Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:16 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
About 10 years ago, my husband left his job because he had a dream of starting his own company. We were newly married & had just bought a house & I wasn't making much $$. But it was time-my husband knew it. We used some of our savings, took out a 50K second mortgage on our new home & hoped like hell our 'dream' would work out. We started the company in the basement of our home, worked 6 days a week, 14 hour days for a long, long time. It took tears & dedication because we just knew we could do it. I'm happy to say it ended in the best success we could ever have imagined as our company grew to nationwide proportions. Was is luck, talent, hard work or a little of all 3? Now years later, where we are now- I look back & think how fortunate we are. We have 2 small children now & we have invested for their futures. Neither one of us came from wealthy families. My parents still live in the 35 year old 1,300 sq. ft. ranch home I was raised in. They are 62 & both work full time jobs- & they are both happy with the income they have. They would never accept help or a handout from anyone. I had a great life growing up but we worked for everything we had. Now my husband & I are still the same people at heart. Humble beginnings with some hard work & success in life. I love how people try & villify the "wealthy". We are all mean evil selfish folks right?!

The amount of taxes we currently pay would blow your mind. Now, its so nice of you to volunteer us to pay 40%- you see no reason why we shouldn't & you have no clue. It's easy when you don't have to pay the extra huh? Sorry if after years of blood sweat & tears, we aren't so free willing to give away more of our hard earned money to people who aren't willing to try & succeed for themselves. We did it & risked everything. That's what sets people apart. Not everyone succeeds but it's the drive that sets them apart from the folks at home praying Obama wins so they can get an increase in their monthly government checks or pay even less taxes than the amount they already do. Or those that might want to do better but why should they? If they succeed, they'll only get taxed more so what's the point right?!

Yes, let's stick it to those horrible, greedy b*stards that make more than 250K That mentality never ceases to amaze me.
Better to stick it to the middle class, eh? Give me a break. Your tax will go up 3%. Big friggin' deal. Most working people make "hard earned money" "after years of blood sweat & tears." What makes you think you're so special? What makes you think that you should get all the tax breaks? The wealthy have been getting a very good deal for years now. It's time to pay up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 11:18 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,412 times
Yes, we can! Yes, we can!
Yes, we can get the money of the RICH!
Yes, we can!

This is the change we need!!!!!

I want my handout from Obama.

Spread the wealth around.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,746 times
I truly believe Joe the plumber is going to cost Obama this election! People who are moderate, middle of the road politically are FINALLY starting to get it now! They finally see Obama's ideology for what it is. It is as anti-American and traditional America as you can get.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Yes, we can! Yes, we can!
Yes, we can get the money of the RICH!
Yes, we can!

I want my handout from Obama.

Spread the wealth around.

The wealth has been taken from the middle class and "spread" among the wealthy for years now.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM

118 posts, read 146,477 times
You can bet your last dollar that when he starts spreading the wealth, white people will be at the bottom of the list.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I truly believe Joe the plumber is going to cost Obama this election! People who are moderate, middle of the road politically are FINALLY starting to get it now! They finally see Obama's ideology for what it is. It is as anti-American and traditional America as you can get.
The only people who would decide who to vote for based on what "Joe the Plumber" has to say are idiots.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyT View Post
You can bet your last dollar that when he starts spreading the wealth, white people will be at the bottom of the list.
And race has nothing to do with your vote. Right.

I honestly do not understand why people are so afraid of Obama because he's black. Racism is an ugly thing.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The only people who would decide who to vote for based on what "Joe the Plumber" has to say are idiots.
Oh that proves soooooooooooo much doesn't it. Moving, 99% of your posts are nothing more then one-liners with no content. Why not actually flex your little brain and come back with a response that has content.

What Joe the plumber says specifically, no! It is the ideology behind what it stands for! Only idiots are incapable of getting this.......

Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,412 times
Quote:
The wealth has been taken from the middle class and "spread" among the wealthy for years now.
Yes. It is time for the middle class to get the money of the wealthy and the corporations.
I don't care if the corporations outsource their jobs to other countries.
I want their money.
This is the change that we need.
Yes, we can.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:29 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,987 times
Quote:
Better to stick it to the middle class, eh? Give me a break. Your tax will go up 3%. Big friggin' deal. Most working people make "hard earned money" "after years of blood sweat & tears." What makes you think you're so special? What makes you think that you should get all the tax breaks? The wealthy have been getting a very good deal for years now. It's time to pay up.
I didn't say "stick it to the middle class"- I grew up "middle class", my parents, brother & most everyone I know is middle class. I'm not special nor did I claim to be. We DON'T 'get all the tax breaks'- have you ever started &/or ran a business? I doubt it. It's not free & easy street as you would all like to believe. And if you think your taxes aren't going to be raised under Obama, you're in for a surprise. I've been on both sides of that tax line. And when I was middle class, I still didn't resent or hate those who were successful- as much as you appear to do.

Last edited by PixiStix; 10-18-2008 at 11:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections