that somebody on a cable show or on a news show like Gen. Clark said something that was inartful about Sen. McCain, I don’t think is probably the thing that is keeping Ohioans up at night," Obama said at a press conference here.

Obama Dismisses Questions on Clark - From The Road

Hmmm, his comments were "inartful"...what does that word even mean?
It is probable made up by Obama and a fraudulisious word.

Maybe Obama learned that word and many more in church...from the very art and colorful rev. or maybe this is the way terrorists like Ayers, are talking....some slang or gang talk.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is probable made up by Obama and a fraudulisious word.

Maybe Obama learned that word and many more in church...from the very art and colorful rev. or maybe this is the way terrorists like Ayers, are talking....some slang or gang talk.
in is the proper prefix for a word beginning in a when you are saying non or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections