Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,972,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
How about McStain, McPain or McSame?
I like McLame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 07:51 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I like McLame.
Do you guys not complain about larger gov. that Bush made? How is even larger gov. considered a change? Wouldn't change be smaller gov.?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:45 AM

317 posts, read 497,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
It is really upsetting to me to see the Obama supporters continually calling him "McBush" when it is clear that he deserves better and is definitely his own man. I quite frankly was undecided but the more I see of McCain the more I like and the opposite can be said for Obama.
The democrats are doing their best to make it sound like McCain and Bush are attached at the hip. It doesn't matter to them who the republican candidate is. They would have given the nickname "Bush 2" to any of the republican candidates. It doesn't matter to Obama supporters that McCain has "reached across the aisle" and worked alongside democrats on many occasions. Its interesting that Obama supporters get all freaked out when you mention Obama's middle name, but at the same time they call McCain names like McBush, McLame, McSame, etc...
There is no need to alter the name Hussein. That is accurate. But Obama supporters think they are so clever when they alter McCain's last name.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,821,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Didn't John Edwards have the same amount of experience when he first ran too? I'm not 100% sure of that, but it's something I heard. If so, I don't remember experience ever being mentioned when he was running.
Since I never seriously looked at Edwards with his pretty boy looks and expensive haircuts, I don't know what his experience was. I believe he was a Senator but when I learned he made his fortune as an "ambulance chasing" personal injury lawyer, that was enough for me. And by the way, when his infidelity came out, I was not surprised in the least. He just always had that look of "I'm cute and I know it". Like the boys way back in high school!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:59 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,788 times
Quote:
Since I never seriously looked at Edwards with his pretty boy looks and expensive haircuts, I don't know what his experience was. I believe he was a Senator but when I learned he made his fortune as an "ambulance chasing" personal injury lawyer, that was enough for me. And by the way, when his infidelity came out, I was not surprised in the least. He just always had that look of "I'm cute and I know it". Like the boys way back in high school!
Do not forget he flew his jet across the country to get a 400.00 haircut on our money.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,640,562 times
Quote:
Well, besides him being a total waste for his affair, the point I was trying to make was that he was a serious contender for the Presidency, and duing his campaign his lack of experience never came up.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:54 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,294,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
The democrats are doing their best to make it sound like McCain and Bush are attached at the hip. It doesn't matter to them who the republican candidate is. They would have given the nickname "Bush 2" to any of the republican candidates. It doesn't matter to Obama supporters that McCain has "reached across the aisle" and worked alongside democrats on many occasions. Its interesting that Obama supporters get all freaked out when you mention Obama's middle name, but at the same time they call McCain names like McBush, McLame, McSame, etc...
There is no need to alter the name Hussein. That is accurate. But Obama supporters think they are so clever when they alter McCain's last name.
Name 3 significant things that McCain differs with Bush on. If you go back and look at Bush's 2004 presidential campaign, it's the same stuff McCain is spouting.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:59 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,148,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Well, besides him being a total waste for his affair, the point I was trying to make was that he was a serious contender for the Presidency, and duing his campaign his lack of experience never came up.
That's because he was a liberal Democrat. It only matters if you're a conservative Republican.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Name 3 significant things that McCain differs with Bush on. If you go back and look at Bush's 2004 presidential campaign, it's the same stuff McCain is spouting.

And Obamas change is larger Gov.....What do you think about how the government grew while it was under Bush?

The term change is used every election that I have seen.....Given the chance for change after a supposedly wonderful 8 years under Clinton the country went right back to republican president....I guess the change they saw wasn't worth sticking to...

Old 09-06-2008, 05:57 PM

216 posts, read 290,925 times
Most Black Americans tend to vote on the “Real Issues” not gut feelings or race. There maybe a few who will vote for Obama only because he’s Black, but this is also true for many white males voting for McCain and women for Palin. The majority of Blacks have always voted for a Democratic candidate, so the racist argument only reflects the lack of knowledge. We understand our logic in voting for Obama while others can only speculate and debate as to why. I find it comical that so many are trying to rationalize why we vote the way we do and how we will react to the outcome of the election. When you s/b analyzing the problems with your last Republican choice and trying not to repeat it.

Whether Obama can achieve his goals or not, at least, he has clearly outlined his plans for improving the economy, education system, health care, etc. unlike McCain, yet many whites will still vote for him in November (is this racism). Blacks understand the importance of a change needed in the White House because we tend to be the first one affected by a poor economy. There are many whites and other races who also understand. Just last last month, the news stated that women and minority will be the first to feel the affects of the poor economy (explain why this is, could this also be racism).

I’ve always felt that the Republican Party focused on themselves, the wealth, and the racist Whites with money instead what’s best for the whole country. Bush didn’t change my opinion in his eight years in office and he turned out to be exactly what I expected. I still believe that Bush will have a huge influence on the White House if McCain becomes President as well as the oil companies. So if you find reassurance in believing that Blacks are racist by voting Obama, please continue to do so. I will not try to appease those who demonstrated poor judgment by voting Bush into the White House in the first place.

Finally, those who feels that Blacks are being racist by supporting Obama. How are you voting and why? I'm very curious to read your responses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections