Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:12 PM

881 posts, read 1,590,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The hits just keep coming! The TV news just said that Palin's church is having a "pray away gay day" where they will pray that gays convert to hetrosexual normal people! Good luck with that! BTW, do they have alot of gays in Wasilla ? I heard you can drive thrrough the whole town and NOT see a single gay bar!
And yet here we have another nutcase online spreading false tales about Palin.

Here is a short list of the smears put out by people like our "truthful friend" KevK above :

Top 7 Myths, Lies and Untruths About Sarah Palin - America’s Election HQ

Please KEEP SPREADING false tales, so that the American people, people with common sense and brains will continue to support Palin!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 02:12 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,639,061 times
I'm not changing the subject. I'm challenging the strategy you described.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:13 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Thank you for giving us another reason to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
The anti-Gay ticket?

Old 09-06-2008, 02:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I'm not changing the subject. I'm challenging the strategy you described.
No, you are changing the subject. But, I'll play along anyway, just for fun. As far as I know, Gay Pride is not a "protest strategy." If I'm wrong about that, please provide evidence.

Secondly, the zealot groups you mentioned don't take over a whole downtown area and expect widespread support. They're zealots and know they're on the fringe.

But if you're really concerned about such groups, do start threads on them and I'll be happy to add my outrage about how despicable they are.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:18 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,868,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I really do hope that this story about Sarah Palin "praying away gays" is false. In the 21st century there is no place for Homophobics. If the story is true then Palin should not even hold any Govt. Office let alone the VP of the USA. This is NOT Iran.
Not Palin, her church, Wasilla Bible Church, apparently is inviting members to attend Focus on the Family's "Love Won Out" Conference in Anchorage next week:

The Associated Press: Palin church promotes converting gays (broken link)

They (apparently) don't want gays to die, but to find the "truth":

Love Won Out

Instead of lambasting her church for it, which they have every right to believe and advocate this view, but someone should corner Palin and see if she believes as Focus on the Family believes.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:26 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
you can drive through 95% of towns and not see a gay bar. who cares what her church does? I don't care what happened in obama's church, nor do I care what happens in this woman's church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The hits just keep coming! The TV news just said that Palin's church is having a "pray away gay day" where they will pray that gays convert to hetrosexual normal people! Good luck with that! BTW, do they have alot of gays in Wasilla ? I heard you can drive thrrough the whole town and NOT see a single gay bar!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:34 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Not to be outdone, Disneyland has gotten in on the "family fun" as well:

Gay Days Anaheim

Old 09-06-2008, 03:12 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,059,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Not to be outdone, Disneyland has gotten in on the "family fun" as well:

Gay Days Anaheim
Nothing new there, it has been happening for a decade or more.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Well, if God answers prayers, then the gays should be turning straight any moment now.
LOL! Hey, when is the big Wasilla Pray Away Gay Day, anyway? And has the media been alerted, because this could be a big story. I mean, just imagine the massive worldwide "straightening." It's bound to happen the next day, dontcha think? Or maybe even within an hour? And that would make the news.

I'll make you a deal--if her church actually succeeds and I see news stories about all the gays in America going straight, I'll agree to vote for her. Hey, I'll even agree she deserves the title of America's Newest Messiah.

Oh, one thing: it has to be a news story on a respectable station. I'm not changing my vote because of something they say on Fox!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections