Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,711,113 times

Advertisements

Trading one bad President for another one won't solve much of anything. In normal times, I usually dislike McCain because I don't like his immigration policies. I'd have rather seen Tancredo or someone like him in office. Maybe even Ron Paul or a write in would be a better choice than the 2 we have right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 07:58 PM

11,709 posts, read 24,819,290 times
Oh noes. Obama is going to win. We're all screwed. The economy will go down the drain, we'll be at war with a country that didn't have WMD's, every child left behind act, etc.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 PM

542 posts, read 1,685,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I stopped reading after that. It goes like this:

"I couldn't care less"

If you could "care less", you would. Why does everyone get that wrong?

Ok, politics aside...this has always bothered me too!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:09 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nws View Post
you need jesus and a spellchecker
lmao...good gouge,may I use it sometime?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Cool .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Come on people, his own VP doesn't believe he is ready to be president.

I may only be 25 years old but I am not BLIND nor ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
young and ignorant describes most Obama supporters. Like here. THere has been no serious discussion of the points brought up , just sarcastic comments becuase most Obot supporters don't really know the true Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
You certainly are cocksure of your elucidation of my character.

But unfortunately, for you, I'm going to have to burst your bubble of arrogance, your attempt at sizing me up was a failure.

1. I question, watch, and listen to all that goes on this world. To be aware and not to be consumed.

2. I post my own observations,through investigated proof in which think is pretty damn close to the facts, (because face it, who knows what the **** the TRUE facts are anyways?)

You? I'm guessing your use of "well put together, educated responses" feed into your ego which allows your head to grow and in return would make up for what you may lack in other areas.

You are just another fleming in this world who thinks his view on life is more unique and open-minded than most and that you pretty much have the government and life all figured out.

You are not as independent as you think... you are just another follower who believes he is a leader who will not succumb to the ways of the world.

Don't even for one minute believe you are something special.

One day, when you grow up, you'll understand that. Wisdom comes with experience and you have no clue about my experiences.

Nuff said. I'm out.
:Yawn:

"Since I've never been called a man of few words, let me say this as simply as I can: Yes. Yes, I accept your nomination to run and serve alongside our next president of the United States of America, Barack Obama. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to elect Barack Obama president. It's our time. It's America's time. God bless America, and may he protect our troops." - Senator Biden
Source

"The choice in the election is clear. These times require more than a good soldier. They require a wise leader."

"Again and again, John McCain has been wrong, and Barack Obama is right." - Senator Biden
Source

Old 10-25-2008, 10:11 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
^^^^nuff said^^^^^

Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Trading one bad President for another one won't solve much of anything. In normal times, I usually dislike McCain because I don't like his immigration policies. I'd have rather seen Tancredo or someone like him in office. Maybe even Ron Paul or a write in would be a better choice than the 2 we have right now.
I do agree and that would be why I can't with good conscience vote for either of them.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:05 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
lmao...good gouge,may I use it sometime?
Except that jesus is Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections