Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:23 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times

Advertisements

People have lost their faith in congress in general UNDER BUSH! Don't get it twisted. Republican or Democrat, people think congress is full of buffoons. If the Republicans where handling their business, they wouldn't have been voted out in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:24 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
OMG! But elections for congress are not being held today so who gives a s**t! There are more important issues facing this country than those ridiculous polls you post. How about posting an opinion on an issue other than what is force fed to you by a biased website or the other lunatics on this website.
They must not be to important or this liberal congress would not have went on a 5 week vacation when people were losing their homes and gas prices were rising.

People have finally taken notice that this congress has had 1 1/2 years to come through with their promises and they have failed us.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,428 times
It would appear the lefties want to discuss opinion and speculation rather than facts

Old 09-12-2008, 07:32 AM

Congress in general over the past 7+ years has s**t the bed under both Republican and Democratic control. I am not left or right as I have been told my views pick from both sides (yes it's possible ). Ask my daddy.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Battle for Congress Suddenly Looks Competitive

And the GOP leads in Likely Voters! WOW! What a turnaround - the electorate must have seen and heard something they liked.
In case you havnt realized. Washington is in gridlock. Congress cant do anything as long as Bush keeps using the veto pin. Thats why we need a democrat in the white house so congress can do what it has to do. No congress can be effect unless the president is of the same party of who controls congress.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Don't tell me the left may have some hypocrites! :gasp:
Just as many as the right (not a leftie by the way.....I hang around in the middle). If there were no hypocrites in the world where would we get our politicians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections