Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,943 times

Advertisements

Would you take your kids to Mardi-Gras or a strip joint? Of course not. So don't take them to gay pride events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 01:12 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,748,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Really. So, would you take your family to an event where obscene sex toys are sold on the street, where nudity and lewd acts rule the day? If not, why not?
Throwing the phrase "family friendly" makes it ok to enable Sarah Beehive's belief that you can pray the gay right out of people???

Tea ... my god ... what happened to you?

I went to pride parades when I live in Chicago. I was a single gal and I never saw these sex toys you are referring to, just a bunch of over the top men and women HAVING FUN! Albeit for adults only, but it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Quote:
Really. So, would you take your family to an event where obscene sex toys are sold on the street, where nudity and lewd acts rule the day? If not, why not?
Is that what you think gay people are all about? You've never heard of a gay couple who are committed to each other and have been together for many years, longer than some heterosexual married couples? You should get out more.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,017,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Ever seen teenage heterosexual girls walking around shopping malls in micro mini skirts and tops that barely cover their boobs. Guys walking around with jeans down below their buts showing off their underwear and the cracks of their a**es? Maybe we should prey them away too.
So you're comparing droopy pants and tube tops to oiled-up men wearing thongs and shaking their stuff atop floats on a city street? Often making obscene gestures and simulating sex acts at passersby? Hahahahahahahaha

Old 09-06-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
So you're comparing droopy pants and tube tops to oiled-up men wearing thongs and shaking their stuff atop floats on a city street? Often making obscene gestures and simulating sex acts at passersby? Hahahahahahahaha
I always thought that was hilarious.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:15 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,396,090 times
Quote:
Well, why doesn't "the entire community" put a stop to it? Clean up their act? To be sure, I have gay friends who are utterly embarrassed by the antics of their community and when I've asked them why they don't speak up and put a stop to it, they say they're afraid of being abused and outed by the radicals. That's really sad.

Public acceptance starts with self-reflection and making the appropriate changes. That's just the way it is.
I'm embarassed by fat hetero guys who paint their faces with team colors and take their shirts off at football games for the whole crowd to see. How would you propose that I "clean up the act" of my fellow fat hetero guys????

Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,310 times
I see extremely obese and vomit inducing ugly folks on the streets right outside their churches handing out flyers, how do I propose I clean up that act too. Get them to lose weight?

Old 09-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I'm embarassed by fat hetero guys who paint their faces with team colors and take their shirts off at football games for the whole crowd to see. How would you propose that I "clean up the act" of my fellow fat hetero guys????
Take 'em to a pride parade, that'd scare 'em right back into their suits and ties!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:18 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,017,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Is that what you think gay people are all about? You've never heard of a gay couple who are committed to each other and have been together for many years, longer than some heterosexual married couples? You should get out more.
Nope, I've never met a couple like that. I have consoled my gay friends through their break-ups, though, just as they've consoled me through tough times.

I know many wonderful gay people. That's not the point. What IS the point is that to gain public acceptance, one must behave with decency and honor. It's like that for EVERYONE. So, why the gay community thinks it can put on annual over-the-top extravaganzas in our cities and be taken seriously doesn't make sense.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,943 times
Quote:
Believe me, the last thing i want to see when i'm eating in the mall is some guys butt. As i said don't go or take children to gat pride events. If you do then it's your choice. Sitting in a mall and watching people slobbering all over each other or showing their "bits" is not anyones choice, it's thrust on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections