Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:54 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,848,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
McCain will win. The Dems internal polling in Pennsylvania, for example only have Obama up by 2%. That is why McCain is hammering PA away. If you add Obama calling people in PAS "bitter people clinging to guns and religion" and you add Dem Congressman Jack Murtha saying Western Pennsylvanians are "Rednecks" and "racist bigots"... you have a chance for MAC!

Obama has over-polled EVERY SINGLE TIME in this election, from New Hampshire to Kentucky primaries. You cannot rely on the liberal news polls.

I also remember one thing - the media and all the polls said that Dewey was going to smash Truman in the election and thus, it caused massive Rep turnout to stay home, as they figure Deweyw as a shoe-in.

WE all know how that's turned out.

VOTE GOP FRIENDS AND SMART DEMOCRATS! LET'S DEFEAT ISLAMIC-SYMPATHIZER, OBAMA! Obama!!

Washington Times - HYMAN: Obama's Kenya ghosts
You had me up until the Islamic Sympathizer part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
I think it's like being a little bit pregnant.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
I agree with batrice... I think the polls are wrong. A lot of people will be surprised come election day.

I just drove a 1 mile through my suburban Philadelphia neighborhood, one which couldn't be more diverse. We have African Americans, whites, Koreans and Jews who Conservative Jews who walk to one the three synagogues every Saturday morning. The entire route was lined with Obama lawn signs. I live in a corner house and on each corner is an Obama sign, the entire neighborhood is awash in blue and white.

I have lived here since 2000 and I have never seen this level of voter participation (should I say anticipation). Montgomery County, where I live, is one of the four suburban "battle ground" counties in Pennsylvania which include Bucks, Chester, Delaware, that is 20% of the voting population. Add in Philadelphia county and you have about 43% of the total vote.

If the polls are wrong in Pennsylvania, you sure as hell couldn't tell by the visible support that Obama is receiving in this part of the state.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:13 PM

18,004 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, two days ago you had a thread called "Help Me" in which you claimed you had just voted early for Obama and wanted to know how to undo it. Today you're claiming you're voting for McCain. I seem to recall some Ralph Nader threads from you, too.

Wow, you're flip flopping more than McCain! Have you considered a career in politics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by batrice View Post
(I decided to)vote for Obama and now I truly regret it, even Biden is hesitant that he is up to the job.
Good call Normie. How is this not trolling? Rep for you.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:16 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,030,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
I just drove a 1 mile through my suburban Philadelphia neighborhood, one which couldn't be more diverse. We have African Americans, whites, Koreans and Jews who Conservative Jews who walk to one the three synagogues every Saturday morning. The entire route was lined with Obama lawn signs. I live in a corner house and on each corner is an Obama sign, the entire neighborhood is awash in blue and white.

I have lived here since 2000 and I have never seen this level of voter participation (should I say anticipation). Montgomery County, where I live, is one of the four suburban "battle ground" counties in Pennsylvania which include Bucks, Chester, Delaware, that is 20% of the voting population. Add in Philadelphia county and you have about 43% of the total vote.

If the polls are wrong in Pennsylvania, you sure as hell couldn't tell by the visible support that Obama is receiving in this part of the state.
Other parts of the state are very different and there are like no I mean no Obama signs at all. Doesn't mean there aren't supporters but they don't have their signs out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections