Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,017,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Are the Republicans seriousely this out of touch with America and the world around them that their version of the average American is Sarah Palin and this clown 'Joe the Plumber'???

God Help Us...no wonder the Republican party is in it's final days!
All I can say is that it's hard to believe a man who owns so many houses he lost count and one who continually gives tax breaks to the wealthiest of Americans.. .. when he says he's all for the middle class

Unfortunately people like Joe the Plumber are easily convinced that they are in the "rich" category that will recieve his wealthy tax breaks and be taxed by Obama!! LOL.. THAT is a REL hoot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,937,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
All I can say is that it's hard to believe a man who owns so many houses he lost count and one who continually gives tax breaks to the wealthiest of Americans.. .. when he says he's all for the middle class

Unfortunately people like Joe the Plumber are easily convinced that they are in the "rich" category that will recieve his wealthy tax breaks and be taxed by Obama!! LOL.. THAT is a REL hoot!
sadly many people on this board have trouble seeing that. Many, it is like 75%.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
No, the problem is that the Republican party has been hi-jacked by the religious right and far right wing fringe groups. The normal Republicans have been rewarding the RNC's catering to the hi-jackers by voting for them and they've got to stop that if they want their party back.

I think the Republican's only chance to get their party back to what it used to be would be to shift their positions on abortion and guns just enough to get rid of those radical fringe supporters.
You are absolutely correct!! I will never give up my position about guns. That is not an option. I am not registered as a Republican because I changed my registration many years ago when I saw that both parties were being run by the fringe on both sides. Of course you would like to see Republicans give up what they believe in and that way there would be more Dems elected. Republicans for the most part will not change their views about guns and abortion. I have no trouble with voting for someone is for abortion, except for the late birth abortion. I have a huge problem with people who want to take away my rights to own firearms.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:32 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
I think mccain is all for tax breaks for all americans. it's just democrats who point out that he's going to give tax breaks to those evil rich. who needs them anyway? who is john galt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 AM

Nobody will ever take away firearms. It is impossible. Even if a bill was actually passed (which would never happen) then I would hate to be the guy responsible of going around the country demanding people's loaded firearms.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:41 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yes, what a world it would be with only one party. how great would that be. I believe that is the first step towards a military dictatorship.
No parties would be the way to go but that will never happen and until 3rd parties get proper recognition from government and media we are stuck with a jackass or an elephant in office for a long time to come.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Thumbs down America is NOT the GOP's private yard sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Are the Republicans seriousely this out of touch with America and the world around them that their version of the average American is Sarah Palin and this clown 'Joe the Plumber'???

God Help Us...no wonder the Republican party is in it's final days!

The GOP has gone to the dogs. Reasonable, rational Republicans have been shouted down by crackpots from the brain-dead "religious right" and idealogues from the far right economic and social fringes. This is not your father's GOP.

This is an unprecedented mess, and the current mutation of the GOP doesn't even appear willing to pitch in to clean up their squalor or even to acknowledge their accountability for driving America into the ditch. They offer only whiney fingerpointing and childish dodging of their responsibility.

I've voted Republican for more than 30 years. But I may never again for the remainder of my life. The party requires severe electoral punishment and long-term restructuring. Their fate should be a minimum of two decades as a minority party in order for them to absorb the signifgance of their betrayal of the American mainstream. As long as they continue to embrace the fringe, they should be reduced to a bit player on the political scene.

They've worked long and hard to bring America to her knees. They should now reap the bitter harvest of what they've sown.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:47 AM

^good post.

I would actually consider myself a republican, I agree with small local goverment, and more freedoms to individuals. HOwever, this is not what the current republican party represents.

I vote Republican for many local representatives and I voted for a republican Mayor. Mayors of cities are never anything but Democrat, and when you look at the way the city goverment runs, it is far from a good thing too.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Talking Is this a quiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
who is john galt?

A shallow pictograph of a character in a long, boring, preachy novel that presents a "philosophy" almost as profound as a fortune cookie?

R.I.P. objectivism...

http://is1.okcupid.com/users/156/664/1566642811609810544/mt1147463281.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 AM

438 posts, read 503,692 times
The Republicans could have had this election in the bag if they had given Ron Paul fair coverage, instead they stabbed him in the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections