Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:07 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,148,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
[SIZE=3]Most Black Americans tend to vote on the “Real Issues” not gut feelings or race. There maybe a few who will vote for Obama only because he’s Black, but this is also true for many whites voting for McCain and women for Palin. The majority of Blacks have always voted for a Democratic candidate, so the racist argument only reflects the lack of knowledge. We understand our logic in voting for Obama while others can only speculate and debate as to why. I find it comical that so many are trying to rationalize why we vote the way we do and how we will react to the outcome of the election. When you s/b analyzing the problems with your last Republican choice and trying not to repeat it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Whether Obama can achieve his goals or not, at least, he has clearly outlined his plans for improving the economy, education system, health care, etc. unlike McCain, yet many whites will still vote for him in November (is this racism). Blacks understand the importance of the needed change in the White House because we tend to be the first one affected by a poor economy. There are many whites and other races who also understand. On the news last month, they stated that women and minority will be the first to feel the affects of the poor economy (explain why this is, could it be racism). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I’ve always felt that the Republican Party focused on themselves, the wealth, and the racist Whites with money instead what’s best for the whole country. Bush didn’t change my opinion in his eight years in office and he turned out to be exactly what I expected. I still believe that Bush will have a huge influence on the White House if McCain becomes President as well as the oil companies. So if you find reassurance in believing that Blacks are racist by voting Obama in large numbers, please continue to do so. I will not try to appease those who demonstrated poor judgment by voting Bush into office. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Those who feels that Blacks are being racist by supporting Obama. How are you voting and why? I'm very curious to read your responses?[/SIZE]

Just so there isn't a misunderstanding, there isn't any Black "WE". There are only individual Black people, some voting on the issues and some voting by gut feeling and some voting by race, just like other people. We don't have any big meetings or give out memo's that would allow any one person to claim they know best what Black people think or want or do. Also- FYI- Black people have only been voting Democrat since FDR. Before that they were solid Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Name 3 significant things that McCain differs with Bush on. If you go back and look at Bush's 2004 presidential campaign, it's the same stuff McCain is spouting.
Can you name one thing Obama differs from this do nothing democratic controlled congress which by the way is the worst in the history of America?

Dont you liberals have anything better then this? Must not!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM

216 posts, read 290,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Just so there isn't a misunderstanding, there isn't any Black "WE". There are only individual Black people, some voting on the issues and some voting by gut feeling and some voting by race, just like other people. We don't have any big meetings or give out memo's that would allow any one person to claim they know best what Black people think or want or do. Also- FYI- Black people have only been voting Democrat since FDR. Before that they were solid Republican.
Sorry, I took for granted that the readers would know that I was only speaking from my personal point of view and experiences. I would never assume that I could speak for all black people because we are just as diverse as another race of people (just my poor choice in wording). Plus, if you noticed, I didn't include the Black Republicans which would indicate that I'm not speaking for all blacks.

Anyway, when I read, I fully understand that the writer is only sharing their point of view and experiences which doesn't reflect their entire race. It would be foolish to think that any one person could speak for whole race. But I will select my choice of wording more carefully in the future so that there is no misunderstanding.

Also, not once did I stated that blacks are holding big meetings, but we do discuss our political views over lunch, dinner, emails, and in our social environments which is true for many races.

Last edited by KatinNJ; 09-06-2008 at 07:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections