Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,813,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Since they didn't have a pot to pi$$ in, can we assume Jesus was glad Joseph didn't take a bumpy road? Is there that much difference between abortion and the nutcase aborting the FOB in Arkansas today?
Don't know where to go with this one. Sounds a little scary and unbalanced though. Are you a clinic stalker?

Personally my views are with the mainstream on this one. Relative to there should be some limits and certain considerations for different circumstances when it comes to abortion. Certianly a complex issue.

I definitely agree it should not be a defining issue for Presidential politics, and the innocents slaughtered in Iraq is much more of a direct effect the President has with his Policy for example, as are bills that can be passed helping the poor, sick and elderly in our society.

As the polls show, more and more of our population especially in the younger generations are taking this viewpoint. Hallelujiah. Praise Be the lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Uh, not infanticide dear. Or partial-birth abortion. People do not agree with those procedures.

As far as I know, obama is the only senator who has supported infanticide, or the "born-alive" bill.

Nice guy.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,596,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Don't know where to go with this one. Sounds a little scary and unbalanced though. Are you a clinic stalker?
Stalker? I think you have some grandiose illusions. Are you Sybil?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You've been misled about why Obama voted against the Induced Birth Infant Liability Act in Illinois in 2001. He voted against it because its language was unconstitutional.

Please look up this information at its source, the Illinois Senate, and always check whether your sources might be pushing a political agenda.

I am so sure this information takes away from the suffering this little one spent before death.
Good grief, do you hear what you are saying?
Let's kill them all, who gives a damn, as long as it is just a baby
who cares?
VOTE OBAMA
KILL NEWBORNS
NO ROOM FOR THE PUNISHIMENT OF A BABY
sounds good to me

Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 AM

280 posts, read 688,704 times
Quote:
Yes it is heartening. Many religious voters are moving beyond abortion and gays to look at other important issues that Jesus would care about. Poverty, the environment, the deadly effects of War on the innocent.

Definitely a nice trend to see.
This is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read, and there are a lot of them on here. You are obviously not a Christian and have not read the Bible, so please don't speak for those of us who have and DO NOT speak for Jesus. The evils of homosexuality and murder (yes abortion is murder) are taught at length and even an atheist like you should be able to distinguish between right and wrong if you had a conscience.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,095,549 times
Since I do not know the mind of God, I will refrain from saying what Jesus would be for or against. In term of civil politics, because I am prolife (from conception to natural death), I will choose a politician who supports life in all its stages most effectively. In this particular case, since we have a Republcan picked majority court and nothing changed, and since Obama is closer to my views of total dignity for the living, I will vote for him based on this issue. I cannot vote for someone who views the world as a constant battleground.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,772,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
This is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read, and there are a lot of them on here. You are obviously not a Christian and have not read the Bible, so please don't speak for those of us who have and DO NOT speak for Jesus. The evils of homosexuality and murder (yes abortion is murder) are taught at length and even an atheist like you should be able to distinguish between right and wrong if you had a conscience.
What have the republicans done to stop abortion the last 7 years they were in control of the house, senate and the presidency? Adultery, divorce etc is just as bad as homosexuality in the bible, so if you are voting for McCain you are supporting divorce and adultery since he cheated on his disabled wife with cindy.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,896,346 times
blegh, oops, sorry, I threw up a little bit in my mouth just then.

Quote:
I think Jesus understands you need to care for people also after they are you know...born.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Sure, Jesus would want to be known as the "abortion savior".
From what I've read about Jesus he was very practical....he knew things like prostitution and the poor would be around forever no matter how right or wrong it was...they just WERE. It's the same with abortion ....overthrowing Roe will not end abortions....nothing will.....and to think otherwise is the height of stupidity and blind ignorance.

Maybe religious people(many of whom HAD abortions) see this now and realize that one-issue voting begets the likes of bushCo...

Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,095,549 times
If you are true to the faith, you are aware that all humans have joy and burden of free will with God as the judge of all. I can legislate all day log against murder, theft, adultery, etc, but it is not in our power to stop these things in other's souls. Imagine this, if you are faced with the prospect of eternal damnation and you still choose to murder your neighbor, spouse, parent, stranger, what will a law in the state house in Mississippi do to stop you?

Last edited by janeannwho; 08-14-2008 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections