Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,696 times

Advertisements

2 months into clintons first term an islamic terrorist drove a truck full of explosives into the garage of the WTC and tried to take the buildings down then. So in the 8 years since all willy got done is a wad on a blue dress and fun with cigars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:19 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
The CIA and FBI were closely monitoring Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda for quite a while before Bush came into office. The Bush Administration had even been warned by the intelligence agencies that Osama posed a dire threat to the US. The bulk of the budget cuts you are referring to in your first paragraph have to do with the draw down of intel resources after the collapse of the Soviet Union. The units tracking Islamic terrorists weren't cut.

The Democrats in Congress did try to pass legislation to help those affected by the mortgage crisis as early as last winter, but until recently Bush did not favor government bail outs and signaled that he would veto the bills.

As far as real messages go, Obama was pretty specific in an editorial he wrote in the Financial Times in August of 2007:

"We need to help struggling borrowers to weather this storm. One way to protect innocent homeowners - at least until this crisis passes - is to establish a fund to help people refinance or sell to avoid foreclosure. We can partially pay for this fund by imposing penalties on lenders that acted irresponsibly or committed fraud.
But we have to do more than just deal with the present crisis. If we do not address the root of these problems, it is just a matter of time before we will be dealing with them again.

"The rules currently governing mortgages were written in the 20th century to make borrowing easier to understand for borrowers. We need to update these rules for the 21st century and enact the regulatory and disclosure laws that the mortgage industry has been lobbying against.

"That is why I have proposed a Home Score system that would create a simplified, standardised metric for home mortgages - rather like the annual percentage rate (APR), the effective interest rate a borrower ends up paying on a loan - allowing prospective homebuyers easily to compare various mortgage products so they can find out whether they can afford to make the payments.

"I have also introduced a bill in the US Senate called the Stop Fraud Act that would treat those who commit mortgage fraud as the criminals they are."

I like that part....We all know that Clinton had a chance to give the commend to kill Osama when they had him in view, but he waited to long!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:20 AM

The protection of the union is provided for in the constitution. They understood that a strong defense was necessary to preserve the republic.

Military Industrial Complex, that is US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Thought you were against big gov't?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 AM

472 posts, read 872,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Okay Clinton cut down on security over all 35%!!!!!!

Clinto paid more attention to sigars than to what was really going on!!!
What kind of 'sigars' were they.... Scubans?

THREAD CLOSED!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,856 times
Quote:
[/color][/b]

I like that part....We all know that Clinton had a chance to give the commend to kill Osama when they had him in view, but he waited to long!
you just don't get it man. 9-11 was on BUSH'S watch.

BUSH had everything he needed to stop the attacks.

Yet, you still blame Clinton. Just ignorant.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:41 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,376,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
The protection of the union is provided for in the constitution. They understood that a strong defense was necessary to preserve the republic.

Military Industrial Complex, that is US
Preserving the republic doesn't appear to be a major concern of the Palin family...

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
2 months into clintons first term an islamic terrorist drove a truck full of explosives into the garage of the WTC and tried to take the buildings down then. So in the 8 years since all willy got done is a wad on a blue dress and fun with cigars
As I recall, the people who actually committed that crime were tracked down and arrested shortly after the event.
I repeat - the people WHO ACTUALLY COMMITTED the crime - caught and imprisoned.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
obama full of it??? where do you get the brass to ask me to vote for a admin that put my kids 9 trillion in the hole and invaded a country that posed no threat to us.
an admin that has already told me social security and medical are toast. so what happens to my mother?
where do you get the brass to do that. its not that americans are not smart enough. its that they are fiercely loyal (reminiscent of berlin 1935)

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
[/color][/b]

I see your sources are Sanrene, SunshineChick and the voices in your head.

You still never answered to the fact that you were wrong about Homeland Security, wrong about Clinton being against Counter terrorism (as stated by Condie herself), wrong about the defense cutting and wrong about Bush cutting 2/3 of the FBI counter terrorism budget.

Stop deflecting and flailing. It's embarrassing.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:41 PM

And for the next 8 years ignored the rising tide of Al queda and the islamic terrorist that would finally succeed in bringing down the WTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
As I recall, the people who actually committed that crime were tracked down and arrested shortly after the event.
I repeat - the people WHO ACTUALLY COMMITTED the crime - caught and imprisoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections