Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have in office if these two were your only choices for 2008?
George Bush 24 43.64%
Hillary Clinton 31 56.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:30 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I watched a sport fishing show with George Bush featured. He caught an under sized fish, made a joke, tossed it to his dog, saying," he likes to play with them." I thought this action showed the essential conscienceless, corrupt soul of the man. He is not a Christian, he uses the Christian religion as a mask. He is a sociopath.
I used to toss the Sun fish to my golden. Does that make me a Sociopath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 08:34 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,827 times
It is of course an error of logic to take one set of expressed data and project it globally.

Tossing live animals to another animal to play with does not necessarily mean one is a sociopath, Killing an animal for no purpose other than pleasure is not the action of a normal person. Throwing an animal to another animal to watch the other animal kill it, is not the action of a sane person.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
I watched a sport fishing show with George Bush featured. He caught an under sized fish, made a joke, tossed it to his dog, saying," he likes to play with them." I thought this action showed the essential conscienceless, corrupt soul of the man. He is not a Christian, he uses the Christian religion as a mask. He is a sociopath.
Was the fish an endangered species? That would seem rather fitting considering his personality.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:01 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,504,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
I used to toss the Sun fish to my golden. Does that make me a Sociopath?
Umm -------- Probably.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
I've already stated how much I dislike Hillary Klinton and why.Bush has been a disappointment in many ways,though I'd stick with him given that choice.

thank goodness we can clean house every 4 or 8 years and elect yet another disappointment.

Many Repubs are not acting like Repubs these days,they spend money the same,nanny the same....but I prefere them over any Ted Kennedy,Al Gore and most of all...a Klinton.

as much as Carter was a letdown...and I was just a kid then,at least he seems a little down to Earth in some ways,and generally refrains from bad mouthing current politics.

where are thet everyday,yet intelligent and capable people anymore to be president?...the kind that do a civic duty then return to private life and actually produce afterward,not just getting paid for speeches or becoming a token professor at some college....

Old 02-17-2007, 07:19 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
[quote=nhyrnut;374824]Education should always be funded this is 1 area that should never be affected. But I must admit I do believe teachers to be overpaid. Except for the new to field teachers.QUOTE]

I've really been enjoying this thread. Much humor, good debate.... but this statement needs a thread of its own. I'd probably be cited for suggesting what I would call it, so will leave it to the imagination. How do you figure that teachers are overpaid?!

Old 02-17-2007, 07:37 PM

191 posts, read 693,089 times
For those of who say you can't spend w/o raising taxes, your just wrong. You can reduce the size of the government and stop making people so dependent on government for help. We can reduce welfare, stop giving into unions of government workers(ie teachers), and decrease spending on social programs in general. Hillary is too liberal and does not believe that people can be independent. I believe in hard work and independence and don't need the government to write me a pay check and pay for my health care. Although Bush isn't the most popular guy, I would vote for him over Hillary anyday.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:45 PM

191 posts, read 693,089 times
Quote:
If you were able to hear all the good verses the bad that's going on in Iraq we should try to have hope for Iraq and Afganstian and support the time they have been given to pull a third world country together.
That is because 90% of the national media is liberal.

Quote:
How come nobody talks about the fact that Mr. Bush is not even remotely addressing the debt he has built up?
I see that you missed the state of the union. He believes the budget can be balanced in 5 years. Don't know how true that is but he did mention it.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:46 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,827 times
Ah yes, the overpaid teachers; let us see, Engineer, 4 years of college, starting pay, about $50,000. Computer engineers,, 4 years of college, starting pay,, $70,000. Teacher, 5 years of college, starting pay $30,000.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:48 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the overpaid teachers; let us see, Engineer, 4 years of college, starting pay, about $50,000. Computer engineers,, 4 years of college, starting pay,, $70,000. Teacher, 5 years of college, starting pay $30,000.
and subs here in Jax make $8 without a degree (without a degree????) and $10 with a degree!! I pay my sitter $10 an hour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections