Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who did the best
McCain 79 68.70%
Obama 36 31.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:43 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,379,451 times

Advertisements

Is Obama really more reflective or is he more deceptive? I always get the feeling the guy isn't telling me what he really thinks and all this agonizing over answers is more like a smoke screen rather than being nuanced and weighing all the options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It was McCain's forum, a no brainer. All he had to do was step up and give black and white keyword answers (no pun intended of course.)

Abortion: Nope.

Evil: Defeat.

Osama: Gates of hell.

Obama on the other hand, mostly had a group in front of him that wasn't going to vote for him anyway. So he had to chose his words more carefully, be more articulate, and really layout where he was coming from.

It was a win in the sense that a group of people who favored McCain's stance made up the majority of the audience. If you'd like to call that a "win" then be my guest.
The poor Harvard grad couldn't figure out his audience...

So basically what your saying is Obama tried as hard as he could to not be himself...."himself" would be the most liberal democrat.....don't want to let that cat out of the bag...not just to church folks....to America....No one want's another left or right wing extremist.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Too little is done to stop the unwanted pregnancy. Is it preferable for a baby to be born into a living hell or a lifetime of not being wanted than for a unwanted fetus to be terminated. I can understand that after a certain period, when the fetus is fully formed into a baby that abortion should never be performed. There will always be pro choice and pro life advocates. The final choice should be the woman who has conceived and then only up to a certain point in the pregnancy. Not a quick answer for this really hard question.
Well at that point it's obvious they have already made wonderful decisions for themselves....let's allow them to make another...

Old 08-17-2008, 12:47 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Simply an informal forum gathering, led by a Christian (oh no!) commentator. So that We the People could get a clearer idea on each candidate's issues.
You'll get an even clearer idea in the upcoming face to face REAL debates, Obama will mop the floor with McShame!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
SunshineChick :
Obama failed this test miserably. He had problems answering the questions, had to think of the answers before he said anything and showed us he has very poor decision making skills.
I agree with you Sunshine Chick that Obama thought about his answers, McCain seemed to be reading on auto pilot from an old stump speech.
When you don't want your far left views exposed it would make sense to skirt around the answers..

Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I think poor Obamba was in a dense fog last night, didn't make alot of sense at all, just did what comes naturally to him: glib pandering. He just gave a foolish grin after the statement, as he did the whole night long. Really embarrassing performance.
Notice the subtle answer from Rick Warren:

"I like that"

Basically saying...I wonder where you got that from..

Old 08-17-2008, 12:54 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
You'll get an even clearer idea in the upcoming face to face REAL debates, Obama will mop the floor with McShame!

Oh no! Wiping the floor with an old man!! That probably won't go over well, even with the Obots....

And, I generally remain very clear at all times. Look forward as well to the "real" debates....that is if Obamba shows up...

Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
McCain more than likely won. Barack Obama made a mistake going to such a forum crawling with so many white evangelical Christians. Obama tried to treat them as intelligent adults; aware that the world is full of complexity and nuance. But the people at that forum prefer backwardness, crudeness and unenlightened opinion. Obama never really had a chance.

Kill whitey?

He better be counting on their vote if he want's to get elected..Insulting them does what besides show your ignorance?

Wow it really does seem like the far left is in touch with America....they don't even seem to know who the majority of the population is.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Is Obama really more reflective or is he more deceptive? I always get the feeling the guy isn't telling me what he really thinks and all this agonizing over answers is more like a smoke screen rather than being nuanced and weighing all the options.

he was voted most liberal by democrats.....of course he isn't telling you the whole story....If he was about 15% of the populations would vote for him..

Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post

we will see about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections