Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:37 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,033,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
And speaking of calling candidates derogatory names, here is a gem of a thread you started:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ighlight=obama
I never claimed that I haven't insulted Obama in every way possible. I can't stand the guy. What I want to know is why he gets so much more immunity than McCain when it comes to people denigrating him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Try to read my first post ^^^
Your first post only addressed why you think it's inappropriate to use Obama's middle name. It didn't address why it is appropriate for liberals to use insulting variations of McCain's name.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM

22,925 posts, read 28,302,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I never claimed that I haven't insulted Obama in every way possible. I can't stand the guy. What I want to know is why he gets so much more immunity than McCain when it comes to people denigrating him.
Go turn on Limbaugh or Hannity. It'll make you feel better.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Just like a liberal to make some snide comment and not address the other person's questions or remarks in a debate. Thanks for playing.

8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times
you can call mccain and bush bad things because you can. obama is untouchable. there is no reason to use his middle name, but it is customary for american people to know the middle name. jfk, ghwb, to name a couple. people would call nixon, richard milhouse nixon frequently. but the only reason they use barack's middle name is to cast him in a negative light and it's uncalled for. he casts himself in a negative enough light without it.

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Or maybe O'Reilly it sounds like Fox News is pulling your strings.

1,113 posts, read 1,815,812 times
Quote:
Your first post only addressed why you think it's inappropriate to use Obama's middle name. It didn't address why it is appropriate for liberals to use insulting variations of McCain's name.
Because there is no relation between Obama to Saddam outside of their name, while there are tons of parallels between McCain's and Bush's policies.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:
Okay, answer this for me.

For the last eight years, you guys have called George W. Bush every derogatory, cruel, insulting thing you can think of.

Throughout this year's campaign, you have come up with all sorts of variations on John McCain's name which are designed to cast him in a negative light, i.e. "McSame," "McBush," "McPain," etc.

Yet if we call Barack Hussein Obama by his full LEGAL name that he was given at birth, you get offended, claim it's inappropriate to use his middle name, and call us racists or xenophobes.

Where's the logic?
Well, PIMPY, no one was calling them George WALKER Bush or John SIDNEY McCain because...I can't bear to explain yet again.

You must be just trolling. No one would ask such a stupid question sincerely, at this stage of the game.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:
Just like a liberal to make some snide comment and not address the other person's questions or remarks in a debate. Thanks for playing.
There are many, many, many threads already on this very topic - polls too - go look them up and see if you can figure out an answer from there.

Thanks for trolling.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 PM

OKAY COME ON PEOPLE! ARE YOU GUYS REALLY THIS STUPID, OR ARE YOU JUST ONLY READING THE PARTS OF MY POST THAT YOU WANT TO READ?

So far, a dozen people have come on and commented on why they think it's inappropriate to use Obama's middle name. I GET IT, YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT.

But with that in mind, explain to me why it IS appropriate to call McCain by insulting names. NO ONE HAS BOTHERED TO DO THAT YET.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections