Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Ever notice how the neo-con posters ignore all the posts about McCain's unsavory associations?

This assault on Obama's character is insane. I mean, really seriously insane. The same type of posts, over and over and over again. Spend hours trying to respond, intelligently, with the facts: NADA. They're not interested in the facts. They just keep posting the same wingnut sources with the same twisted information. Over and over and over again.

Hopeless. And rather tragic, actually. To think that you would be so consumed by hate and fear that you would fall into a 24/7 obsession with pursuing paranoid fantasies, and frantically trying to spread them to save the world.

I'm done. No more answers to those kinds of posts. Just going to hit the "ignore" button. Done.
Nothing insane about it Terrorists are serious business............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,634,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
there are a lot more crazies than that! lol!

Obviously, when you come to a point where you don't have a smart butt supposed insulting comeback to what someone has posted or see that your attempts to bully someone don't work, they conveniently go on your ignore list. Yup...SAD! Now go add me to that list. That's probably where all the people in their right minds are.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:53 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Ever notice how the neo-con posters ignore all the posts about McCain's unsavory associations?

This assault on Obama's character is insane. I mean, really seriously insane. The same type of posts, over and over and over again. Spend hours trying to respond, intelligently, with the facts: NADA. They're not interested in the facts. They just keep posting the same wingnut sources with the same twisted information. Over and over and over again.

Hopeless. And rather tragic, actually. To think that you would be so consumed by hate and fear that you would fall into a 24/7 obsession with pursuing paranoid fantasies, and frantically trying to spread them to save the world.

I'm done. No more answers to those kinds of posts. Just going to hit the "ignore" button. Done.
lol - you know, this would be so funny, except its about the future of our country. But, yes, you are correct,,, its tragic, hopelessly tragic, and as the Greeks would love this - as the best humour and tragedy have mixtures of each within 'em to make the story even better. And the story here is that I've yet to see anything where Obama's connections with these persons has been debunked by any reputable non-biased source. If I have missed it, I humbly sincerely apologize - please share with me. Likewise, please share with me where within this thread even where you have posted anything to debunk with intelligence and with facts what has been posted herein?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Yahoo news, find it yourself
"Despite challenging Obama on the association, McCain insisted that he does not care about the “old washed-up terrorist”"

John McCain has a brain.. why isn't he using it? He said he did not care about the washed up terrorist...
He said he doesn't care about some washed up terrorist, rather he was more concerned about the judgment of someone who would associate with them at the levels Obama has. I suggest you stop twisting the truth of the issue here and act more responsibly in your claims of information, it only makes you appear as a liar.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:04 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
We dont care about Ayers.

We do, Ayres is a terrorist, obama is a anti American pos who will not be POTUS.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:12 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

My question is, if William Ayer's personal actions of the 70's were so horrible, then how could he have been accepted to teach at an accredited University, such as the University of Chicago?
Obviously it doesn't take much. They took obama as well, next week perhaps Ward Churchill will be employed again. Hell, if they were still alive they would also accept such great folks like Timothy Leary and Abbie Hoffman. You apparently don't know very many college professors, they aren't for the most part anything to brag about.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Please see my replies below in bold... thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
William Ayers belonged to a radical 70's anti-war protest group called the Weather Underground, which was trying to stop the Vietnam War.

Some of the actions of this group (bombings, etc.) were ILLEGAL and WRONG, and should have resulted in JAIL SENTENCES for those responsible.

However, back in the 70's, over half the country wanted the Vietnam War to end.

During the 70's, there were thousands of protest marches against the Vietnam war involving millions of protesters.

The Weather Underground crossed the line, and went too far with their protest actions.

However, William Ayers has since become a college professor at the University of Chicago.

Obama also taught at the University of Chicago, which is how Obama met Ayers.

My question is, if William Ayer's personal actions of the 70's were so horrible, then how could he have been accepted to teach at an accredited University, such as the University of Chicago?

Sometimes, some people can find themselves in positions that through the help of others and due to their own intelligence and hard work, that may surprise most people.

Could it be that although Ayers was involved with the Weather Underground, perhaps he was never personally involved with the actual bombings?

Could it be that Santa really does exist? And that the Great Pumpkin will indeed make an appearance in a couple weeks?

Just how large was the Weather Underground? Were all of it's members guilty of serious crimes, or only some of them?

Define 'guilt'... Define 'serious crimes'... How large is large? What does that really matter?

I think these are reasonable questions that should be answered before we label Ayers a "terrorist".

Really? Why?

And if Obama first met Ayers many years later, after Ayers was accepted as a respected University professor, then why should Obama's current association to him have any link to Ayer's past? It makes absolutely no sense!

Define 'respected'... Just who accepted him? Again, as to his association, yes that does concern me.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,991,765 times
I found a lot of information about Ayer's here:

Bill Ayers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayers was a co-founder of the Weather Underground. He turned himself into authorities in 1980.

Below is the part which shows the association of Ayers to Obama:

Quote:
Obama-Ayers Controversy

Main article: Bill Ayers presidential election controversy
Bill Ayers and Barack Obama at one time lived in the same neighborhood in the city of Chicago, and both had worked on education reform in the state of Illinois. The two met "at a luncheon meeting about school reform."[41] Obama was named to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge Project Board of Directors to oversee the distribution of grants in Chicago. Later in 1995, Ayers hosted "a coffee" for "Mr. Obama's first run for office."[42] The two served on the board of a community anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 2000 and 2002, during which time the board met twelve times.[42] In April 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate.[41] Since 2002, there has been little linking Obama and Ayers.[42] The senator said in September 2008 that he hadn't "seen him in a year-and-a-half."[43] In February 2008, Obama spokesman Bill Burton released a statement from the senator about the relationship between the two: "Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous."[41] CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the non-profit projects in which the two men were involved.[44] Internal reviews by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time magazine, The Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic "have said that their reporting does not support the idea that Obama and Ayers had a close relationship".[45] William C. Ibershof, the lead federal prosecutor of the Weather Underground case noted, "I am amazed and outraged that Senator Barack Obama is being linked to William Ayers’s terrorist activities 40 years ago when Mr. Obama was, as he has noted, just a child."[46]

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,029,736 times
Alas this is not the first time this has been posted!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:03 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Sad... that some people don't care about history, where people came from, what they did, why they did it,,, cause, ya know, its history that shapes who we are, and provides foundation of what we will do.

JustOneMinute: Almost Like Reporting
Obama Needs to Explain His Ties to William Ayers - Michael Barone (usnews.com)

George Santayana: "Those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
The problem is that most of the American public are not up for true facts. It would tarnish their version of Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections